Having problems with the crew

Ok, so I recently downloaded The Crew as a part of the Ubisoft 30th anniversary. But when i try to launch the game it crashes. "The Crew Game has stopped working" it says. I have updated my video card drivers to the latest ones, an are now trying to reinstall the game, but it hasn`t worked. Any suggestions?

On 9/17/2016 at 7:51 AM, Dewam said:

Ok, so I recently downloaded The Crew as a part of the Ubisoft 30th anniversary. But when i try to launch the game it crashes. "The Crew Game has stopped working" it says. I have updated my video card drivers to the latest ones, an are now trying to reinstall the game, but it hasn`t worked. Any suggestions?

I had the same problem with my GTX 950, turns out my drivers were too new for The Crew causing the game to "stop working", this was fixed by finding a older driver that worked.

On 19.9.2016 at 2:01 AM, Dan Castellaneta said:

AMD card?

No. It is a GTX 960.

On 19.9.2016 at 3:22 AM, Amit27_ said:

I had the same problem with my GTX 950, turns out my drivers were too new for The Crew causing the game to "stop working", this was fixed by finding a older driver that worked.

I have contacted the Ubisoft support, and if they cant help me I will have to find an older driver i guess. THX for the help though :D

On 21/09/2016 at 11:07 AM, Dewam said:

I have contacted the Ubisoft support, and if they cant help me I will have to find an older driver i guess. THX for the help though :D

Did you ever get through to ubisoft support? Just wondering...

On 24.9.2016 at 9:27 PM, Amit27_ said:

Did you ever get through to ubisoft support? Just wondering...

Well, took some time, but it didnt seem like they actually knew what the problem was. The support guy probably just sent a general list of things to do. You know, the usual stuff: clean restart, update to the latest Nvidia drivers, update directX and... reistall visual c++? The last one didnt make sense, neither the directX update (the link showed me a download from 2010, which is strange, since i run the newest directX 12). I got the feeling that reinstalling C++ will just give more problems than solutions. Running windows 10 btw. If you guys have any other ideas, go ahead. But for now I will just wait until Nvidia releases a driver that actually works with the crew.

Ps. I dont want to intall an old driver that works, i prefer new and "safe" drivers.

1 hour ago, Dewam said:

update directX and... reistall visual c++? The last one didnt make sense, neither the directX update (the link showed me a download from 2010, which is strange, since i run the newest directX 12). I got the feeling that reinstalling C++ will just give more problems than solutions.

That's not how it works.

The games need the version they are using installed. I have like 20 different Visual C++ redist. packs installed and same kinda deal with DX.

...So, if you don't also have working "DirectX June 2010 Redistributable" that the Crew needs, it's not going to work.

You can't thank Microsoft for this nonsense ;)

Check my Video Game Photos on Flickr at https://www.flickr.com/photos/snakedrone/ ?

55 minutes ago, SnakeDrone said:

That's not how it works.

The games need the version they are using installed. I have like 20 different Visual C++ redist. packs installed and same kinda deal with DX.

...So, if you don't also have working "DirectX June 2010 Redistributable" that the Crew needs, it's not going to work.

Ohh... thx a lot. Going to try it out :D

On 9/27/2016 at 0:01 PM, SnakeDrone said:

That's not how it works.

So if I download that...will the crew work with any Nvidia driver on my GTX 950? @SnakeDrone

Just to take this thread to an end. The guy from Ubisoft came up with a solution that worked. It had nothing to do with drivers or anything. All I had to do was to create a new local user on my computer (it had to be an administrator user) and run the crew on this. It worked out quite well (had to find the game in the file explorer first though). It still doesnt work on my main user, but I can live with it (I have clearified this small issue to the guy from Ubisoft, still waiting for his respond).

So if you have the same problem as me, you may try tthis simple solutuion :D