ASUS X99 Deluxe error Code 53 EDIT: Only 1 stick of ram detected

rattacko123

So I upgraded my ram from G,Skill 2400mhz 16GB ram (with xmp enabled) to Corsair vengeance LPX 3200mhz 32GB ram. The motherboard came up with error code 53. So I did the 1 ram stick thing where I tried different ram sticks, I even tried my old ram, and the issue still persists. I thought that it might be caused by the XMP settings I had, so I tried clearing cmos, still error 53. I pressed the memoryOK! button, but still error 53. I unplugged everything except the GPU and motherboard power, still the same issue. The only thing left to do is update my bios I think.

Any other suggestions for what I could do? I never thought it would be this problematic upgrading RAM. 

EDIT: The LED next to the ram is flashing red, does that indicate anything? or is it the same thing as error 53

EDIT2: Ok so I got the motherboard to detect 1 stick of my old ram, when I add more sticks, it doesn't detect them

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

it's possible that with XMP left enabled and new ram with different frq might've messed up the BIOS

5 minutes ago, zMeul said:

it's possible that with XMP left enabled and new ram with different frq might've messed up the BIOS

Yeah thats what I'm thinking, surely clearing CMOS should fix that though? I'll try updating the bios, and we'll see what happens I guess

hello!

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

Just now, rattacko123 said:

Yeah thats what I'm thinking, surely clearing CMOS should fix that though? I'll try updating the bios, and we'll see what happens I guess

theoretically it should, but from what I'm reading that RAM kitt isn't on the approved list

get one of the old RAM sticks on the mobo and reset the BIOS, test it in every slot

2 hours ago, zMeul said:

theoretically it should, but from what I'm reading that RAM kitt isn't on the approved list

get one of the old RAM sticks on the mobo and reset the BIOS, test it in every slot

Haven't tested my ram yet, been kinda busy. If the ram is not supported or if my motherboard has shit the bed, then I guess it is probably a good time for a motherboard upgrade, my warranty has expired I thinks. 
Which motherboard out of these would you recommend? 
https://www.pccasegear.com/category/138_1679/intel-socket-2011-3 I'm thinking the gigabyte designaire or Msi XPOWER, they both have dual bios, so if I screw something up my motherboard should be ok.

hello!

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

-Crapbook

18 minutes ago, rattacko123 said:

Which motherboard out of these would you recommend? 

no idea, I'd go with the cheapest - the MSI X99A SLI Krait, has DUAL BIOS

Well, I have updated the BIOS to the latest version and I have tried 2 ram slots so far with the old ram, so far no luck. Still Error code 53, the motherboard cannot recognise the memory no matter what I do. My CPU cooler is blocking 2 of my RAM slots, my G.skill memory is too high profile so I can only test 6 slots.

hello!

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

-Crapbook

9 hours ago, zMeul said:

Would my existing windows installation work with the motherboard? Or will I need to reinstall? 
Based on this article: http://www.howtogeek.com/239815/why-cant-you-move-a-windows-installation-to-another-computer/  I would likely run into driver issues

hello!

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

-Crapbook

11 hours ago, zMeul said:

It doesn't ship until 26th september. Newegg Australia has it in stock so I might look at that.
The new ram I got is https://www.pccasegear.com/products/35435 the 32GB model is not listed on the compatibility sheet.

hello!

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

-Crapbook

hello!

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

-Crapbook

Try pressing the memok button next to the ram. If not reflash your BIOS.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

1 minute ago, ClownFace1511 said:

Do I press it with the power on? or power off like CMOS? I already updated my bios and cleared cmos

hello!

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

-Crapbook

14 minutes ago, ClownFace1511 said:

OMG THANKS!!! I managed to get 1 dimm working!
I did it by pressing memok every time I switched dimm places. The right side ram slots of the motherboard didn't work, but the left side does.
I have disabled XMP and I'm going to try my new ram, because it should theoretically work without XMP.

hello!

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

-Crapbook

My new ram doesn't work at all sadly ;(
Well I managed to get 1 stick of my old ram detected and managed to boot into bios.
Now the only problem is, my mobo wont detect more than 1 stick of ram, only the second slot to the left is detected, any ideas?
hopefully my dimm slots aren't dead, I don't want to be stuck with 4GB of ram

hello!

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

-Crapbook

1 hour ago, rattacko123 said:

My new ram doesn't work at all sadly ;(
Well I managed to get 1 stick of my old ram detected and managed to boot into bios.
Now the only problem is, my mobo wont detect more than 1 stick of ram, only the second slot to the left is detected, any ideas?
hopefully my dimm slots aren't dead, I don't want to be stuck with 4GB of ram

Strange, try to clean pins and connectors as much as possible. Something is not making contact or slot is dead. 

54 minutes ago, raphidy said:

Strange, try to clean pins and connectors as much as possible. Something is not making contact or slot is dead. 

I tried 6 different slots with different dimms, it still only detects 1 dimm. *sigh* well I'm gonna try getting windows booted up, I reckon I can wait until I get new mobo

EDIT: how would you suggest I clean them? I don't have compressed air

hello!

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

-Crapbook

What motherboard should I get? MSI krait seems good, but I will have to buy it from a non-australian store or wait 10 days. There is the much more expensive ones, not sure if I should go for those... Maybe I should wait until Kabylake-X xD 

hello!

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

-Crapbook

18 minutes ago, rattacko123 said:

I tried 6 different slots with different dimms, it still only detects 1 dimm. *sigh* well I'm gonna try getting windows booted up, I reckon I can wait until I get new mobo

EDIT: how would you suggest I clean them? I don't have compressed air

Alcohol and cotton swab. 

Just now, raphidy said:

Alcohol and cotton swab. 

I only have 70% alchohol mixture, and I have identified 2 slots as working, but only one of them works at any one time. imo my motherboard is screwed

4GB memory.PNG

hello!

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

-Crapbook

Post new comments in this thread:

hello!

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

-Crapbook