Best currency to mine with free power?

As title says... Although I have an nVidia GPU and I know AMD is better for mining, which currency should I mine? I have free power so everything'd be pure profit.

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

Tablet: iPad Mini 2

For the 2€ you'd make a month running your PC 24/7 it's not really worth it to start at all tbh.

What GPU do you have?

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

If you have a chain of 50+ R9 280X's knock yourself out. If not, well then, it's not worth the time. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

mining with gpu is not worth it anymore (folding is worth it tho), the energy bills from it are higher. nowdays people use specialized hardware for it.

Just now, JCBiggs said:

might not be worth it now.. what if you mine 10 coins and in 3 years they are worth 5k each?  

than you simply buy them now. buying them is cheaper than mining them most of the time. (unless you have specialized hardware)

24 minutes ago, tlink said:

mining with gpu is not worth it anymore (folding is worth it tho), the energy bills from it are higher. nowdays people use specialized hardware for it.

Wait... Folding gives you money?

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

1 hour ago, arvark said:

Wait... Folding gives you money?

#EVGA Bucks. Why do you think they are one of the top tier teams?

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

If I read right, 3.000.000 points = 5$... 

Spoiler

12 hours ago, arvark said:

*10$, not 5.

Also, please quote other people when responding to them, just like I did right now.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

18 hours ago, arvark said:

3 million points = $10

My gtx 1070 makes ~650k points a day but it only covers my electricity costs because its expensive in germany :D

12 hours ago, Imakuni said:

*10$, not 5.

Also, please quote other people when responding to them, just like I did right now.

6 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

3 million points = $10

My gtx 1070 makes ~650k points a day but it only covers my electricity costs because its expensive in germany :D

Well, here I don't pay for electricity, and also I don't play that much often, like a three days a week for a couple of hours or three max. But how much can I do with a 970? Would it be worth it? How will it affect my card?

Spoiler

1 hour ago, arvark said:

Well, here I don't pay for electricity, and also I don't play that much often, like a three days a week for a couple of hours or three max. But how much can I do with a 970? Would it be worth it? How will it affect my card?

No it doesnt affect your card if its propperly cooled  i.e. the fans are running :)

I am pretty sure that a gtx 970 is around 300.000 points a day

2 hours ago, arvark said:

But how much can I do with a 970? Would it be worth it? How will it affect my card?

V

1 hour ago, Teddy07 said:

No it doesnt affect your card if its propperly cooled  i.e. the fans are running :)

I am pretty sure that a gtx 970 is around 300.000 points a day

Lowest I've seen on mine was 330k, highest was 420k. Usually it's at 370k, though.

More than enough to get 3M points in month, anyway.

Fact is, IDK why, I ran it for a few minutes and Max I could get was 30k... Is it normal?

Spoiler

7 hours ago, arvark said:

Fact is, IDK why, I ran it for a few minutes and Max I could get was 30k... Is it normal?

You need to complete 10 Working units first in order to get a passkey which boosts your points greatly because you get bonus points for completing each unit. 

In addition a working units estimated finish and therefore points is only accurate if it is at least around 5%

38 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

You need to complete 10 Working units first in order to get a passkey which boosts your points greatly because you get bonus points for completing each unit. 

In addition a working units estimated finish and therefore points is only accurate if it is at least around 5%

So once it finishes my WU (it says 3hrs) I'll get one WU? How much will 10 of 'em increase my points? Also, I didn't understand the last part.

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, arvark said:

So once it finishes my WU (it says 3hrs) I'll get one WU? How much will 10 of 'em increase my points? Also, I didn't understand the last part.

Sorry i am not a native english speaker:

The bonus points will boost your points by a factor of around 10 times. They are simply there to encourge people to finish their projects and not make huge pauses when you have a WU.

You can get a passkey by simply opening the software --> configure and then enter the passkey which is sent to your email adress.

You might have noticed that the F@H clients needs a bit time for most WUs to accurately estimate the time when your WU is finished. I noticed you shouldnt take the estimation seriously if your WU is below ~5% completion.

Here it says CPU:23% GPU:60%. So which one is it?

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

Sorry i am not a native english speaker:

The bonus points will boost your points by a factor of around 10 times. They are simply there to encourge people to finish their projects and not make huge pauses when you have a WU.

You can get a passkey by simply opening the software --> configure and then enter the passkey which is sent to your email adress.

You might have noticed that the F@H clients needs a bit time for most WUs to accurately estimate the time when your WU is finished. I noticed you shouldnt take the estimation seriously if your WU is below ~5% completion.

Spoiler

Just now, arvark said:

doesnt matter because both count

1 minute ago, Teddy07 said:

doesnt matter because both count

Should I make an average to see if it's below or above 5%?

Spoiler

Just now, arvark said:

Should I make an average to see if it's below or above 5%?

No.

Sorry the 5% confused you only. Just ignore that part of my comment because it wasnt important anyways

9 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

No.

Sorry the 5% confused you only. Just ignore that part of my comment because it wasnt important anyways

Sorry if I bother you, but,  my GPU has just finished, is that a full WU? How do I check how many WU I have?

Spoiler