iTel Bonded Internet

iTel affiliate link: http://itel.com/ltt-bonded/ (please note the service is only currently available in the US and Canada)

Do you want some of the creature comforts of a business internet line, but don't want to pay the ridiculous price most cable companies offer? There may be another way...

"here at linust-nmediagroup"

linust-nmediagroup.png

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

8$/month:

5629681337.png

• unlimited traffic
  • two WiFi accounts for use around the country where they have public hot spots
  • two e-mail addresses
  • dynamic DNS

Just now, zMeul said:

5629681337.png

And here I am sitting here with this: 

5629685675.png

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

Neat.

Though problems with blocked ports and non-static or non-public IP addresses can be solved by putting an OpenVPN client on the affected end and connecting to a device on a network that isn't affected.

I'm using that to be able to reach a computer in my family's countryside house that has an LTE connection ( with it connecting to my home server) and to keep my own mail server VM at home with a dirt cheap VPS connecting to that same home server and port forwarding 25, 465 and 587 to that VM.

He's complaining about 10mbit upload being barely enough for FB. Man, I have Telstra Cable internet in Australia and get 100mbit down 2 mbit up! I even manage to run a small youtube channel for that. Just leave the computer on overnight... 

there pricing skeam confuses me, I pay them $25 a month then 40 cents per mb used then $30 a month for per connection I use so I pay them like $80 just to combine the two connections that I also have to pay for from my isp?  so like $200 for 10mb connection?

there example make no scence to me

if I wanted to say connect 6 3g connections it seems like it would cost 180 for the 6 connecitons the 25 then 40 cents per mb I end up useing? so like $600?

Technically, if you're a networking wiz, you don't really need itel to bond 2 ISP connections to allow your offsite backups to happen over 2 separate residential connections to your home -- since you control both endpoints you could setup 2 tunnels and balance packets across any way you like.

You could use your office connection for your internet access from home.

If you're willing to rent a machine somewhere in the cloud, you could do this yourself even without involving the office. There's a plethora of ways this can be achieved technically.

What itel and similar companies bring to the table is ease of use.

I'm surprised Linus doesn't have a faster Cable ISP over at his house, or access to a WISP that he could connect to using a pair of 24GHz AirFibers.

So for a college student who has 2 active ports in his room, could I get one of those bonders and use that to double my total speed?

1 hour ago, zMeul said:

8$/month:

5629681337.png

• unlimited traffic
  • two WiFi accounts for use around the country where they have public hot spots
  • two e-mail addresses
  • dynamic DNS

Oh well...add 2$ more

5627783371.png

2 hours ago, nicklmg said:

how did he set the private ip address?

1 hour ago, chirsdem said:

Their pricing scheme confuses me, I pay them $25 a month then 40 cents per mb used then $30 a month for per connection I use so I pay them like $80 just to combine the two connections that I also have to pay for from my isp?  so like $200 for 10mb connection?

Their example make no sense to me

If I wanted to say connect 6 3g connections it seems like it would cost 180 for the 6 connections the 25 then 40 cents per mb I end up using? so like $600?

You're not paying for data used, you're paying for bandwidth. If you had read the site, you'd see the following;

$25 USD ($30 CAD) /month per connection
$0.40 USD ($0.50 CAD) /month per mb of total combined connection speed “

example:
2 ADSL 25/5mbps are bonded to make a 50/10mbps. Total cost per month for bonding would be $85.  2 Connection licences at $30 plus the $25 for throughput.  (25/5+25/5=50mb=$25 CAD)

2x 50/5mbps connections to make 100/10mbps would be $30 CAD (Connection 1) + $30 CAD (Connection 2) + $50 CAD (Bonding. 100 * $0.5), total of $110 CAD.

Additionally, fixed the most egregious of your spelling errors (italics), that should have been caught by your browser's spell checker. -.-;

Ahhh come on now guys, the video titles have gotten out of hand. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

At the risk of sounding stupid, I have many of the issues that Linus is talking about with my internet connection.  I had first thought that it was a matter of my wifi card, but now that I saw this, it appears to be a more common issue than I realized.  I will look into Bonded Internet today.  Thanks LMG.

1 hour ago, CristiOpri said:

Oh well...add 2$ more

5627783371.png

prepare a room for me . im comming :)

my internet cost me 47 CAD
for this !

KOqj5QL.png

(in KiloBytes not KiloBites)
i think its like 8 Mb/s down and 1 Mb/s up

1 hour ago, FrontsLeader said:

But linus this like connectify dispatch
i think they renamed it speedify

i think this is the link : http://www.connectify.me/development/dispatch/

tryed it a long time ago . worked OK for me

i know its not the same thing as your blackbox . but its a cheaper (i think)

Or you could just use powershell and DiY nic teaming.

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

3 hours ago, Technous285 said:

You're not paying for data used, you're paying for bandwidth. If you had read the site, you'd see the following;

2x 50/5mbps connections to make 100/10mbps would be $30 CAD (Connection 1) + $30 CAD (Connection 2) + $50 CAD (Bonding. 100 * $0.5), total of $110 CAD.

Additionally, fixed the most egregious of your spelling errors (italics), that should have been caught by your browser's spell checker. -.-;

you are sad and useless sir

1 hour ago, rcarlos243 said:

Or you could just use powershell and DiY nic teaming.

Then you would still have two IPs. Also the option for nic teaming was removed in the November Update.

From what i see in the video linus has 2 of the same ISPs which he connects to a special router which creates a tunnel over both links to a datacenter where it is assembled there.

Links of different speeds shouldnt increase latency even more as long as the packets can be divided equally based on the percentage of bandwidth of one from the other. This means that if one link is 5Mb/s and the other is 50Mb/s than 10 parts of the packet will go through the faster one while one part will go through the slower one. I think linus should've inquired about it from his "black box" provider regarding unequal links.

The latency increase is unavoidable as all the traffic has to go through the internet to the datacenter before it goes to the internet. If the ISP were the one offering bonded links than there wouldnt be any latency increase and it would give more options for bonding or load balancing.

You dont need that special box specifically, if you are skilled you can do this on a linux box or configurable router.