Laptop heatsink mod (overheating)

Hey, 

My laptop is overheating and turning off when I play games and during furmark stress test. Changing the thermal paste sometimes fixes the problem temporary for a few days. 

I am thinking about modding the heatsink of the laptop and I could really use some help. The laptop is a dell xps 15z (i7-2620m,gt525m) ( http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Dell-XPS-15z-Notebook.54790.0.html). Would adding copper shims and a small heatsink to the pipes help ?  

Also there were some rubber on some of the chips, I added thermal paste on them for now. Should I leave it without the rubber?  Is it possible to buy replacement for the rubber? 

20160913_221326.jpg

20160913_221450.jpg

20160913_221523.jpg

20160913_221531.jpg

Adding more heatsinks would help, but try undervolting the cpu/gpu if you can it will help reduce power and keep the laptop cooler and use less power.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

Also there were some rubber on some of the chips, I added thermal paste on them for now. Should I leave it without the rubber?  Is it possible to buy replacement for the rubber? 

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Not really. The heapipes have fluid in them that carry heat, so its much more than a slab of copper.

I thought that the hear sink would absorb some of the heat from the copper pipes