Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tobin4

Laptop for under $1k

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi, I'm looking for a laptop for school. I want it to be a portable and thin laptop, but need it to be under $1000. I would like to be able to do some very light gaming on it, but that's not a big deal if I can't. The only thing that I must have is a nice display. Does anyone have any recommendations. I have been looking at the dell xps 13.

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

- Gandalf the Grey

XPS 13.

*If you can find an XPS 13 with Intel HD Iris 540 under $1000 go for it, it's a nice large increase in GPU performance. Sometimes Amazon Warehouse will do 15% off on them. 

11 hours ago, tobin4 said:

Hi, I'm looking for a laptop for school. I want it to be a portable and thin laptop, but need it to be under $1000. I would like to be able to do some very light gaming on it, but that's not a big deal if I can't. The only thing that I must have is a nice display. Does anyone have any recommendations. I have been looking at the dell xps 13.

XPS 13 or UX301

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6