How does the $120 i3 compare to the Snapdragon 820 (s7 edge)

How does the $120 i3 compare to the Snapdragon 820 (s7 edge). What i'm trying to understand is how a 10 years old computer that was Medocer at the time can run rollercoaster tycoon with no problems, but a s7 edge as trouble with it despite being twice the price of the old computer 10 years ago. Is the processerror in the s7 edge many multiples slower than i3.

I don't think you compare mobile phone cpu with desktop cpu.

Which i3 exactly

Phone cpus are going to be slower then any cpu for a desktop because they are meant for low power use.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

In geekbench the i3 6100 gets about 8000-10000 in the multi core score.
while the snapdragon 820 gets about 5000 ish

Just now, david cassar said:

In geekbench the i3 6100 gets about 8000-10000 in the multi core score.
while the snapdragon 820 gets about 5000 ish

Dont use Geekbench for comparisons, its a shitty program.

Just now, Matu20 said:

Dont use Geekbench for comparisons, its a shitty program.

It's the only benchmark which is able to compare both these cpus as far as I know. Other than that there isn't really a comparison I think.

Just now, david cassar said:

It's the only benchmark which is able to compare both these cpus as far as I know. Other than that there isn't really a comparison I think.

Thats for a reason. They shouldnt be compared directly.

2 minutes ago, Matu20 said:

Thats for a reason. They shouldnt be compared directly.

Agreed, mobile CPU and Desktop CPU architecture is vastly different and shouldn't be compared. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Its been a while since ive looked this up so anybody feel free to correct me.

It also has a lot to do with what kind of cores it has. ARM vs desktop architecture has a huge gap in ipc. There are a lot of benefits to using ARM cores. Generally though to power mobile devices you dont need the kind of power (both performance and actual watts) that come in a desktop package. Also think about the fact that your phone can be used while charging using a 2 amp power supply. Thats all of 10 watts for the entire system and the phone still charges while under load. A desktop i3 alone can use 50+ watts and that doesnt include the screen, speakers, or anything else at all. 

Honestly its amazing what we can do with just 10 watts now.

You might be able to use  peacekeeper.futuremark.com

it's a browser benchmark. However results may vary if you use different browsers because I think it is intended to be used to compare browser speeds, but I ran it on my phone and my desktop and the scores seemed to be an accurate representation of overall performance on the device but this will also include the performance of the phones GPU.

I got a Pentium M Dual Core laptop about 2 years ago for reading and word processing and stuff but it got slow even for YouTube. Now I just use a cheap Chinese android tablet for the same tasks together with a BT keyboard. It's amazing how for tech has advanced for us.

According to this article http://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/11/12/ipad-pro-geekbench/ Apples A9x used on the Ipad pro is more powerful than a laptop I5 from 2013, and Apples new A10 Fusion CPU for the IPhone 7 beats the A9x in geekbench.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB