Dr. Zaber Sentry Review Discussion Thread

LinusTech

Can it play Nintendo games?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Looks like a little power house in a small cool case I wish it had cool led strip son the side to make it more cool for the user and the buyer

Im a Aussie gamer on half decent hardware......
desktop

i7 7700k 4.8ghz Msi ProCarbon Z270 gtx 1080 250gb samsung 850 evo 16gb ddr4 3000mhz ram 2tb wd black 1tb wd green

laptop:
Msi gs40
i7 6700hq 16gb ddr4 gtx 970m 128gb ssd 1tb ssd

Long story short, some time in the future, my 4790K, and whichever graphics card I decide to pair with it (probably my first GTX 970 still) will probably end up inside one if/when it does enter mass production-especially considering how well my 4790K undervolts.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

3 minutes ago, Mi26 said:

Hopefully the 2nd generation will focus on cooling over size 

It wouldn't be console sized then...so yeah. And remember-Linus did go for the worst case scenario.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I hope it's not too expensive, and or, that it's successful enough to go on mass production, we need more cases like this one on the market, I wonder how well it would work with an AMD APU, since I would prefer to use the GPU slot for a disc drive, with Intel graphics or an AMD APU it should still be more powerful than any console out right now anyway. 

Does someone have any idea of how it compares to the original Steam Machine? I would love to see a showdown, tho I know that's hard because the valve steam machines were extremely limited, but if someone has one it would be great, I think Valve completely missed the opportunity by not selling those machines on their store themselves. 

It will be expensive compared to mass produced units you get in every store but should be a bit cheaper than A4-SFX and M1 were initially. If first run goes well then we can think of investing in moulds for mass production of metal pieces as well as better deals for required components.

As for the AMD APU - Hopefully if ZEN APU gets to be something like i7 cpu + reasonable gpu with on-package HBM memory for the gpu then it could be interesting to see a build with such APU overclocked with 240mm WC in the VGA bay.

Btw looks like our website is getting DDOSed now...

That's weird. I don't think I've encountered hex screws on more than 2 occasions here in the Czech Republic. We use Phillips here in Europe, just as everyone else.

Main rig: Q6600 OCd, GTX660Ti, 4GB DDR2 Corsair Dominator RAM, 1TB WD BLUE, CX500, Bitfenix Prodigy M

Laptop: Lenovo Z50-75, AMD APU :(

1 hour ago, Dabombinable said:

It wouldn't be console sized then...so yeah. And remember-Linus did go for the worst case scenario.

Increase the length by a few mm and a 80mm fan could fit in there 

1 hour ago, Platfus said:

That's weird. I don't think I've encountered hex screws on more than 2 occasions here in the Czech Republic. We use Phillips here in Europe, just as everyone else.

Yeah I mostly associate them with Ikea furniture. You see quite a lot used on racing cars, at least in the UK. Maybe you can apply more torque through a hex head than a phillips?

If they could fit a fan in there somehow I'd be interested in using this for my next build. The temps in it's current form concern me for now though.

Think I'd rather stick to the Elite 110

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

This is a nice looking case, I wonder if I should stick with the Node 202 for my new ITX build or wait for this to be released.  

I'm going to assume that CPU cooler is the Noctua NH-L9i. If so, it's no surprise your CPU temperatures skyrocketed quickly. That cooler is recommended for a 65W CPU, 95W at most if you have decent airflow. So pairing a 145W CPU with that cooler... even if you had it in a chassis with the best possible airflow, or on a test bench with a couple 120mm fans blowing full speed at it directly, I doubt your CPU temperatures would be good enough to avoid throttling.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

It would make a great media center case. Throw a 6100 with a rx 460. Hook it too a nice 50in tv to watch some movies and do some casual gaming. 

15 hours ago, SaperPL said:

As for the AMD APU - Hopefully if ZEN APU gets to be something like i7 cpu + reasonable gpu with on-package HBM memory for the gpu then it could be interesting to see a build with such APU overclocked with 240mm WC in the VGA bay.

Btw looks like our website is getting DDOSed now...

Yeah I can't wait to see what the hell AMD is planning to do with their APUs, hopefully they come up with something good, after all that's what the consoles are using. 

And yes, I noticed last night when I tried to access it. 

1 hour ago, Watisdatdennhier said:

They stated it was going to cost between $99 and $149 one year ago.
Recent estimates are closer to $200 though.

200$ is a bit rought for a case...if I had the money I'll do it, as it stands I guess I'll have to wait until the prices go down a bit. 

200 dollars is way too much for me. I think 130 dollars is the absolute max I would spend on a case like this. I can see why they have to price it like that though. Capitalism sucks. I bet my RX 460 would've had a nice time in there.

Too expensive for a case like that. I was expecting around $60-$70, since the feature set is so minimal, and the thermal is not even that good.

I hardly can spend so much money on case right now, I prefer replacing case now and then to replace the looks.

2 hours ago, Okjoek said:

200 dollars is way too much for me. I think 130 dollars is the absolute max I would spend on a case like this. I can see why they have to price it like that though. Capitalism sucks. I bet my RX 460 would've had a nice time in there.

How in sweet tarnation did you come to the conclusion that such a high price is a result of capatilism? Infact capatilism is the focal factor of such a company's eventual reduction of the product's price or its inevitable bankruptcy due to a cheaper competition. If such a product becomes popular it will inevitably create a market for similar products and with the creation of such a market, competition will ensue.To facilitate that competition innovation is a requirement. Thus as a result of innovation and compeition the eventual market price of such a product is driven down and you receive a relatively cheap product. All which is impossible without one form of capatilism or another.

If that didn't explain it well enough, here it is again in a colour that you might be a bit more accustomed to:

How in sweet tarnation did you come to the conclusion that such a high price is a result of capatilism? Infact capatilism is the focal factor of such a company's eventual reduction of the product's price or its inevitable bankruptcy due to a cheaper competition. If such a product becomes popular it will inevitably create a market for similar products and with the creation of a market competition ensue and to facilitate that competition innovation is a requirement. Thus as a result of innovation and compeition the eventual market price of such a product is driven down and you receive a relatively cheap product. All which is impossible without one form of capatilism or another.

10 hours ago, Okjoek said:

Capitalism sucks.

Says the person who has the system listed in his/her signature. Capitalism is why you have that, and why innovation has driven computer hardware to where it is now and where it is going. It's why many are concerned that AMD isn't doing as well as they likely could be doing, because they want the competition to remain. There is no innovation without competition to put constant pressure on the other players in a market.

Capitalism didn't dictate the price they set. Their costs dictate that as their costs determine their break-even point. If you're not willing to pay the price they set, then that's your prerogative.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

It is a pretty cool case. I've been shopping around for mITX cases for a few months now and this caught my eye, but the lack of options for cooling bothers me some. I understand the review was done in a worst case scenario, but in the best case, it's still not going to be optimal with so little airflow. Definitely a niche product.