Double sided tape for SSD?

Freeeeezy
Go to solution Solved by AlexMc,

If you have an appropriate place to stick it then double sided tape or Velcro should work.  I'd probably go with Velcro as it would be easier to remove and replace the drive if necessary.  Also SSDs weight very little, so a couple of strips should hold it in place easily.

I'm building a basic PC for my grandmother and I'm getting a single 240GB SSD for her build (Unless you think that's not enough?... lol)

But the case I'm getting her does not have a 2.5" drive mount so I'm wondering if using double sided tape or even velcro tape will work fine? I don't feel like getting an adapter cuz money, and more work, and also I don't want to get a different case cuz all the cheap mATX cases I see with a 2.5" mount look too gamer-esque for a grandma build in my opinion lol.

My Baby Girl ❤️CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X | Mobo: ASRock B450 Pro4 ATX | RAM: 2 x 8 GB DDR4 3200 MHz GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC | Case: Fractal Design Core 3500 | HDD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Adata SP900 512GB PSU: EVGA 650G 80+ Gold Full Modular | OS: Windows 10

You can try this case:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352032

It supposedly supports 2.5" drives and I can try verifying it as I own the case(my server was in it previously).

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

If you have an appropriate place to stick it then double sided tape or Velcro should work.  I'd probably go with Velcro as it would be easier to remove and replace the drive if necessary.  Also SSDs weight very little, so a couple of strips should hold it in place easily.

Seeing as how an SSD doesn't move at all, double sided tape (and putting anywhere) wouldn't be a bad option.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

I took a picture of the case where the drives get mounted. I can see three locations(like Newegg advertises) where 2.5" drives could be mounted:

Spoiler

DSC02208.JPG

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

I took a picture of the case where the drives get mounted. I can see three locations(like Newegg advertises) where 2.5" drives could be mounted:

Reveal hidden contents

DSC02208.JPG

Thank you but I wasn't really looking for a new case. The case I'm getting (Rosewill FBM-01) is really all I'll need for this simple grandma build lol. Just was wondering if velcro tape would be adequate for mounting an SSD.

My Baby Girl ❤️CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X | Mobo: ASRock B450 Pro4 ATX | RAM: 2 x 8 GB DDR4 3200 MHz GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC | Case: Fractal Design Core 3500 | HDD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Adata SP900 512GB PSU: EVGA 650G 80+ Gold Full Modular | OS: Windows 10

1 minute ago, Freeeeese said:

Thank you but I wasn't really looking for a new case. The case I'm getting (Rosewill FBM-01) is really all I'll need for this simple grandma build lol. Just was wondering if velcro tape would be adequate for mounting an SSD.

I understand that, but your reasoning was that the cheap cases were too "gamer" oriented, and I was showing a case that supports what you want without having that attribute. The post wasn't exactly clear if you had the case already or not.