Aftermarket vs Stock Cooler. No development!

Go to solution Solved by Guest,
11 hours ago, Heavygun1450 said:

Seems fine then. Remember, Pea sized drop in the middle of the CPU, and put the cooler down on top of it, without spreading it out or applying much pressure and just put the Heatsink right on the top of it.

Exactly! That's the way I did but man, 212x was hard to install! Fearing too!! The ambient room temp is 30'c. Just ended playing Syndicate for 1.5 hours. Went up to 60'c.10 am. Will install another exhaust fan on the cooler. Not so costly one. Antec F19. Can reduce 2'c for least, right?

People and friend @WoodenMarkerI INSTALLED 212X with stock fan. 

Ambient Room Temp- 32'c and running for 20 minutes.

Loads are - Windows is Updating

Torrent Updating

VLC running

THIS IS THE HWMonitor reading- (Till now 54'c Highest, Lowest- 40'c which lasted hardly for 2 mins.) ---- YOUR VERDICT?

Reading 1.JPG

6 hours ago, Anirban said:

People and friend @WoodenMarkerI INSTALLED 212X with stock fan. 

Ambient Room Temp- 32'c and running for 20 minutes.

Loads are - Windows is Updating

Torrent Updating

VLC running

Well, that's not much of a load. I tend to use OCCT for stress testing. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

8 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Well, that's not much of a load. I tend to use OCCT for stress testing. 

This is the latest reading while on idle. Ambient is 28'c, approx.

Reading 3.JPG

10 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

not much of a load

Yes I know that. Just let you know about the functions that the system was running on that time. It's still high for these works right?

1 minute ago, Anirban said:

Yes I know that. Just let you know about the functions that the system was running on that time. It's still high for these works right?

Considering the room temp is 32c, that's not that high. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

Considering the room temp is 32c, that's not that high. 

Should I use AMD overdrive to monitor? OTOH, why CORE TEMP and HW Monitor show different results?

5 minutes ago, Anirban said:

Should I use AMD overdrive to monitor? OTOH, why CORE TEMP and HW Monitor show different results?

What are the results?

Socket and core temps tend to be ~10c apart. 

30 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

What are the results?

No, I still didn't use AMD overdrive? Where to get the higher safe temp in that software?

1 hour ago, Anirban said:

No, I still didn't use AMD overdrive? Where to get the higher safe temp in that software?

I was asking about the results for CoreTemp and HW Monitor since you're saying they show different results.

AMD Overdrive tells you how much thermal margin is left.

11 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

I was asking about the results for CoreTemp and HW Monitor since you're saying they show different results.

HW is 47. CoreTemp shows it around 41'c. What's Tj. Max in CoreTemp?

2 minutes ago, Anirban said:

HW is 47. CoreTemp shows it around 41'c. What's Tj. Max in CoreTemp?

TJ max is the amount of headroom the cpu has until it throttles due to temps--similar to thermal margin.

The temperature difference between HW Monitor and CoreTemp is normal. It seems one is reading the socket temp whereas the other is reading the core temp.

16 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

One more thing. A cheap higher RPM fan or a costly RPM fan? 2nd fan for the cooler I'm thinking about.

Cheaper--  http://www.amazon.in/Circle-Stay-CG-12-120mm-Cabinet/dp/B00N4WBHVM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473971178&sr=8-1&keywords=120mm+fan

Antec--   http://www.amazon.in/dp/B00LVV445O/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1473971178&sr=1&keywords=120mm+fan

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

TJ max is the amount of headroom the cpu has until it throttles

Now, my Mod friend, this is a turn of events. You are saying that My 8320 CPU could handle up to 90'c of temperature!?!?

5 minutes ago, Anirban said:

RPM is arbitrary. Performance and acoustics is what you should be paying attention to.

The first one seems like a generic fan used by the Sickleflow which isn't a good fan and the F19 looks like the same design that's used in their 2-speed fan which is alright.

A second fan won't do much for the heatsink. 

3 minutes ago, Anirban said:

Now, my Mod friend, this is a turn of events. You are saying that My 8320 CPU could handle up to 90'c of temperature!?!?

No. You should keep core temps below 62c and the socket temp below ~70c.

8 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

RPM is arbitrary. Performance and acoustics is what you should be paying attention to.

The first one seems like a generic fan used by the Sickleflow which isn't a good fan and the F19 looks like the same design that's used in their 2-speed fan which is alright.

I tried my best knowledge as a physicist. Henceforth, I am utterly unable to do more. Ambient is 33'c. Core temp hit 66'c. Gave a shot to A.C Syndicate. The previous AMD stock cooler was not a bit less powerful than my current 212x. Talking based on entirely my aspect. I might be wrongly applied the compound for one time but later on, I did it correct.

End of moves. The forum helped me, means you, the most. I'm exhausted.

On 16/09/2016 at 2:01 AM, WoodenMarker said:

Finally, it's going fine. Idle came down to 35'c. Ambient room is 26'c or 27'c

Load went up to 59'c-60'c during Assassins Creed Syndicate.

Reading 4 idle.JPG

1 hour ago, Anirban said:

Finally, it's going fine. Idle came down to 35'c. Ambient room is 26'c or 27'c

Load went up to 59'c-60'c during Assassins Creed Syndicate.

Reading 4 idle.JPG

Seems fine then. Remember, Pea sized drop in the middle of the CPU, and put the cooler down on top of it, without spreading it out or applying much pressure and just put the Heatsink right on the top of it.

[CPU: 4.3 GHZ I5-4670K] [MB: Gigabyte Z87-D3H] [RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1833 MHZ (8GB)]

[GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1070] [PSU: Corsair CX-750] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 2TB 7200RPM HDD / 500GB Samsung 850 EVO ] [Case: ThermalTake Chaser-MK 1]

[Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX] [Mouse: Razer DeathAdder] [Monitor: 2 x ASUS 24 INCH IPS (1440p Soon)]

11 hours ago, Heavygun1450 said:

Exactly! That's the way I did but man, 212x was hard to install! Fearing too!! The ambient room temp is 30'c. Just ended playing Syndicate for 1.5 hours. Went up to 60'c.10 am. Will install another exhaust fan on the cooler. Not so costly one. Antec F19. Can reduce 2'c for least, right?