Recommend 140mm fans

MrKat

Hey, I just need someone to give me the name of some good quiet high static fans for a 280mm rad (Cooler Master Nepton 280L) Preferably square design fans. Not looking for anything flashy like fans with LED's. Cheers guys!

I am thinking of getting the sp140 corsair fans for my coolermaster nepton 280L as the default fans are said to be loud so I though to changing them to the high static pressure, lower noise fans from corsair. Good/bad move? I have looked at noctua fans but they always come in packs of 1 which means higher price for 2.

I have personally had a bad experience with those fans. They have a sort of whining noise at low rpm. Definitely not the quietest.

2 minutes ago, carsonwen said:

I have personally had a bad experience with those fans. They have a sort of whining noise at low rpm. Definitely not the quietest.

so which high static fans you recommend?

I dont have experience with the 140mm version of Noctua, but their 120mm are very good. I can also highly recommend the MasterFan Pro 140s. And if your budget will allow, the Corsair ML140s.

7 minutes ago, MrKat said:

-SNIP-

The SP140mm are decent but probably won't improve over the originals by very much, some other fans that are good would be the Fractal Design Venturi's or even the Pro series of the Corsair fans. 

If you're going to get the 280L anyway, just see how the stock fans do before preemptively buying replacements. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I agree with WM, that being said these are my favorite 140mm fans so far.  I've used Vardar and Venturi also but these have been better with my high FPI radiator (not sure on Nepton's fpi)

The Nopton comes with Jetflo's according to their page so if you can just control them you should be able to get pretty good airflow

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

Corsair: 

AF(air flow) for non radiator fans

SP (static pressure) for radiator fans. 

Been using them for years and years and they are quiet almost never break and do the job very well.  The ones you buy depend on how much you want to spend.

EK makes some good fans. There Vardar fans are surprisingly quiet. And that box design you want.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B016NHRIU8/

912hMSA0TyL._SL1500_.jpg

Phanteks PH-F140MP are going to be the best low-noise, high-static pressure fans I've worked with. Better than Corsair, Noctua (haven't tried 0ld_Chicken's recommendation, though) Fractal.... If you want low noise, and have a high fin density, put these Phanteks in a pull config and you're super set. As long as you're running at 85% or less, they're silent. Full throttle you can hear, but only barely. 

On 09/09/2016 at 8:16 PM, W-L said:

The SP140mm are decent but probably won't improve over the originals by very much, some other fans that are good would be the Fractal Design Venturi's or even the Pro series of the Corsair fans. 

?? i though corsair only did 120mm SP's.

best fan is to go with the corsair ML 140 there best of both airflow and static pressure :3

also:

/)

9 minutes ago, TiberiusMoon said:

?? i though corsair only did 120mm SP's.

best fan is to go with the corsair ML 140 there best of both airflow and static pressure :3

also:

/)

The SP140mm ones would be the LED versions for the regular ones unless you go for the ML or ML pro's which are good but a bit pricey. 

Just now, W-L said:

The SP140mm ones would be the LED versions for the regular ones unless you go for the ML or ML pro's which are good but a bit pricey. 

tru but dat 5 year warrenty doh >u>