Need 1440p 60hz IPS monitor.

PillowFortEngineer

I was gonna go with a cheap acer monitor : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009728&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=. But after reading numerous reviews i found that it sucks with displayport. Can anyone recommend a better monitor that is 1440p 60hz IPS with decent displayport support. budget: $350. also do I even need displayport for running games at 1440p 60fps?

bump because im interested in this to lol.

i7 6700k - Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 - assorted other stuff

Dell is always a solid pick. Dell ultrasharp U2515. Had is myself and was really nice! Also you don't need to use displayport for 1440p @60fps

I don't have a specific monitor recommendation, but no you don't NEED display port for that.  You can use HDMI or possibly DVI I think.  

You could check out Monoprice - their displays are surprisingly decent for the price and have a good selection.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

1 minute ago, CostcoSamples said:

I don't have a specific monitor recommendation, but no you don't NEED display port for that.  You can use HDMI or possibly DVI I think.  

You could check out Monoprice - their displays are surprisingly decent for the price and have a good selection.

Why does everyone complain about the display port not working on monitors its not supposed to work? I've never been able to understand the what resolution hdmi specifically supprots at what hz, im still gonna get a better one cuz of the bad reviews. thanks for the response.

5 minutes ago, Enivitation said:

Dell is always a solid pick. Dell ultrasharp U2515. Had is myself and was really nice! Also you don't need to use displayport for 1440p @60fps

Dope ima check it out now.

Get them from South Korea, u can buy them on ebay, they have samsung panels and some are overclock able to 144 fps, mine is running at 120 right now. Cost me only 300$ with international express shipping, that was 3 years ago. Now they cost around 200 for 400 u can get UHD 60fps.

EDIT: WOW!!! the 4k's are down to 300$ only. Damn I am thinking of getting one myself now.

Yes there is a compromise, you might, very low probability, get a few dead pixels, I and many other users got perfect monitors, in the overclock forum there is a thread about these monitors.

Don;t fall for the prechecked or pre tested models, just get the cheapest with a reputable seller who provides free returns.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR4.TRC2.A0.H0.X2560+1440.TRS0&_nkw=2560+1440&_sacat=0

A cheap 4k one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-28-4K-UHD-UpStar-M280A1-High-Gloss-LED-Lit-Widescreen-Monitor-5ms-Response-/232073170222?hash=item3608a38d2e:g:XJYAAOSwFe5XzsBa

Edited by Aditya3D
Updated and added links

4 minutes ago, PillowFortEngineer said:

Why does everyone complain about the display port not working on monitors its not supposed to work? I've never been able to understand the what resolution hdmi specifically supprots at what hz, im still gonna get a better one cuz of the bad reviews. thanks for the response.

There are two versions of HDMI, the latest one does supports 2k,

9 minutes ago, Aditya3D said:

Get them from South Korea, u can buy them on ebay, they have samsung panels and some are overclock able to 144 fps, mine is running at 120 right now. Cost me only 300$ with international express shipping, that was 3 years ago. Now they cost around 200 for 400 u can get UHD 60fps.

Yes there is a compromise, you might, very low probability, get a few dead pixels, I and many other users got perfect monitors, in the overclock forum there is a thread about these monitors.

Don;t fall for the prechecked or pre tested models, just get the cheapest with a reputable seller who provides free returns.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR4.TRC2.A0.H0.X2560+1440.TRS0&_nkw=2560+1440&_sacat=0

Not saying this is a scam or anything, but can anyone else confirm this? cuz this is gold if its.

12 minutes ago, Aditya3D said:

Which one did you got?

Just now, PillowFortEngineer said:

Not saying this is a scam or anything, but can anyone else confirm this? cuz this is gold if its.

Triggered!!!

Lol jk

Here is a thread and group from overclock, with reviews, overclocking, recommended sellers and even taxes if any, can't believe ppl don't know about these sweet displays, I am a 3D artist so trust me when I say this the screen is fking amazing. Also a small advice get the matte version, its super slim coating.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/official-the-qnix-x-star-1440p-monitor-club

4 minutes ago, PillowFortEngineer said:

Which one did you got?

The matte one, 2k 27 inch and the company names don't matter they are all from same manufacturer, but just fyi I got xStar.

Edited by Aditya3D
Sorry, 27* inch not 28

25 minutes ago, CostcoSamples said:

Will this one be good? At that price i could get two... https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-VX24AH-2560x1440-Screen-Monitor/dp/B01D4TCCZ4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473434764&sr=8-1&keywords=Asus+VX24AH

1 minute ago, PillowFortEngineer said:

Well the price is good and also the specifications, but its 24", which is fins if u don't mind.
I once got screwed when I bought their mobo so I will never go with asus but experiences differ so yeah that looks good.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/the-korean-pls-monitor-club-qnix-x-star/1160#post_19959799

This is my review thread its a bit too detailed and has some unnecessary info lol

On 09/09/2016 at 5:28 PM, PillowFortEngineer said:

I don't know where you are from, but it can be to good to be true. In the Netherlands you would need to pay a great amount of extra tax to import it. :(