Avalanche Casemod - Restarted - Frosted, 40 kilo, Ti Sli

NemoTheClown

Pn0wimD.jpg

Hello and welcome to the restartet project!

- Intro

After a lot of wait, it is finally back on tracks! I promise to update frequently unlike last time. If you want to find out why I stopped, then read the spoiler underneath. But here goes it again!
I'll be building a watercooled HAF Stacker, and painting it white, alongside my little NAS server as awesome sidekick. My previous case was the Corsair 700D, which was gorgeous, but i wanted something bigger with a lot of space 9_9 The choice was between the 900D or HAF stackers, and since there is a lot of 900D mods out there, then I just wanted to try something else.
This casemod is called Avalanche. Simply because it is white, big and is gonna be terrifying heavy! I live on 1. floor and almost can't lift it down the stairs alone, even without anything inside it.
I plan to live up to the name, which I'll be doing with the watercooling, that'll be themed white and black. Fittings, res etc will be themed white, while the fluid will be black as the best contrast. I will be running hardline tubing and soft tubing in the bottom for draining and easy acces. Cables will be sleeved with white paracord which looks insanely awesome with a twist of black sleeving spinning around it. As of lightning goes, then I took it to the next level and ordered a RGBW Pure White LED strips. With that I'll be using a DX8 Touch controller, which I'll be mounting in a place which is easy to reach. We also know that a Avalanche ain't no quite thing. So i'll be taking a WAM5500 as a "built in" soundsystem. Uhh, bluetooth ;)

For the frosted look, I'll be sanding the waterblocks and tubing. If you got wany neat tricks for sanding the tubing, please share! :D 

PS. If you want to know reason i restartet this log from scratch, and save you self 6 months wait. Then you can read it here

I needed some custom made blocks for the CPU and GPUs, because the monsoon fittings are quiet big, just below 27mm in diameter. I was recommened liquid extasy in germany. Since diamond cooling got a queue at that time. So I ordered in february and he recieved the money 9th of february. In march he writes that he has been sick, and that the production will start on the end of april. He then claimed in the end of april that "

The material will be delivered in  aprox. 5-10 days. The production from the Cooler will last for this production, aprox. 4-6 weeks. The niquel process lasts  aprox. 3-4 days." that sums up to 8 weeks at max. I then ask that the status was on Juni the 19th, and he claims that the coolers will be finished in a week. On august the 2nd I contact him again, quiet irritated that he promised me it would be finished within 3 months, but its taken almost 6 months. Then he says it would be finished in 2 days. 17 days later on august 19th, I contact him again and he says on august 24th he would send it in a few days. Finally on august 31 he ships the coolers. I then recieve them on september 5th, but then an item is missing from my order. Fortunately just a bottle for filling the loop. He then sends me the money luckily enough. And now here I am, with 1080 out and feels quiet butthurt.
I wouldn't say you shouldn't buy at liquid extasy, but I just hopes it won't take you 6 months ;) 

- Specifications

I haven't been saving on anything. That is, of the time of buying ;) 

- Hardware

• HAF Stacker 935
  • HAF Stacker 915R
  • MOBO: ASUS X99 Deluxe
  • CPU: i7-5960x
  • GPU: 2x GTX 980 Ti
  • RAM: 64GB DDR4 2800Mhz
  • PSU: Corsair AX 1500w
  • 11x SHADOW WINGS 120mm
  • 1x SHADOW WINGS 140mm
  • 3x SHADOW WINGS 92mm
  • Samsung R5000 / WAM5500

For the NAS:

• HAF Stacker 915R
  • MOBO: ASUS Z87I-PRO
  • CPU: i5-4690S
  • PSU: Be quiet! System Power 7 600W
  • Cooler Master Vortex Plus
  • Be quiet! SHADOW WINGS 92mm
  • 4xWD Red 3TB HDD
  • RAM: Corsair 8GB DDR3 1333MHz
  • Kingston DataTraveler Micro 32GB (For OS)

- Watercooling

• Mayhems Pastel Pure Black
  • 2xMonsoon clear PETG tubing 16/12mm 4pck
  • 2x980 Ti clear acrylic water block
  • Intel clear acrylic water block
  • 16xMonsoon chain gun hardline fittings 16mm
  • 8x Alphacool D-RAM module
  • 2xAlphacool D-RAM Cooler X6
  • 2x XSPC D5 PWM 800-4700rpm
  • Masterkleer tubing PVC 16/10mm
  • 4xBlack compression fittings 16/10mm
  • Koolance Quick Release Connector 16/10mm
  • Koolance Quick Release Connector 16/10mm
  • XSPC RX240 V3 White
  • 2xXSPC RX 360 V3 White
  • PrimoChill CTR Phase II End Cap White
  • PrimoChill CTR Phase II Aluminium Ring White
  • PrimoChill CTR Phase II 360mm Tube Frosted
  • PrimoChill CTR Phase II D5 Pump Head White

- Progress pictures

xnRWbUx.jpg?1

lSKm6ZV.jpg?1

l9NZUR8.jpg

mqKXS0P.jpg?1

MxG2Ivy.jpg

sAIfKmA.jpg

982iDQG.jpg

e4xPiYC.jpg

m7A1Xqy.jpg?1

JdVPzpO.jpg?1

bt73GT5.jpg?1

Zn76LIA.jpg

IAsfOsN.jpg

Fqms2Zs.jpg

WCB4MVI.jpg

wZECVwY.jpg

ZXU4wWc.jpg

And a lot more to come!

Just ordered the sli Bridge. It is the EVGA PRO SLI Bridge HB. The sad thing is that it looks so bulky. So the plan is to get a set of backplates and a matching sli bridge.

100-2W-0027-LR_XL_1.jpg

Okay, so today I sanded the last VGA cooler and started on the bottom loop. I had a setback because of the threadings on the CPU cooler were almost ruined. They were tighted too hard from liquid customs, so when I got to reassemble the CPU cooler, the threading were damaged. Thanks to heli coil, I can now get that past me. I just contacted coldzero for making of the backplates and custom sli bridge. This is gonna be good, can you feel it too? ;)

xoV0e04.jpg

8GMkXbx.jpg

U2iNBG4.jpg

EvUMGM4.jpg

KILnruf.jpg

I can't say I'm not jealous man :P really looking forward to see the final product of this build, I find the choice of HAF stackers rather good and the white makes it come out more. Are you going with tempered glass side windows? I admire the part where instead of getting white blade fans, you individually masked and sprayed your BeQuiet! 's :D 

Haha yea. The sad part is that HAF stackers are OEL, but i got most of them at 50% :D I won't be going with tempered glass, but with clear acrylic plates ;) And I was 99.9% sure that you could unmount the fans from the base, but it is sealed on the back. It did cost me one fan to find out. It took me a couple of days to just do the masking .. damm :$ And at the time, there really wasn't any cool white fans out there, but I am still happy with my choice!

Bottom loop done just need two adapters. Next step would be doing some of the final cable management. I need to redo the crimping and sleeving of the PCI-e cables, since the idea I had about it couldn't cause the Hardline tubing will be going that way, so I also need to order some terminals. You will see it as soon I can take some better pictures, but I planned to make them go up through the PSU cover with the hardline tubing, but doing that would ruin the ascetics. Pictures will be up with the next update or sooner, so stay tuned!

Oops! Looks like I will need some adapters for this one! I'll be getting some multi rotatable 90 degree fittings and it should be solved.
ukJzSYv.jpg

4kjDpEp.jpg

And for the pumps I have installed 2 switches to turn them on/off. Theese will most probably be used for filling the loop and then never to be used again, but why not ;)

vHYNyaw.jpg

Pictures of the lightning and case will be up next, so stay tuned!

Got the lights working now, and the controller works like a charm! RGBW is my new fav!

fb6dVgZ.jpg

2Wk7ITz.jpg

F5smnOw.jpg

I am currently waiting on a delivery of some fittings and sleeving materials. Coldzero might have a design ready this next week. I'll be updating as soon I can get going with bottom loop and some sleeving. Meanwhile I try to dig up something about frosting tubings, and you might be able to expect some of it done soon, so stay tuned for a lot more! :D

Materials arrived this week. Cause of studies I've only had time in this weekend. Sleeving is done and I have started to frost the tubing. I'll be cutting the tubing and doing some minor details, such as traning the cables, cable management etc.

I just love these fittings :D

erveTME.jpg

xU48Fc7.jpg

c5mEAqV.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So I haven't had as much time as i wanted because of studies, so I have worked a little on it, bite by bite. But this week I'll have the whole project done! What I need to do is pretty much just the bending and fastening the cables I've managed. Here is some pictures from the progress .. enjoy :D

aiYKvju.jpg

DFHeOfJ.jpg

TGWLAoA.jpg

sb4M0ue.jpg

The bending is now done and boy it was a challenge .. Making the tubing to the top part of the haf stacker ain't 'just' at thing! You'll see later when I posts some pictures :D What I need is to glue the collars and make place for a corsair commander for controlling the fans and pumps, then, hopefully, I'll be ready to fill the loop! Stay tuned!

Well, sorry .. it's been raining all day, and the glue I use for the collars is UV active. Sadly it haven't dried all up, so I will have to wait for tomorrow. Though, I've been looking forward to this :(

Wow. So. Yea.

I worked a little on it monday and tuesday. Thursday night I noticed I'd gotten a bad angle fitting from EKWB. The base to the fittings were broken, cause it leaked the hell out of the bottom. Friday I bought some bitspower fittings instead and got it running for the lan I were prepping for. Thank god.

I haven't been able to take any real picture yet, but here is one. Better ones will be posted later :)

HnKosm7.jpg

Hah, I had a look at this huge thing at NPF this weekend. I really like what you have done with the custom covers, and the sanding of the blocks. Where do you get your stuff cut, and do you make the drawings yourself?

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/10/2016 at 1:31 PM, p0Pe said:

Hah, I had a look at this huge thing at NPF this weekend. I really like what you have done with the custom covers, and the sanding of the blocks. Where do you get your stuff cut, and do you make the drawings yourself?

Haha, yea. I were lucky to get a seat at the end. And thanks! I might redo something of the top part at some point. The bending from the mid, to the top were a pain, and made a little mistake there, but I'll be fixing that when I can afford it. I am currently a student, so the economy and free time is a little behind though. I got most of my stuff cut at my dads work, and the backplates at coldzero, which is pretty much it, all the drawings i did by myself.

I might do some pass through instead of running it through the cover in the future.

On 19/10/2016 at 2:45 PM, andrevautour said:

very pretty

Thank you very much! I don't feel like i am finished though, I keep thinking of more things to do

3 hours ago, NemoTheClown said:

Haha, yea. I were lucky to get a seat at the end. And thanks! I might redo something of the top part at some point. The bending from the mid, to the top were a pain, and made a little mistake there, but I'll be fixing that when I can afford it. I am currently a student, so the economy and free time is a little behind though. I got most of my stuff cut at my dads work, and the backplates at coldzero, which is pretty much it, all the drawings i did by myself.

I might do some pass through instead of running it through the cover in the future.

Thank you very much! I don't feel like i am finished though, I keep thinking of more things to do

been following this mod for a while now, glad to see it finally taking shape and I feel happy for you man I wish I could build something like that cuz I still don't know how I wanna mod my PC