Sager NP9873 Review

Dual 1080 systems are getting ridiculous. First the Asus GX800 has 2x330W, and now this has 2x340W power bricks. Wow.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

The Amazon link is not working, but rather popping up a "no results found" and showing another model with the 1070 installed. I was wondering why it was only $1900. I almost pulled some money out of savings. 

Does anyone know how much this puppy goes for? 

But well how does it play Crys... oh.

Those 2 power bricks weigh more than my old laptop!

2x M2 and 2x 2.5" bays? Why didn't you stripe them and show us some ridiculously fast Doom loading times?

1 minute ago, Pure Defiance said:

The Amazon link is not working, but rather popping up a "no results found" and showing another model with the 1070 installed. I was wondering why it was only $1900. I almost pulled some money out of savings. 

Does anyone know how much this puppy goes for? 

Fourthousanddollars

Remember HighLANder?

I would happily trek up a mountain with a fully decked out version of this machine if it meant I could own it.

You been Pork'd.

2 hours ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Children in Africa could've eaten that laptop

1 hour ago, Cobalt1704 said:

Second?

Good to see this is turning into the youtube comment section /s

I don't mind the thickness or weight, but (and maybe this is unavoidable with something that thick, but) I don't really care for the look of it.  It's super bulky and un-stylish, at least in my opinion.  Not that that would necessarily hold me back if I needed one, but still.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I don't mind the thickness or weight, but (and maybe this is unavoidable with something that thick, but) I don't really care for the look of it.

I like, big, butts and I cannot lie.

(I like bulky high-end laptops like this, just as long as they don't look too much like a brick)

You been Pork'd.

There is a point where a laptop is no longer a laptop. This monstrosity is way beyond that point. What  I get out of it is that manufacturers can actually develop stronger cooling systems, so hopefully we can see laptops with iris pro or some lower end ( 1050 at max) card that do not overheat after just a couple of months of gathering dust.

It has an amazing battery that has a runtime of 43 minutes ! 43 MINUTES!!! I CAN SMELL THE CUTTING EDGE TECHNOLOGY!

Not Laptop since its beefy (like dual graphics), Not Lap Dance but it's HOT..

i wanna be a billionaire sofa king bed...

I have a friend who I think might actually save up to buy this.  He loves large displays and carrying a large city bus for a laptop.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

Umm, did anyone else notice he tore the laptop down while it's in sleep mode? Surprised it didn't wake up.

Wouldnt you get 2 razer blade 14s instead of one of those? I mean the 1080 is pretry stoked but still... or just get 4 iPhone 7 256gb models with them $100 earpods for all of them. NVidia is is starting to get that Apple vive... I hope Apple doesn't go purchase nvidia...

Why would a user buy a 1070 when they can get two 1060s that won't sli is what you are asking?

my reaction to the desktop/laptop PC

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

28 minutes ago, Spartan Jack 17 said:

Still not as crazy as the acer predator 21X.  That thing is even less of a laptop.

But, it's only big on the outside. It's got castrated BGA filth on the inside. CPU and both GPUs are welded to the mobo like a Toys-R-Us gamer's toy. They totally blew it by wimping out on the most important stuff.

AlienKiller.. | P870DM | 6700K @ 4.8GHz | GTX 980 (200W) | 32GB DDR4-3000 | 2x512GB M.2 SSD; 2x1TB SSD | 660W PSU
EL Cazador | P750ZM | 4790K @ 4.8GHz | GTX 980M | 16GB DDR3-2400 | 2x512GB M.2 SSD; 1TB SSD; 2TB HDD | 330W PSU