Ps4 pro !

Anir

Ps4 pro announced, and it's almost twice as powerful as the original, but still doesn't have enough power to drive native 4k, although sony is advertising it as a 4k capable box, and some games will be patched to support 4k HDR and newer games will be released to support 4k and HDR. 

What it does is it use intelligent upscale method to make the game look sharper.Sony claims games look almost 90% of what a native 4k will look . Like mass effect Andromeda was running at 1800p and upscaled. Also it will provide a better VR experience.

Ps4 pro has about 4 teraflops of GPU power, while project Scorpio is expected to have 6 teraflops of GPU power. 

Is ps4 pro worth upgrading, or go for Scorpio ?

Same answer as ever -- which ever one has the exclusives you want to play. 

Controller comfort and system software would be the next things to consider. 

Asking other people what you should get is like asking some one else if bananas taste better than apples. 

No one cares, 4K gaming on a console really, probably gonna run at Low, 30 fps with lag and a ton of problems.

7 minutes ago, Windows 10 said:

No one cares, 4K gaming on a console really, probably gonna run at Low, 30 fps with lag and a ton of problems.

Troll. 

I wouldn't worry about either one until we get price and performance confirmations.

If I had to choose one, probably would go Scorpio only because of exclusives and more friends on that platform. If it does support native 4K, it better have at least better graphics settings or FPS to go along with it, which I doubt will happen at an affordable price.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

I'll skip it aggressively.  Might look at a slim for remastered games, but the lack of UHD blu-ray playback is a deal killer for me.  If I'm gonna run a console on a TV, I'd love to get rid of as much clutter as possible.  Xbox One S does 4k blu-ray playback, and even does games.  

tl;dr: No.  I don't think the PS4P is a worthy upgrade.  Maybe a good entry into the console market?  Then again so is the Xbox One S.

14 hours ago, Monte_Carlo said:

I'll skip it aggressively.  Might look at a slim for remastered games, but the lack of UHD blu-ray playback is a deal killer for me.  If I'm gonna run a console on a TV, I'd love to get rid of as much clutter as possible.  Xbox One S does 4k blu-ray playback, and even does games.  

tl;dr: No.  I don't think the PS4P is a worthy upgrade.  Maybe a good entry into the console market?  Then again so is the Xbox One S.

I think at this point a Playstation is the far more logical thing to have (at least for people who own a gaming pc), since Xbox exclusive will in most cases mean Xbox and PC exclusive.

4k bluray would be nice to have, but it's not a must for Sony to include it, considering how many other things ps has going for it.

The frequent sales on the ps store for example. 

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

When you consider the really big AAA games out at the moment compared to the rest of the library, it seems most games aren't even taking advantage of all the potencial on the current console. I bet 99% of the time it will be the exact same shit on both versions (in terms of graphics). Maybe it's woth considering if you have a huge 4k tv but even then... the lack of a 4k blu-ray disc player... it just kills it.

Also, wtf is going on with the design

7 hours ago, theKumba said:

I think at this point a Playstation is the far more logical thing to have (at least for people who own a gaming pc), since Xbox exclusive will in most cases mean Xbox and PC exclusive.

4k bluray would be nice to have, but it's not a must for Sony to include it, considering how many other things ps has going for it.

The frequent sales on the ps store for example. 

The lack of that 4k bluray is a deal killer for me.  Also I don't need a PS4P to enjoy the frequent sales Sony has.  The only reason I'd get a PS4 right now is for the sweet remasters being released on the system.  A used PS4 or the Slim will more than suffice, and save me about 100 dollars to boot.