New monitor

Jack Dvorak

I'd like a better monitor as I would like 120hz or 144hz. I was looking at used ones, and was wondering, will a freesync 144hz monitor run at 144hz with nvidia cards or get capped at 60? 

Also some recommendations would be nice. I'm in the US and don't care if it is used, as long as it works and has no major wear and tear. My budget is $165. 

1080p or higher only please.

Freesync wont run on Nvidia card. It will be just a regular 144Hz monitor.

Try to find Benq XL2411Z. Its probably the best u can get for your price.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Just now, Thony said:

Freesync wont run on Nvidia card. It will be just a regular 144Hz monitor.

I mean will it be able to run at 144hz or capped at 60hz

1 minute ago, Jack Dvorak said:

I mean will it be able to run at 144hz or capped at 60hz

Already told u..... Read it again. 

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Just now, Thony said:

Already told u..... Read it again. 

you don't need to be rude, please just clarify it will run better than a 60hz monitor in the fps cap category

Just now, Jack Dvorak said:

you don't need to be rude, please just clarify it will run better than a 60hz monitor in the fps cap category

Have even read the second sentence ? How is that not clear ?!

Are u unfamiliar with words "regular" and "144Hz" ????????????

2 minutes ago, Thony said:

Please calm down. Just tell me it will have an fps cap of 144 and run smoother.

2 minutes ago, Thony said:

Don't escalate this. I just asked you a simple question you could have already answered and this would be over with. Instead you're acting immature and I'm acting more mature and I'm only 12. Just chill out.

This makes no sense. A 144hz monitor will always run at 144hz. Doesn't matter what graphics card. Freesync is a function of that only will work with a amd card. So yes. It will run at 144hz with a amd card

Just now, Enivitation said:

This makes no sense. A 144hz monitor will always run at 144hz. Doesn't matter what graphics card. Freesync is a function of that only will work with a and card. So yes. It will run at 144hz with a amd card

whats the difference between g sync and non g sync im not very good with monitors

Just now, Jack Dvorak said:

whats the difference between g sync and non g sync im not very good with monitors

It is 200 dollars. And before posting, please do research yourself. Watch a YouTube video about g-sync and freesync. G- and freesync are interesting if you have money to spare.