Titan XP or Dual 1080s?

Hey people of the internet, currently I'm building a PC and I can't decide on what I should go for my graphics card(s).

I thought about a Titan XP, as I will play a few games every so often that don't support SLI - Is it worth the price?

I thought about two 1080s in SLI, but again I can't play every game at a higher capacity - I get more bang for my buck though.

Then I thought about waiting for the 1080ti (If it comes out) and having two set up in SLI.

What do you guys suggest? Thanks! 

2 minutes ago, Strafos said:

Hey people of the internet, currently I'm building a PC and I can't decide on what I should go for my graphics card(s).

I thought about a Titan XP, as I will play a few games every so often that don't support SLI - Is it worth the price?

I thought about two 1080s in SLI, but again I can't play every game at a higher capacity - I get more bang for my buck though.

Then I thought about waiting for the 1080ti (If it comes out) and having two set up in SLI.

What do you guys suggest? Thanks! 

The Titan XP is not worth it. It's not a lot faster than the 1080 but is a lot more expensive - 1080 SLI would be a better bet.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Duel Titans because your obviously drowning is swag.

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

In a long run it's wise just to get one 1080 and upgrade in 2 years. if u are not playing 4k or want 90-120 fps on 1440p there is no need to look further. 

It really depends who you are. I would say most, including myself, would go for dual 1080s. However some people stand very strongly with single card configurations just because they typically have higher minimum frame rates and less stuttering in game, however SLI has gotten much better over the years and while you still may experience some lower minimum frame rates, stuttering shouldn't be too much of an issue. You would definitely get more performance with the 1080s, it is really just if you care that much about minimum frame rates and the fairly low risk of stuttering.

I really like my two 1080s, I wouldn't trade them for a Titan XP. In games where SLI scaling is good they destroy one titan, and when it doesn't they still really aren't far behind, so to me they are the better option. That's just me though.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I would never buy a Titan for gaming and anytime anyone does they are justifying the legitimacy of a $1200 GPU which further firms up the $700 price mark of an 80 series GPU. Not to even get into the price game they played with rebranding reference as Founders and charging a premium for a worse card motivating AIBs to easily exceed the MSRP. Rant aside, if I had that kind of money to throw into GPUs I'd buy two 1080s and dominate the majority of games I play that support SLI and not exactly rough in the few games I play that don't support it.

In my option here. I would wait and find a great deal on dual 1080's or a titan xp. I mean i waited a month and got 2 gtx titan x's Maxwell for 600 total. Im more of a person that i buy if its a good deal and i could use it and resell it for more.

CPU: I7-6700k @ 4.7ghz Memery: 16GB HyperX DDR4 GPU: GTX TITAN X OC MotherBoard: Gigabyte Z170A Gaming 6 SSD: 1-Kingston 120Gb    1-PNY 240GB HDD: 1-WD 1T, 1-Seagate 750GB CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i GTX PSU: Corsair HX850 Case: Corsair 760T White Edition

If you're willing to spend more, go for the 1080s.

The price/perf isnt much different, a single Titan will also save you any issues that SLI might have

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Thanks everyone for commenting, I'm still deciding but everyone has helped get a better understanding!  xD