Windows 7 News

Trevor87

Hello all 

I have just learnt to day you can't upgrade windows 7 to windows 10.  

You will now have to by windows 10 home or pro    

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

Really?

The upgrade offer expired a few months ago

3 minutes ago, Trevor87 said:

Hello all 

You're late to the party... 2 months..

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

11 minutes ago, Trevor87 said:

Hello all 

9 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Really?

Yeah, they announced this in June that you can't upgrade for free anymore since July (18th I think). Pretty sure you can still upgrade for free if you have Windows 10 reserved though. Don't quote me on that though.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

Yeah, they announced this in June that you can't upgrade for free anymore since July (18th I think). Pretty sure you can still upgrade for free if you have Windows 10 reserved though. Don't quote me on that though.

2 minutes ago, Mug said:

The upgrade offer expired a few months ago

/sarcasam lol

11 minutes ago, Aytex said:

/sarcasam lol

I can't hear your voice on this forum, so use /s or a ninja when implying sarcasm pls. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 users had the chance to upgrade to WIndows 10 from July 2015 to July 2016 (it was said in the beginning, that the free upgrade will be available for a year).

So yes, the offer has ended.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

9 minutes ago, PenPoint said:

No, you're wrong. You can still upgrade your genuine Windows 7 to Windows 10. Go and check URL below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade

Sure, if you have an accessibility software or equipment that is not Windows 10 ready yet. It will cost you less to buy Windows 10 full retail price, maybe even 2 licenses, then to buy such software or equipment to try and get the OS for cheaper.

1 hour ago, HarryNyquist said:

You had a year to get it for free, that wasn't enough time?

Dude I am doing project for non profit organisation they only ask for windows 7.

I just wanted to let people know about the news just encase they missed it. 

Yeah the offer ended on July the 30th.

Unfortunatly they still have not fixed the Windows7 update problems.

And most likely they never will.

Because MS is just too stupid for fixing anything.

2 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Sure, if you have an accessibility software or equipment that is not Windows 10 ready yet. It will cost you less to buy Windows 10 full retail price, maybe even 2 licenses, then to buy such software or equipment to try and get the OS for cheaper.

Windows 10 home is about 2,300 rand just for one licence.