Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kotvid7

Gaming mouse and mouse pad

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi, Im deciding on a new mouse and keyboard for gaming. Im not sure for the mousepad, so your suggestions help. For the mouse, I have put some mice into closer consideration:

Logitech G300s

Roccat Lua

Razer Abyssus 2014

ASUS ROG Sica

GIGABYTE XM300

Can't go wrong with the Steel Series mouse pads.  Mine is in great shape a year or so down the line.  Then again a piece of paper is working well for me right now since I kinda forgot my pad back in the US when I moved to the other side of the world. 

Whats your budget?

mouse pads really aren't different from company to company its usually just the size and if theirs a wrist wrest on the mouse pad that changes

the biggest "innovation" ive seen on a mouse pad is probably the rgb mouse pad that luke talks about in this video 

1 hour ago, kotvid7 said:

Hi, Im deciding on a new mouse and keyboard for gaming. Im not sure for the mousepad, so your suggestions help. For the mouse, I have put some mice into closer consideration:

Logitech G300s

Roccat Lua

Razer Abyssus 2014

ASUS ROG Sica

GIGABYTE XM300

the g300s is a great mouse it was my first gaming mouse. as far as mousepads i prefer steelseries

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

From your list above, I would say the Logitech.

But I think you should take a look at some of the steelseries mice as well. I have the rival 300 and I love it. If you don't want to spend a lot you could take a look at the $40 USD rival 100.

XM300 or Nixeus revel for the mouse. Mouse pad qck+ or heavy.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

Well for starters how much are you willing to spend?

If you want to go cheap you can pick up a $3 mousepad from Walmart (very thin, extremely comfortable)

As for the mouse, you could pick up a Logitech G100s. I would suggest staying towards Logitech, due to their amazing products and wonderful support team. 

1 hour ago, kotvid7 said:

I was looking at the XM300. Is it any good?

It has an excellent sensor, but the implementation is far from great and there are build quality issues, mainly with the scroll wheel.

The G300s has a pretty mediocre sensor that's horribly positioned, so I suggest avoiding it unless you find it for really cheap.

The Roccat Lua has only 3 buttons and a A3050 sensor (low end).

The Abyssus 2014 has a really high lift-off distance and Razer Synapse screws up the tracking. It's technically a good sensor, but Razer's implementation is crappy. Again, a 3 button mouse.

The Asus ROG Sica is pretty good if you like small mice with 3 buttons (like the original Abyssus). It has the PWM3310 sensor which is fine, but there was a problem with button input lag and I'm not sure if it's fully fixed via firmware.

All mice you've posted have different shapes and buttons, so choose based on your hand size and grip. You can find some good recommendations here - http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/find-a-mouse/.

Shape preferences aside, the Niexus Revel is a fantastic mouse for $45 if you are on a tight budget. 

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

On 9/8/2016 at 9:40 PM, kotvid7 said:

Which mouse from the above would you recomend?

Logitech G400s, Qpad 8k laser, Razer deathadder or Corsair M65 

Ok, I narrowed it down to the Abyssus 2014, the XM300 and the Asus Sica. Which one would you buy?

Also, there is a deal on the Abyssus 1800 (not sure what the difference is) + a goliathus mouse pad for 50 EUR. Would it be good?

9 hours ago, kotvid7 said:

Ok, I narrowed it down to the Abyssus 2014, the XM300 and the Asus Sica. Which one would you buy?

Also, there is a deal on the Abyssus 1800 (not sure what the difference is) + a goliathus mouse pad for 50 EUR. Would it be good?

I would go with the Abyssus deal.

Ok, if you want the best mouse in performance, Looks and precision for the best competitive gaming, go with that xm300, and get a (mousepad) steelseries Qck Heavy   with it, they both fit in any color scheme, since the xm300 has rgb and the steel series is black and white. Mechanic keyboards advantage is not really that considerable, having one is just for showing it off and theyre fancy, but you dont need it. Dont take any advice from other people that isnt telling you why they chose their pick, theyre just picking it because they like how it looks, when in gaming you should have performance and good looks in your setup. Dont go with a razer mouse if it isnt a death adder or a mamba, which theyre both pretty bad still. For me, best mouses out there are zowie,  steel series and logitech has a cool sensor in which it can scan any surface for optimal precision, And this software is the best, and it is really accurate. i really love my rgb g502. If you still want a good price mechanical keyboard, go with the strafe or k70 both are great. k70 rapidfire is know for having the rapidfire switch which is supposed to be the fastest one out there.. by 40% But in real game enviorement this is barely notable. and you cant take advantage out of that if youre used to another keyboard in which you bottom the key out, since the actuation time in this is faster, it will be no use to buy one if you cant get to hit it just far down enough for the activation point. if you bottom they key out it is waste of money...

Welll thats my recommendation..! Sorry 4 bad english :P

Thank you, that was really detailed. I will probably go with the XM300 and some Steelseries Mousepad (not sure which yet)

On 9/13/2016 at 1:23 AM, kotvid7 said:

Thank you, that was really detailed. I will probably go with the XM300 and some Steelseries Mousepad (not sure which yet)

If you play with a higher sensitivity, go with the QCK. If you play with a lower sensitivity go with the QCK +, mass, or heavy, depending on how thick you like your mousepad to be