How to I prepare an old graphics card for shipping?

Regii_BK
Go to solution Solved by CapitalistCow,

The best way to ship it back would be to pack it back into the anti static bag it was shipped in, and back into its original box (if you have it). If you have neither the box or the static packaging I would pick up an anti-static bag fitting your GPU dimensions somewhere on Amazon, there are quite a few retailers that sell them usually for around $2-$5 per bag depending on size. If you're lacking the original packing your local postage store, or office supply store should sell all sizes of boxes. get one that is well fitting to the card and doesn't leave too much space to jostle around. you should be fine shipping the anti-static bag taped shut into the well fitting box you found. Though is there is a little extra space in the box that makes you uncomfortable you can also get some bubble wrap at your office store, or post office. one or two layers should be enough. together it shouldn't run you more than ~$12. 

So I am looking to upgrade my graphics card, but only if I can sell the two that I currently have in my system. I've never done this before, so bear with me.

If I no longer have the box that game with my graphics cards, how exactly do I ship them? If I wanted to sell them on Ebay or Amazon for example, would UPS (or USPS) do all of the work as far as boxing them up goes? I would really hate for one of them to get damaged during transit.

I'd really appreciate any help, thanks!

2 minutes ago, Regii_BK said:

So I am looking to upgrade my graphics card, but only if I can sell the two that I currently have in my system. I've never done this before, so bear with me.

If I no longer have the box that game with my graphics cards, how exactly do I ship them? If I wanted to sell them on Ebay or Amazon for example, would UPS (or USPS) do all of the work as far as boxing them up goes? I would really hate for one of them to get damaged during transit.

I'd really appreciate any help, thanks!

Your best option would be to bet some anti-static bags and wrap up the GPu after you can go with either packing peanuts or large sized bubble wrap it to protect it. 

The best way to ship it back would be to pack it back into the anti static bag it was shipped in, and back into its original box (if you have it). If you have neither the box or the static packaging I would pick up an anti-static bag fitting your GPU dimensions somewhere on Amazon, there are quite a few retailers that sell them usually for around $2-$5 per bag depending on size. If you're lacking the original packing your local postage store, or office supply store should sell all sizes of boxes. get one that is well fitting to the card and doesn't leave too much space to jostle around. you should be fine shipping the anti-static bag taped shut into the well fitting box you found. Though is there is a little extra space in the box that makes you uncomfortable you can also get some bubble wrap at your office store, or post office. one or two layers should be enough. together it shouldn't run you more than ~$12.