1440p or 144hz

DAnewguy

I am a content creator lil youtube mostly art but I play games much more and wondering if I should get 144hz(1080p,obviusly) or 1440p  i had a monitor with 1650 1050 30hz I think so whatever I choose is a upgrade these cost less in my country 

1080phttps://www.amazon.com/ASUS-MG248Q-WLED-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B01F9UC20Q

144hz

1440phttps://www.amazon.com/AOC-International-Q2778VQE-TFT-Backlight/dp/B00U2ZZX5A

27inches btw

I'd go for the 1440P , more pixels for less cash

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

What graphics card do you have? What games do you play?

I had this exact same question a month ago, and asked here, I was told to get a 144Hz monitor since I play a lot of first person shooter games. Personally, I haven't seen much benefit in 144FPS like most people say, but that's maybe because I haven't played much since I got the monitor. If I had the choice again, I'd go for 1440P monitor. If you're playing games like GTA 5, a 1440P monitor would be better than a 144Hz one, however the opposite goes for playing CS:GO/CoD.

Just now, KingFaris17 said:

What graphics card do you have?

I had this exact same question a month ago, and asked here, I was told to get a 144Hz monitor since I play a lot of FPS games. Personally, I haven't seen much benefit in 144FPS like most people say, but that's maybe because I haven't played much since I got the monitor. If I had the choice, I'd go for 1440P monitor if you're not playing hardcore FPS games.

Got the 1070 and yeah just like fps not hardcore playing them

Go for a dual monitor setup so you get best of both :). I personally prefer the 144Hz as you see a significant change from 60 on fps games.

4 minutes ago, DAnewguy said:

Got the 1070 and yeah just like fps not hardcore playing them

Nice, uhm if you have a GTX 1070 it's perfectly cable of doing either so it's just up to if you want really smooth play on FPS games which is usually for people who play competitively, then 144Hz. Again, I'd go for 1440P for non hardcore 1337 gaming.

12 minutes ago, Gonio said:

Personally I would go 1440p.

16 minutes ago, Kevinhkn said:

I personally prefer pixel over fps. 60fps is good enough IMO if you dont play too much fps.

24 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I'd go for the 1440P , more pixels for less cash

Is the one I picked OK??? (In original post and thx)

3 minutes ago, DAnewguy said:

Is the one I picked OK??? (In original post and thx)

The one you picked seems very nice

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Can't say for sure. Havn't read test results of the screen or personal experience with AOC overall.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

Would you say a 1440p monitor with 60hz for gaming titles like The Witcher 3, Overwatch, Guild Wars 2 and Doom sound reasonable?

8 hours ago, WingedDestroyer said:

Would you say a 1440p monitor with 60hz for gaming titles like The Witcher 3, Overwatch, Guild Wars 2 and Doom sound reasonable?

Yeah 

Depends. If there isn't a quick reaction time game in your steam library, cs go/cod/anything like that, then 144hz isn't really needed. I'd take the 144hz since I can't personally notice a difference between 2k and 1080p.

Nothing.