Best card for 1080p

JoaoPRSousa

Hello guys :D 

I have a little question to ask you all, what do you think is the best card to max out everything and get a stable average of around 60FPS at 1080p? (just for future reference)

(no flame wars pls)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

The GTX 1060 or 1070 will more than likely cover everything you need.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

an rx 470 should suffice at 60hz

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

well i could think of many tbh but i can say if your on a tight Budget go with a Rx 480 or 470, 

For Nvidia you can go with a 1070 or 1060 

PC's I Have Built And Currently Still in House:

Main PC (My One):

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700k @5.00Ghz

Motherboard: Asus Strix Z270-E Gaming ATX

Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 32gb (4 x 8) 3200mhz

Storage: 2TB Segate Barracuda HDD, 960gb HyperX Savage (Games), 240gb Samsung 850 Evo (OS)

Case: Corsair 750D

Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 1000w PSU

Graphics Card: 2x Asus Strix GeForce GTX 1080TI (SLI) 

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Cooling: Custom Water Cooling

Lets hear about your price range....In my opinion I would recommend nvidia cards or the latest gen Amd cards

GTX 1070 (or probably a 980 Ti or R9 Fury X I guess), if you really want to ensure everything will be at max detail for some time into the future. Even then, I still can't turn on MSAA in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided without a big, sub-60 FPS hit. :P

Edit: That's not to say a GTX 1060 or RX 470/480 don't handle 1080p wonderfully, but I'm just saying that even with a GTX 1070 and there's still things in some games I cannot turn on and maintain 60 FPS. It's up to you if Deus Ex's MSAA, Rise of the Tomb Raider's SSAA, max HairWorks in Witcher 3, or other such effects are worth that much extra, but the OP did say "max everything."

1 minute ago, ALJOJAISON said:

Lets hear about your price range....In my opinion I would recommend nvidia cards or the latest gen Amd cards

I really don't have one, I'd say I'm on a budget, but not willing to buy a 1080 or something like that.

I'm just asking for future reference.

3 minutes ago, Xx_MadJack_xX said:

well i could think of many tbh but i can say if your on a tight Budget go with a Rx 480 or 470, 

For Nvidia you can go with a 1070 or 1060 

Yes...U r right.. If you are on a budget Rx 480 will be a solid option for you....If you are not on a budget the nvidia cards like 1070, 1060 will be the best option for you..

gtx 1060 or rx 480, i do recommend the rx 480 above the gtx 1060 if you are looking for a new monitor however since freesync is generally cheaper than gsync

1 minute ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I really don't have one, I'd say I'm on a budget, but not willing to buy a 1080 or something like that.

I'm just asking for future reference.

For future reference Like I said go for a 1070 or 1060

I think that 1070 have more performance than 1060 or RX 480...so U can go  with a 1070

1 minute ago, ALJOJAISON said:

For future reference Like I said go for a 1070 or 1060

I agree, either the 1070 or the 1060 is a great card.

If I was you JoaPRSousa, just look into investing between the gtx 970 to 1060 range of graphics cards.

Like you said and I would do to "Not looking to go all out on a 1080" but on the Nvidia sides of things I recommend somewhere between those cards.

I personally use a ASUS strix gtx 980 (4GB) and I can run whatever I need to for me anyways.

21 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Hello guys :D 

I have a little question to ask you all, what do you think is the best card to max out everything and get a stable average of around 60FPS at 1080p? (just for future reference)

(no flame wars pls)

he RX 470 will take care of it, or if you must Nvidia, then go for the 1060

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Quazza said:

If I was you JoaPRSousa, just look into investing between the gtx 970 to 1060 range of graphics cards.

Like you said and I would do to "Not looking to go all out on a 1080" but on the Nvidia sides of things I recommend somewhere between those cards.

I personally use a ASUS strix gtx 980 (4GB) and I can run whatever I need to for me anyways.

I will not recommend going for 970 or 980 Ti because current gen 1070 beat them all in every benchmark

GTX 1060. It wont run everything completely maxed out, although it will still be great. If you want something cheaper go with the RX 470. If you pay more go for a GTX 1070. 

First of all Lets hear his complete specs....can you tell me what are your other components??????

Most, if not all games should be able to be played at 1080p 60fps on highest settings with a AMD RX 480. It is also very reasonable for price considering the power that it provides.

Not only that but if you get another 480 then you can run it in Crossfire and run faster than a Nvidia GTX 1080 and a lower cost! This will help for games in the future that may be more graphics intensive and by the time that happens it will be very likely that the 480 is even cheaper than it is now which will be very good for performance. It also means that if you wish to upgrade in the future to a higher-res/higher hertz monitor then you will have plenty of horse power!

980 Ti/1070/Fury, depend on your pricing there.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Depend on your budget get 1060 or 1070. Nvidia did great job this year so 1060 or 1070 and you will be fine ;)

2 hours ago, ALJOJAISON said:

First of all Lets hear his complete specs....can you tell me what are your other components??????

No need for that. I just want to know that for a future reference, as I already said.

I am not planning on making another PC...

On 9/7/2016 at 11:35 PM, JoaoPRSousa said:

No need for that. I just want to know that for a future reference, as I already said.

I am not planning on making another PC...

Best go for 1070 or 1060.... 1080 will be overkill... I personally recommend 1060 or 1070

A 1060 or a 1070 and you want to play in 60 fps and 1080p so i think a gtx 1060 is good for you