It's Hip to be Square!

Cheers Bud,

How did you spray it? Did you hang it some where? Were there any Issues with the holes in the mesh getting filled with paint?

It all sounds a bit risky in case I fuck it up, bit different to painting a few fan rings.

Thanks,

Kieren

Hang the mesh with fishing line or dental floss from one corner and keep your spraying very light and even like a moderate dusting with each pass. Prime it lightly with white then do light layers of green until you have the desired color. Keep in mind that you can always add more, but taking away is the hard part.

do as what braysive said...

for me i didnt prime it or what.... i just sprayed the mesh while its resting on a flat ground.... no issues or what so ever.. wish i cld take a pic to show u... but i sold off the case already....

Cheers Bud,

How did you spray it? Did you hang it some where? Were there any Issues with the holes in the mesh getting filled with paint?

It all sounds a bit risky in case I fuck it up, bit different to painting a few fan rings.

Thanks,

Kieren

Please do it :( please please please. Aswell where are the update pictures? :D 

I would almost be so tempted to say that if you fuck it up, i'll buy you a new case and you can send that one over to me.. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

Please do it :( please please please. Aswell where are the update pictures? :D

I would almost be so tempted to say that if you fuck it up, i'll buy you a new case and you can send that one over to me.. 

Hey Man,

I will post the pics up tomorrow, been busy with work as of late.

With regards to spraying the mesh, I don't think I'm gonna do it as I'm pretty novice with spraying and modding. I would do it if it was easy to get a replacement part if I messed it up, but it would mean buying another £120 case unfortunately.

Thanks for the input though.

Cheers,

Kieren 

Hey Man,

I will post the pics up tomorrow, been busy with work as of late.

With regards to spraying the mesh, I don't think I'm gonna do it as I'm pretty novice with spraying and modding. I would do it if it was easy to get a replacement part if I messed it up, but it would mean buying another £120 case unfortunately.

Thanks for the input though.

Cheers,

Kieren 

No problem! Work is work. 

For the spraying the mesh. Fair enough, I mean - it is your case after all. If I had enough money to trow around I would have honestly bought you a new case if you messed it up. Because well, in the very small chance you do fuck up - I shouldn't spend 140€ on a case right now. I am trying to save up money for my own new build. 

But, I found a new guy who wants to do basicly the same like you, corsair 540 with nvidia ref 780. and green stuff. So I hope that with your build and the pink one, I can convince him to spray his mesh! And if he does, then you could maybe see it and do it yourself. (copy cat hue hue hue)

Anyway cheers for the update, can't wait to see more pictures!

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Gimmi updates, *begs with cookies* 

ccc.gif

Great looking build man :)

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

Really like the green, and at least! somebody is doing a colour scheme rather than black and red

Amazing build i love it. I really think you should be a system build not even joking man really really awesome work i love the green fans and braided cables. Great work!

Great minds build alike...

You missed out on the Corsair LP green RAM sticks! :) But yes, that looks great haha. I for damn sure want to get that Case for my next build.. But, I don't think my Phantom has done enough work yet. I might just paint the phantom haha. 

You, good sir, are a more than competent builder.

Love the rig man, have you thought about painting the front mesh green maybe?

Could look nice.

I'm the one who overclocks.

CPU: i5 2500k w/CM Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OC'd@4.2GHz RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB  MOBO: Intel Burrage DP67BG GPU: MSI GTX770 Twin Frozr 2GB HDD: 2x Seagate 2TB Barracuda PSU: Gigabyte ODIN 550W

You missed out on the Corsair LP green RAM sticks! :) But yes, that looks great haha. I for damn sure want to get that Case for my next build.. But, I don't think my Phantom has done enough work yet. I might just paint the phantom haha. 

Tell me about it man, I must have bought the black ones a month or two before they did the greens  :( It's a lovely case, I moved from a Bitfenix Colossus - which I only had for a year - because it was just too big for my setup.

Tell me about it man, I must have bought the black ones a month or two before they did the greens  :( It's a lovely case, I moved from a Bitfenix Colossus - which I only had for a year - because it was just too big for my setup.

Ha, shame! But well, it still looks awesome man! I have just decided to mod my Phantom, nothing to crazy but it will take a bit. I got a brown/red painted room and I want to use those colors. So noctua fans coming into it. The only shit part is that I don't have money for a new board/ram and those are black/blue. So I need to find around that.

Anyway on topic: I demand updates! ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Ha, shame! But well, it still looks awesome man! I have just decided to mod my Phantom, nothing to crazy but it will take a bit. I got a brown/red painted room and I want to use those colors. So noctua fans coming into it. The only shit part is that I don't have money for a new board/ram and those are black/blue. So I need to find around that.

Anyway on topic: I demand updates! ^^

Done :)

Nice build! Although the only thing I would change is white LED instead of green ones. Regardless, what you have looks fantastic.

Nice build! Although the only thing I would change is white LED instead of green ones. Regardless, what you have looks fantastic.

And the poor little green RAM sticks! Corsair LP have some green sticks! :x Oh well, I agree with you one the green LED's the green light is just blowing away all the other green parts. Making it to overwhelming. 

Anyway, still an awesome build! I recently spray painted my mesh on the phantom. (much smaller gaps, howly balls!) I screwed up one a little bit, because I was painting with no light at all.. and the dark color I used.. wasn't a good combo haha! 

If you have enough light, spray from a distance, uhm.. a trick I got told is to put the paint in warm water for a little bit so it gets a little warm. This makes the paint a little more 'flexi?' not sure wat the right word is. You should not have any problems with the corsair mesh. 

But, ofcourse - up to you! :) have fun and do update us. 

Edit: Here is the Corsair 540 mesh compared to my Phantom mesh. So this is much easier! ^^