[Completed] iSwitched from Windows to Linux for 30 days

out of all honesty, Ubuntu is the way to go.  Its a great way to get into linux.

not only did u quote the OP, you dont even know what your talking about

elementary OS IS based of off ubuntu but they improve it in alot of ways (UI and visuals) imo its much better than Ubuntu even though its in beta stage

not only did u quote the OP, you dont even know what your talking about

elementary OS IS based of off ubuntu but they improve it in alot of ways (UI and visuals) imo its much better than Ubuntu even though its in beta stage

ahh okay

Reading this log has kinda given me the idea of trying out Elementary

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Reading this log has kinda given me the idea of trying out Elementary

Overall it's really good but still needs polishing in some places. But for a new distro compared to the other major 'rivals' such as Mint or Ubuntu it really is on it's way. If anything I would recommend to wait for the Isis which will be out aprox. April 2014 just a bit after Ubuntu 14.04 since it will be based off it. Who knows maybe by then we will also have Steam OS to try out :D

Overall it's really good but still needs polishing in some places. But for a new distro compared to the other major 'rivals' such as Mint or Ubuntu it really is on it's way. If anything I would recommend to wait for the Isis which will be out aprox. April 2014 just a bit after Ubuntu 14.04 since it will be based off it. Who knows maybe by then we will also have Steam OS to try out :D

I've been using Ubuntu for years now but the UI of Elementary is what's caught my eye :P so I'll probably do my own iSwitched

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Notice: I know I haven't updated in a while but I will update all of the days tomorrow (which is 6 days including tomorrow) I finally managed to fix the layout... had to rearrange and rewrite most of the 'center' script and repair all of the spoilers since they all broke after I got everything to be in center again -.- 

FINALLY! AN UPDATE :D Speaking of which, can I have my EOS thing for my iSwitched? Please?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Update: I have updated Day 18 & 19. The rest are coming tomorrow. I'll let you spot where the editor is being 'special' this time xD

FINALLY! AN UPDATE :D Speaking of which, can I have my EOS thing for my iSwitched? Please?

I will do it for you tomorrow :D Had college for the past few days :P

Update: I have updated Day 18 & 19. The rest are coming tomorrow. I'll let you spot where the editor is being 'special' this time xD

I will do it for you tomorrow :D Had college for the past few days :P

okay... BUT ANOTHER UPDATE! I feel so special.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Update: Day 20-22 updated. Rest coming soon and @tmcclelland455 I will do the images tomorrow :P ...and I have no idea why the editor has place my spoiler button at the centre now but I'll get it fixed once the iSwitched is done.

Update: Day 20-22 updated. Rest coming soon and @tmcclelland455 I will do the images tomorrow :P ...and I have no idea why the editor has place my spoiler button at the centre now but I'll get it fixed once the iSwitched is done.

Okay. Thanks. I love this "Log of Awesomeness." :P

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

hey just as a suggestion can u not post/delete all the days where you did nothing? when people come to this post brand new its going to be filled with blanks. and its just there for no reason xD for example if u did nothing on day 20 dont post anything for that day like dont even have the dropdown. its just a suggetion, makes things cleaner :D

It's been so long since I didn't check what Linux was like, 6 or 7 years by now, and by looking at this, man I kinda want to go and give a try at Elementary OS... It looks so good.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

It's been so long since I didn't check what Linux was like, 6 or 7 years by now, and by looking at this, man I kinda want to go and give a try at Elementary OS... It looks so good.

Like mentioned in the conclusion It's very good but there are a few ups and downs to it. I'd wait until the next version that will be out in a few months... I think I mentioned the date in one of the days.

Like mentioned in the conclusion It's very good but there are a few ups and downs to it. I'd wait until the next version that will be out in a few months... I think I mentioned the date in one of the days.

I will, thanks for the heads up man!

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

So will you be staying with Elementary OS or will you be switching back to Windows (or maybe a different Linux distro)?

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

So will you be staying with Elementary OS or will you be switching back to Windows (or maybe a different Linux distro)?

I'm back with Windows for the time being and still have Elementary OS on my drive but I will probably replace it with Steam OS as soon as it's out or a new version of Elementary OS. I may need to get rid of it at some point since I'm getting a bit low on space on my Windows partition.

Whenever I install Ubuntu, I sooner or later get to the point where I need half an hour to get administrator rights on the console. 

Then I type: "sudo apt get bla bla bla..." 

Then something doesn't work, and I just delete the VM. 

Oh, last time I installed Ubuntu, it didn't even have 1920x1080!!?!?! 

Of course you can figure out why, or you can do something else... ;o)

• 1 month later...

last time I used a linux distro was when Vista was annoying and XP felt old and I wanted to try something new.. I installed ubuntu (don't remember which version) I liked it so much and I was for over a year using Linux distros exclusively. After that I got a new graphics card around the time of windows 7 release (9800gt) and I wanted to play games so I installed windows 7.. today I only use it inside of an old laptop (cheapest 15" laptop I could find at the time, I used it for school), and an HTPC (for my dad).. Trying to get my hands on a raspberry pi (they do ship to my area).. these days I'm using windows 8...

• 10 months later...