[Completed] iSwitched from Windows to Linux for 30 days

Mmm, it's nice. Think Ubuntu without the in my opinion ugly UI.

Yeah I'm not a big fan of Unity myself which is the reason why I choose Elementary OS. I know I could have got Ubuntu and installed Pantheon on top of it but I rather have a system with an environment that was made for it to reduce problems.

Don't you wish it had minimize and maximize buttons? That's one of the things that I absolutely HATE about Elementary.

I use my bottom left hot corner to minimise my windows and pull the window up to the top just like you would in windows 7 or 8 to maximise. Also if you look at my 'Day 1' if you download Elementary tweaks you can change close maximise and minimise buttons to your liking you can even have it in the same place as windows there's an option for it.

You have a nice rig to be honest. Have you tried any games in WINE yet?

Not yet but I will soon. I'm not expecting anything to work but it would be cool if some games did. I'll do it in the upcoming few days.

im using a laptop and installed elementary OS 
when i use my usb mouse neither trackpad or mouse registers clicks :( ive looked all sorts of places please help if possible

thanks alot! testing dota and all that. what nvidia drivers are you using?

I'm using the 319.32 driver and I think it's beta as far as I know.

im using a laptop and installed elementary OS 

when i use my usb mouse neither trackpad or mouse registers clicks :( ive looked all sorts of places please help if possible

Have you tried updating your kernel? It may just be a hardware support problem. Also have a look at this and see if it works for you: LINK

I use my bottom left hot corner to minimise my windows and pull the window up to the top just like you would in windows 7 or 8 to maximise. Also if you look at my 'Day 1' if you download Elementary tweaks you can change close maximise and minimise buttons to your liking you can even have it in the same place as windows there's an option for it.

Duh. :P I'll throw that on there tonight, because I like me some good 'ol buttons.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

ill try reinstalling Luna tommorow. also turned out i accidently destroyed my win 8 partition (totally my fault for trying something i shouldnt have xD)

ill try reinstalling Luna tommorow. also turned out i accidently destroyed my win 8 partition (totally my fault for trying something i shouldnt have xD)

I feel for you dude... That's always my worry when I re-instal the OS but I did it so many times now on so many computers I'm a pro xD or at least I think so. Also try asking on the Elementary Support for Users here: LINK maybe they will help you if you still have the problem after the reinstal :)

If anything calling it Pantheon OS wouldn't be a bad idea I think.

sounds lavish and bloated...  hrm... come to think of it, the default ubuntu desktop would be the "Pantheon" edition.

My Rigs (past and present)

Linux!

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your Elementary ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ... wait that sounds a bit wrong xD

what?

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

i tried ubuntu a few times here and there

stopped using when unity showed up

to much of a noob to know how to change it

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Mint 15 bruh 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Your doing a great job on the 30 day switched!

And im thinking of trying to install elementaryOS on my old laptop :P

But how much do it require?

Your doing a great job on the 30 day switched!

And im thinking of trying to install elementaryOS on my old laptop :P

But how much do it require?

Well the system is very snappy so even on an old laptop it should run quite well. You can always turn off the animations if they are too much for your laptop. If I'll find some time today I'll show you what things you can do if your machine is a bit weaker. I will be out most of the day today so that should be something I can do when I'm back :) Also you should be able to find the requirements on Elementary OS website. The link should be in Day 0.

Well the system is very snappy so even on an old laptop it should run quite well. You can always turn off the animations if they are too much for your laptop. If I'll find some time today I'll show you what things you can do if your machine is a bit weaker. I will be out most of the day today so that should be something I can do when I'm back :) Also you should be able to find the requirements on Elementary OS website. The link should be in Day 0.

okay thanks i will try on my old laptop.

(btw its a old IBM laptop with a 1.66 Ghz processor and 2gb of ram and a 200gb hdd so i hope it will do okay :P)

okay thanks i will try on my old laptop.

(btw its a old IBM laptop with a 1.66 Ghz processor and 2gb of ram and a 200gb hdd so i hope it will do okay :P)

Should do fine since Linux doesn't really require a lot to run well. Until you do a clean install you should be nice and smooth. It also depend on how the graphics card you have in there can handle the animations :D

Should do fine since Linux doesn't really require a lot to run well. Until you do a clean install you should be nice and smooth. It also depend on how the graphics card you have in there can handle the animations :D

Its has some old Intel graphics card.

But i have now installed it and its working good! its abit slow but windows was that aswell on the old computer :P

First off, there's a typo on day 5, see? "I've made mine so that they are matching the wallpaper as you can see

bellow."

Second, where was today's update?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

First off, there's a typo on day 5, see? "I've made mine so that they are matching the wallpaper as you can see

bellow."

Second, where was today's update?

I didn't realize the typo thanks and the updates are coming I've been quite busy and didn't get a chance to update the thread :P