[Build Log] Project Frost - Case-Labs THW10 | X99 Watercooled | i7 6950X | Titan X | Borosilicate Glass Tubing

Revan654
7 minutes ago, W-L said:

Hmm that's a bit of an oddity maybe @CableMod may have more insight into this but the missing 20 pin is standard as it's for -5V but on that top connector it is missing a +3.3V connection.

It's odd each set has a different layout.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

18 hours ago, Revan654 said:

q0GYJga.jpg

I have three set of cables, each one the pins are placed differently.

Top Cablemod bottom EVGA cables. My own cable has the 20 pin missing.

I think we replied to your email already saying that everything is OK and you can use the cable without any worry - we follow with our PIN OUT a version of the official EVGA Sleeved cable kits.

2 minutes ago, CableMod said:

I think we replied to your email already saying that everything is OK and you can use the cable without any worry - we follow with our PIN OUT a version of the official EVGA Sleeved cable kits.

nice to see an official cable mod rep here :D then i know i can ping you if people need you lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

9 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

nice to see an official cable mod rep here :D then i know i can ping you if people need you lol

sure thing - feel free to ping me any time you got a question.

Damn. Nice.

//Case: Phanteks 400 TGE //Mobo: Asus x470-F Strix //CPU: R5 2600X //CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 //RAM: G-Skill RGB 3200mhz //HDD: WD Caviar Black 1tb //SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 250Gb //GPU: GTX 1050 Ti //PSU: Seasonic MII EVO m2 520W

On 15.11.2016 at 10:44 PM, Revan654 said:

Blue = Storage

Black = Performance (Plus their known for noise)

awesome thx!

On 17.11.2016 at 6:18 AM, W-L said:

Hmm that's a bit of an oddity maybe @CableMod may have more insight into this but the missing 20 pin is standard as it's for -5V but on that top connector it is missing a +3.3V connection.

I'm not sure I understood you correctly, -5V has been removed from the ATX standard per revision 2.0 and is now marked as NC, so no modern PSU or motherboard is allowed to use that pin for anything. Are you saying that? Because that is indeed correct.

The connector that is "missing a 3.3V connection" is not adhering to the ATX pinout because it is the PSU-side connector. EVGA is using a custom pinout here. AFAIK, that is actually the case with most modular PSUs, and Silverstone is making an exception there. I could be wrong, though.

7 hours ago, iFreilicht said:

I'm not sure I understood you correctly, -5V has been removed from the ATX standard per revision 2.0 and is now marked as NC, so no modern PSU or motherboard is allowed to use that pin for anything. Are you saying that? Because that is indeed correct.

The connector that is "missing a 3.3V connection" is not adhering to the ATX pinout because it is the PSU-side connector. EVGA is using a custom pinout here. AFAIK, that is actually the case with most modular PSUs, and Silverstone is making an exception there. I could be wrong, though.

Yes the -5V is not used by the 24pin nowadays as for the 3.3V if it follows what EVGA's sleeved replacement cables then it would be best to contact EVGA about that. 

I am at a total lack of words...
My jealousy, inspiration, awe and complete excitement for your project is beyond comprehension!
I cant wait to see further progress! This is like the coolest thing since the entirety of the metal genre kicked off! :D

• 2 weeks later...

For Reference Only:

Sata Ports Available: 10

Port 1: Green 6TB
Port 2: Green 6TB
Port 3: Green 6TB
Port 4: Green 6TB

Port 5: Blue 6TB
Port 6: Blue 6TB

Port 7: SSD 2TB Evo
Port 8: SSD 2TB Evo
Port 9: SSD 2TB Evo
Port 10: SSD 1TB Pro

Sleeving

PSU Cables (ATX, EPS, Molex & PCiE) : 16 AWG
PSU Cables ( Push In Sata Cables): 16 AWG
PSU Sata (Sata Power & Molex Double Crimping Only): 18 AWG
Fan Cable Extensions Wiring: 22 AWG

I'm rly into this build! I can't wait to see the final product!

Are you some professional filmmaker or you just like to spend tone of money on PC's? :v

IF U SEE MISTAKES IN MY POSTS - JUST TELL ME. I RLY WANT TO BECOME BETTER IN ENGLISH! 

Thank you for understanding! Have a nice day!

X99 buid: (under construction) [OWN] / [DON'T OWN]
CPU:I7 5820k GPU:ASUS GTX 660 2GB [Goal is GTX980ti] RAM:G.Skill Ripjavs4 16Gb (4x4 [Goal is 32Gb]) MOBO:Gigabyte x99 Gaming 5p Case:FD Define XL (rev.1)

990FX build: (sold)
CPU:AMD FX 6300 GPU:ASUS GTX 660 2GB RAM:Corsair Vengence 8GB (2x4Gb) MOBO:ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Case:Zalman Z3 PLUS

Peripherials:
Keyboard:Razer Arctosa Mouse:Razer Naga 2012 Headset:Logitech G35 Headphones:Sennheiser HD 558 Earphones:Razer Hammerhead Mic:Novox NC-1 Monitor:Syncmaster TA350

Any reason for getting the SR2 rads and not the Nemesis GTS or Nemesis GTX? 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

10 hours ago, Lays said:

Any reason for getting the SR2 rads and not the Nemesis GTS or Nemesis GTX? 

SR2 have lower FPI then rest and can even out performance AlphaCool Monstra Rads (Which have the same FPI) at Low RPM.

GTS - They are very restive Radiators(The most restive Radiators that are currently available). I would only grab those if space is a serous issue.

GTX - Their 16 FPI which will require higher Speed fans.

SR2 are one best performing radiators on the market currently.

2 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

SR2 have lower FPI then rest and can even out performance AlphaCool Monstra Rads (Which have the same FPI) at Low RPM.

GTS - They are very restive Radiators(The most restive Radiators that are currently available). I would only grab those if space is a serous issue.

GTX - Their 16 FPI which will require higher Speed fans.

SR2 are one best performing radiators on the market currently.

The GTX's high FPI doesn't necessarily mean it has to have higher speed fans to perform well though, it actually performs better than the SR2 at low RPM's.

This is some testing on 560 rads, I'm sure the 480's show similar results since they all have the same design.

sK0j3.png

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

3 hours ago, alphastrata said:

is this the most insane build ever done by a member of this forum?

Impressive, but probably not. IDK for sure though.

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

Just now, Shiv78 said:

one of the more insaine ones, cant say iv read one more insaine tho xD 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 hours ago, alphastrata said:

is this the most insane build ever done by a member of this forum?

38 minutes ago, Shiv78 said:

11 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

one of the more insaine ones, cant say iv read one more insaine tho xD 

I know we had one guy running one of the newer high core count Xeon chips with 4 x Titan XP in SLI.  He used his rig for compute type work, but he ran some games in SLI and the results were mind blowing.

As for OP, he's building a monster for sure.  I built mine quite some time ago and it's cool how we ended up with very similar cooling capacity.  He's essentially running 16 x 120mm (4 x 480) and I'm running 15 x 120 (5 x 360).   He has two more cores to cool and I have an extra GPU to cool.  Caselabs cases with pedestals, big Extreme CPUs, GPUs, RAM, storage, cooling.  I like it!!   I'm looking forward to trading blows on benchmarks.  :P

I'd love to do a build thread with my upcoming Skylake-X build (as soon as it releases), but it is extremely time consuming to document each step, especially with all of the parts in these builds.  This thread started at the beginning of September. Props to OP for taking the time to do it.  Building these rigs are time consuming enough without all of the added documentation.    Dedication!!

22 hours ago, done12many2 said:

I know we had one guy running one of the newer high core count Xeon chips with 4 x Titan XP in SLI.  He used his rig for compute type work, but he ran some games in SLI and the results were mind blowing.

As for OP, he's building a monster for sure.  I built mine quite some time ago and it's cool how we ended up with very similar cooling capacity.  He's essentially running 16 x 120mm (4 x 480) and I'm running 15 x 120 (5 x 360).   He has two more cores to cool and I have an extra GPU to cool.  Caselabs cases with pedestals, big Extreme CPUs, GPUs, RAM, storage, cooling.  I like it!!   I'm looking forward to trading blows on benchmarks.  :P

I'd love to do a build thread with my upcoming Skylake-X build (as soon as it releases), but it is extremely time consuming to document each step, especially with all of the parts in these builds.  This thread started at the beginning of September. Props to OP for taking the time to do it.  Building these rigs are time consuming enough without all of the added documentation.    Dedication!!

This Build has morphed (aka Changed a few times since I started) into Something that's beyond Overkill.  If this was a Pure gaming Machine & had no consoles I might have done something like Quad Titan X or 1080. I have XB1, PS4 and a PC loaded with a 1080(Theirs a Small build Log for it on the site).

Not sure if I would ever touch Xeon & have no experience with those chips. Can't really comment if it would be worth using Xeno on a build like this or not.

My daily driver PC is dated from 2009 (Right when Windows 7 was released). It was time to build a new PC for daily usage, Since I needed a PC for faster video rendering(Not sure on Software I will use yet for my rendering yet).

Those two 560 are for side B, I have room for another two 560 on Side A. I'm just waiting to see if I need two more or not. I do have enough credit at PPCS to buy them without spending anything extra. I might grab two more MP rads or maybe try their new GTR line.

Theirs no longer any pedestal with this build since I changed cases and THW10 does not support pedestals (Wasn't enough demand for it). I could get TH10A. Then I would lose the second Flexbay and forced to 120 Fans. I'm trying to stick with 140 to keep the noise down.

Thanks, I thought some would like to see the progress of my build as it goes on. Waiting on parts is the only thing killing this thread due to Case-Labs very long wait time (9 to 10 Weeks).