Radiator thickness for GPU X2 and cpu loop - Tips needed.

Hello i have one question since i've never done a multi GPU + CPU loop before.

I am getting my hands on a Caselabs S5 in the coming week and i have a question regarding thickness on the radiators, the plan is to get a 45mm 360 rad in roof, and a 60mm 240 rad in front and do you WC loving guys know if i can get away with this setup and still get decent silence ?.

Cards that are going to be WC'd are my ref 780's along with my 3770k, fans will probably Corsair SP120's since they just work, or if they get the thumb out of their asses and finally make a LED version of it i might get that.

Will post more once i get the case assembled, and see if any modding will be done

( maybe an extra 360 rad somewhere who knows i just so happen to have this 360 30mm laying around )

Yes, but get the silent editions if your dead set on corsair fans.

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Yes, but get the silent editions if your dead set on corsair fans.

Already have a pile of SP120's quiet editions so will probably run with those.

That loop is more than sufficient for your needs and can maintain silent operation. Depending on rads  and fans of course

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

5 rad slots for a 2 GPU and CPU loop is what is usually recommened for a well balanced silent system. Of course you can always add more for a "more silent" system but 5 rad slots should get you good perfromance.

If you run those Quiet editions with the fan speed reducers you should be fine.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

That loop is more than sufficient for your needs and can maintain silent operation. Depending on rads  and fans of course

Alphacool full copper rads and probably corsair SP120's

5 rad slots for a 2 GPU and CPU loop is what is usually recommened for a well balanced silent system. Of course you can always add more for a "more silent" system but 5 rad slots should get you good perfromance.

If you run those Quiet editions with the fan speed reducers you should be fine.

Will it do much difference between push OR pull and Push and pull ?, might look into a monsta (80mm) 240mm rad otherwise.

Alphacool full copper rads and probably corsair SP120's

Will it do much difference between push OR pull and Push and pull ?, might look into a monsta (80mm) 240mm rad otherwise.

Not as good as the UT model.....

Push pull is worth 1-2c on a thick rad.

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

Not as good as the UT model.....

Push pull is worth 1-2c on a thick rad.

I know but they simply stopped stocking them in swedish stores.

Know anything about the alphacool nexxos XT45 radiators ?.

5 pages of reading material on them.

http://martinsliquidlab.org/2012/04/15/alphacool-nexxxos-xt45-360-radiator/

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I know but they simply stopped stocking them in swedish stores.

Thinner but the same construction,good rads. Quality control can be a bit flaky,solder balls rattling in rads is a common issue but the paint and build is good.

45mm thick is good and allows slightly less powerful fans to still perform.

• 2 weeks later...

for Sufficient Cooling You should go for at least the same Amount of RADsurface + 1 as your Blocks and for Silence the more Surface the better casuse then You can turn the Fans down, and sure PnP gives a little more Cooling Performance (2-5Degress not often more in total) but for silence i would go for One fan in pull =D hehe.

And U can get UT RADS from Coolerkit.se, They ship in 2-3 days, havent taken more then a Total of 3 days for me on any orders yet. =D

Its danish company with Swedish Service =D. great ppl there.

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

Hi there,

Just my 2 cents.

I have a 4770k (stock) with 2 780's SC in one loop and 2 480mm rads (20 and 30 fpi, this and this) with SP120 in push pull configuration each one.

My fans at minimum speed (around 750rpm) keep the system at these temps:

CPU: 24º-55º (min and max)

GPUs: 23º-39º (min and max).

Now you can make a picture.

Luck

• 2 weeks later...