What's the worst that could happen with a fly INSIDE your PC?

So, small story at first:
A few days ago I had a pretty annoying fly in my room.
It suddenly disappeared so I didn't really think about it too much any more...
Until I saw a shadow on my wall through the LEDs that I installed inside my PC...
I am using a Sharkoon BW-9000-W tower and it is standing on the edge of a small ledge because of the massive reservoir mounted to the back. The thing has a pretty big air inlet below the case in the front, the fly must have flown in there and up through the drive-bay area INSIDE my PC. I immediately sh*t my pants when I saw it in there and I think I've never taken off my side panel so fast as in this moment.

Now my question after thinking about this for a while: Was my anxiety even justified?
What is the worst that could have happened in that situation?
Maybe a small addition, I am using an ASUS Sabertooth Mark S with the thermal armor, so I'd assume it could have flown back there and maybe took a poop on one of the resistors or something causing them to be shorted.
Or it could have simply been sucked into my Noctua Industrial PPC fans I have and shredded to bits, thus causing it's shreds to land right on my GPU or something. Maybe it could have also been pushed inside my radiator?
Would be nice to know if I should be worried or not if something like this happens the next time around ^^'

Lol, the bug won't short anything out, the worst is that you will have to clean out bug guts from your pc.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

its usually nothing to worry. a spider lived inside my computer for all of last winter :D 

It probably wouldn't have made much of a difference no matter what it did. If it got shredded and landed on parts it would most likely affect them in the same way as dust. Just annoying. Not dangerous.

I'm not going to tell you the worst possible outcome since the odds of something bad happening beyond just gunking up a fan or something are astronomically low, realistically you might just have fly guts on some of your components

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I don't think a fly could do any harm, since it reacts to sudden changes in air pressure.
If it would fly in front of an intake fan, it would fly away from it.

9 minutes ago, Born_to_play said:

I once booted my PC with a box of cookies hidden in it

Unless they were genetically engineered sentient cookies I am pretty sure that that also wouldn't cause any harm.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

14 minutes ago, Jamarlie said:

maybe took a poop on one of the resistors or something causing them to be shorted.

Funniest story I've read in this forum so far. LOL. I don't think that flies poop. 

CPU: i7-5820k @4.0GHz // MotherboardAsus X99-A/USB3.1 // RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB // GPU: Geforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming // CaseNZXT H440 Razer Edition // SSD: HyperX Predator SSD PCIe 480GB // HDD: WD Black 1TB // PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 GS // Monitor: Asus VN247H 23.6" // Cooling: Corsair H100i GTX // Keyboard: Razer Ornata Chroma Destiny 2 Edition // Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core // OSWindows 10

Referral link for HashFlare Mining: 
here

8 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

Unless they were genetically engineered sentient cookies I am pretty sure that that also wouldn't cause any harm.

Wrong, my PC blew up

9 minutes ago, 0ri0n said:

Funniest story I've read in this forum so far. LOL. I don't think that flies poop. 

You made me google if flies poop

Just now, Born_to_play said:

You made me google if flies poop

And...

CPU: i7-5820k @4.0GHz // MotherboardAsus X99-A/USB3.1 // RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB // GPU: Geforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming // CaseNZXT H440 Razer Edition // SSD: HyperX Predator SSD PCIe 480GB // HDD: WD Black 1TB // PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 GS // Monitor: Asus VN247H 23.6" // Cooling: Corsair H100i GTX // Keyboard: Razer Ornata Chroma Destiny 2 Edition // Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core // OSWindows 10

here

They do, don't look at photos

I'd be more scarred for the vomit. What if the fly had vomited on your CPU! http://insects.about.com/od/HouseholdPests/f/Do-Flies-Really-Vomit-And-Poop-When-They-Land-On-You.htm

here

Even if we went out of topic, too funny!

here

5 minutes ago, 0ri0n said:

Even if we went out of topic, too funny!

How often do you have conversation about pooping flies, its funny, or more likely we're immature 

How often do you have conversation about pooping flies, its funny, or more likely we're immature 

I have to agree! But I don't mind.xD

here

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

This happened to me 2 days ago and I saw a shadow of a fly on my ceiling from my white motherboard light. The next day I tried to turn it on and the pc beeped twice instead of once and did not boot to anything. Beware of these flys. They have untapped knowledge of pc’s and this one unlocked it.

Worst things that could happen:

1. Your fly is pregnant and lays fertilized eggs everywhere, inside your hard drive, GPU, etc.

2. You watch that fly all day long through the clear side panel. In doing so, you lose sight of everything else, forget to pay your mortgage, lose your house, and end up homeless on the street with no place to plug in your computer.

3. 1 & 2 combined. You finally find a place to plug in your computer, but the eggs hatched everywhere and your 2080ti is now functioning like a GT 1030. Oh, the humiliation!

Worst case scenario, fly has a very very bad day.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

Well the term computer "bug" came about because of an actual bug sooooooo . . .

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

On 9/6/2016 at 12:58 PM, spartaman64 said:

its usually nothing to worry. a spider lived inside my computer for all of last winter :D 

LMAO thats funny.  Spider lol,, ya its a nice safe heaven for them its nice and warm which bugs and spiders like..... But at the end if its a spider it can crawl between your CPU and chip and go inside the paste and fuk things up,, lol jk jk jk

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

The fly could fly into your psu and blow your PC up. (Worst case scenario, probably won't happen)

8700K @ 5.2ghz 1.29V, 4x8 Rev.E @ 4040 13-20-20-39 1.7V.