People who buy Android found to be more humble and honest than iPhone users

3vitor

What about android users who are forced to switch to iOS because 20mb free space for apps and 832mhz 1 core isn't enough in 2016 and only had a spare apple phone?

As people have said, this is a good example of a Post hoc ergo propter hoc (translated (by my knowledge of Latin) as quite literally "After this, because of the account of this" (or After this, because of on account of this)). There isn't necessarily a LOGICAL or SCIENTIFIC correlation as fact, and therefore the thesis statement of "All Apple Users are NOT humble or honest" is incorrect. Logically. Whether or not it's valid...

"I don't try to be smart, I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, only one asked "why?""

22 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

who think they're self-superior to iOS users because of "Open Source" and "customization", and all of that stuff.

I think i'm that guy, :/

As @mr.squishy, this is probably the actual social experiment, seeing what Android users (i.e. Me) have no chill and start berating Apple.

1 hour ago, mr.squishy said:

InB4 this post is a social experiment to see how andriod users and ios users react to artificial data

I'm watching you.

Well this is true for fashion whenever it's clothing, accessories, furniture, cars or phones. Because yes: Apple sells product as fashion not as tech.

-------

Current Rig

-------

14 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Well this is true for fashion whenever it's clothing, accessories, furniture, cars or phones. Because yes: Apple sells product as fashion not as tech.

Can't wait for the next I-Shirt and I-purse. Far superior quality.

I guess this study is inaccurate since Android users range from low-end hardware owners to the top-notch ones, while iPhone users don't have a lot of choices :P! I'd really like to see the comparison done on individuals owning devices of the same price range for the sake of transparency :).

This is a very stupid conclusion, gathered from the people's impressions of themselves versus others. Especially since I have experienced the complete opposite to what the "study" claims, this means absolutely nothing. Not to mention, the sample size is pathetically small!

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

16 minutes ago, AirPhoenix said:

I guess this study is inaccurate since Android users range from low-end hardware owners to the top-notch ones, while iPhone users don't have a lot of choices :P! I'd really like to see the comparison done on individuals owning devices of the same price range for the sake of transparency :).

Well to be fair, most "cheap" iOS users just use old iPhones, like the 4 or 4s.

2 minutes ago, Prysin said:

zMeul is just obsessively hating on everything that is somewhat positive or popular.

To be honest, I'm starting to think he's not even a fanboy of any particular brand, he's just an anti-fan of everything :P

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Did anybody read the article? This isn't even a study about users... It's a poll on other people's perceptions of users. "During the first study 240 participants were asked to complete a questionnaire about the characteristics they associate with users of each smartphone brand."

Ex/

Interviewer: Martha, who do you think is more humble based off of your experience, Android users or iPhone users? 

Martha:       Well, due to my anecdotal evidence, I would say Android users!

It's not a study about personalities, it's a poll about perceptions. Not really worth the time of day, imo.

6 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

To be honest, I'm starting to think he's not even a fanboy of any particular brand, he's just an anti-fan of everything :P

Also known as a flaming douche.

Or contrarian. Or both. 

2 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Did anybody read the article? This isn't even a study about users... It's a study on other people's perceptions of users. "During the first study 240 participants were asked to complete a questionnaire about the characteristics they associate with users of each smartphone brand."

Ex/

Martha, who do you think is more humble based off of your experience, Android users or iPhone users? 

Martha: Well, due to my anecdotal evidence, I would say Android users!

It's not a study about personalities, it's a poll about perceptions. Not really worth the time of day, imo.

"In a second study, researchers then tested these stereotypes against personality traits of 530 smartphone users.
They discovered that while Android users were more honest and humble, the other personality stereotypes did not occur."

Just now, AirPhoenix said:

"In a second study, researchers then tested these stereotypes against personality traits of 530 smartphone users.
They discovered that while Android users were more honest and humble, the other personality stereotypes did not occur."

Well shit :P looks like I need to read more as well!

This is basacally clickbait feeding the "Us versus them" wars between companies. It's no good for either side.

Came for the giveaway. Stayed for the awesome looking forum.

Well Apple really pushes that self-righteous, environmentally friendly "save the world" mentality pretty hard, so it doesn't surprise me that a number of customers buying in to Apple products reflects that type of mentality. That said, the study does seem a bit lacking in sample size, so I don't think generalizations are fair to make for the entire user-base according to this study.

Number of iPhones vs all android/windows phones in my year: something like 160 iPhones to 50 "other" phones :/ 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

It would be hilarious to see this study done using LTT population.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

5 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

While there are methodological issue, the sample size isn't necessarily small (and it would take several checks to ensure it's representative -but representative of what?- even if it was 10 times larger or 10 times smaller). For univariate estimation, N=infinity is a reasonable good approximation from N=30 onwards. At N=100 you are more than safe. For a comparison of means, 240 is plenty. The real problem is selection, and adding controls pushes the relevant N further and further.

there are an estimated 75 million iphone users in the US alone....if you dont think that 240 is too small a sample size you know nothing about statitics.....and remeber thats just iphone users in the us.......

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

I'm one of those few people out there who happens to have an iPhone, a Mac, and an iPad all completely unintentionally lol

I look like an apple fanboy everywhere I go, yet I come home and sit on my desktop PC. I really just don't care, it's all a device and they all work, the ipad and the macbook were both gifts, the iphone is really the only thing I ever purchased from apple. Why I bought an iphone? really just because everyone in my family has one and I prefer to stay in the same ecosystem because it's more seamless, though that seems to be getting less important these days, it used to be really bad and annoying a few years ago. But I mean all of it is just hardware, I never cared what anyone uses. Just use what gets the job done how you want it done. Or just buy what you like. 

I despise "iSheep" as I call them, though. And there are a few android users like them too, but for sure not as many. But there is also a lot more android phones out there than anything else because cheap phones exist. I'm actually thinking about getting a cheaper phone for myself next time because the price of iPhone's is a little ridiculous nowadays considering the minimal upgrades. (or I may just keep this one for a while and change the battery on it every couple of years)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

most of my stuff is apple and I am among my friends the most honest and humbled person. I am also the most rational as well. Just because the average android user is more honest or humble doesn't mean that the iOS user is "not" honest or humble.

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

This just in: Blackberry users are found to be the most dishonest of them all. This could be that blackberry devices exist only to serve upper level business employees, lawyers, and politicians.

/s

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Maybe he should borrow my nickname

-------

Current Rig

-------