"Chrono Master" project - finished

neSSa
Go to solution Solved by iFreilicht,

Looks much better! I'd still say 1mm would've be a better option, but it doesn't really matter. :)

Chrono-Master-project-001.jpg

Hello friends!

"Chrono Master" - project is finished!

HARDWARE:

CM Mastercase 5 PRO
Intel i7 5820k
ASRock X99 Taichi
Avexir Core DDR4 16Gb
Transcend 370s SSD
Asus GTX970 Strix
Cooler Master V750
Alphacool watercooling

BIG THANKS to sponsors:

COOLER MASTER, AQUATUNING, ALPHACOOL, ASROCK, TRANSCEND, AVEXIR

Chrono-Master-18.jpg

The rest of the photos you can see on page 6

Good surprise this morning, ASRock X99 Taichi mother board came in the mail. Thank you very much Asrock! :)

This 3D renders briefly shows the idea of the project:

ChronoMaster-project-009.jpg

Spoiler

ChronoMaster-project-002.jpg
ChronoMaster-project-003.jpg
ChronoMaster-project-004.jpg
ChronoMaster-project-005.jpg
ChronoMaster-project-006.jpg
ChronoMaster-project-007.jpg
ChronoMaster-project-008.jpg

It would be great if you use a few step motors! You can use steppers from old scanners, printers, cd-devices or so. I have a few old but working steppers if you need it.

If you want I can make you Atmega328 board with drivers for 3 step motors and eventually additional  3 very strong PWM outputs (I'v just got 100pcs IRFZ44N mosfets from Aliexpress today) and one display like you used in previous build (I use i2c interface so I need only 2 digital outputs from MPC for display), on one single pcb for free. It is better to connect it to internal COM if motherboard has one, I did it this way in my last build, but I also have COM to USB interface pcb. I can put some software in Atmega eeprom, which also has 2KB for parameters so it can work independently from PC (during post) but I also usually make Windows service and control application so it can be controlled through PC. 

My friend and me, we had CNC machine but not anymore, I was building a new one but somehow I got stuck.... and I am doing other stuffs. I hope that I will finish it in 2017. So....  when I make it work, I'll do aluminium parts again.

My friend has a few big lathes and a mill in his workshop and I use to do any round part like stand, I need in his workshop for free.   

There is a great  great store a few km from me. They have everything you can imagine and prices are so low.

Wish you all the best!

I found Taichi at Asrock site and I saw that it has one internal COM port header and this is PERFECT!

You can freely say that I am a redneck but just for fun I made software which change color and intensity of RGB in my PC case according to master sound output level with and without software ALC. My friends like this but I just wanted to prove that I could have very fast NT service control  with less than 1% CPU usage. I also tried software on very slow dual core PC and I got same results. 

wow! Look forward to the end result :D

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --

Thank you Bramm17,  I wait to get the rest of the hardware that I continued to work :)

The water cooling components have arrived, thank you again Aquatuning and Alphacool! :)

Chrono-Master-project-008.jpg

On 9/6/2016 at 9:22 AM, neSSa said:

Hello friends, I start with a new project, thank sponsors for their trust!

The following is a lot of fun and work, stay tuned :)

Nice! :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Alphacool Monsta 420 radiator, Alphacool Cape Corp reservoir and Phobya UC-2 cpu cooler :)

Chrono-Master-project-025.jpg
Chrono-Master-project-026.jpg
Chrono-Master-project-027.jpg
Chrono-Master-project-028.jpg
Chrono-Master-project-029.jpg
Chrono-Master-project-030.jpg
Chrono-Master-project-031.jpg
Chrono-Master-project-032.jpg

On 9/7/2016 at 4:20 AM, neSSa said:

This 3D renders briefly shows the idea of the project:

ChronoMaster-project-009.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

ChronoMaster-project-002.jpg
ChronoMaster-project-003.jpg
ChronoMaster-project-004.jpg
ChronoMaster-project-005.jpg
ChronoMaster-project-006.jpg
ChronoMaster-project-007.jpg
ChronoMaster-project-008.jpg

did you make those models or were did you find those?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

It's very nice to see the Taichi board being used in a custom build. It's got a striking design. Looking forward to see where you carry it.