Recommend a cloud storage?

Go to solution Solved by handruin,

Amazon offers unlimited personal cloud storage for $60/year and offers some limited functionality related to sharing.  If you're a Prime member I think you get 5GB to play with.  See if that works for you and if it does the price for unlimited storage is actually really good and the performance is pretty decent.

So I have a lot of projects I have and want to share and keep safe using cloud storage. Dropbox seemed like a good solution, but is limited for normal users at 1TB. 

Over time i'm certain i'll have enough files to push well past that. 

I love the file sharing ability of dropbox, but hate its limited storage.

I'd like a storage solution where I can link the account with other user's to work on group projects.

Any suggestions? 

Google Apps is one of the best choices out there for cloudy days :)

I've been using it for my small business for a year now and it's really great. That being said, I'm kind of spoiled right now as I would have high demands from anything else and not much can reach Google's greatness at this point.

6 hours ago, Lcast15 said:

But Google Apps with unlimited storage only works if your organisation has 5 or more member. Or try Office 365 and create alternative email so you can enjoy all 5 TB of storage but with hassle of switching account. Otherwise, you can try built your own NAS but make sure you have remote back up.

On 9/6/2016 at 4:57 PM, doridamon said:

But Google Apps with unlimited storage only works if your organisation has 5 or more member. Or try Office 365 and create alternative email so you can enjoy all 5 TB of storage but with hassle of switching account. Otherwise, you can try built your own NAS but make sure you have remote back up.

Ah right, well you can always make 4 accounts to be those others but yeah good point. I personally dont trust OneDrive anymore because they took the limits down, but this is just my preference.

[insert] Cool signature [/insert]

///Nailed It

On 6.09.2016 г. at 3:31 AM, RangerLunis said:

~snip~

Hi there :)

Have you considered having a personal NAS that can act like your own Cloud space where you can store data and share it across the network and Internet with yourself and other users? I would recommend taking a look at WD My Cloud and see if meets your needs and if it can be any good. 

Let me know if you have questions about it :)

Captain_WD. 

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

I wouldn't recommend it as a replacement for any kind of managed service (e.g. with Google and Dropbox, etc,  you don't deal with disks dying, or your files bring unavailable because your home router got stuck while you were traveling or your ISP did something funny, or because power went out, etc)

... but the price point on my cloud is really good for something like a local backup.

I wonder if they can run netatalk for TimeMachine stuff

Amazon offers unlimited personal cloud storage for $60/year and offers some limited functionality related to sharing.  If you're a Prime member I think you get 5GB to play with.  See if that works for you and if it does the price for unlimited storage is actually really good and the performance is pretty decent.

Workstation 1: Intel i7 4790K | Thermalright MUX-120 | Asus Maximus VII Hero | 32GB RAM Crucial Ballistix Elite 1866 9-9-9-27 ( 4 x 8GB) | 2 x EVGA GTX 980 SC | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | HGST 4TB NAS 7.2KRPM | 2 x HGST 6TB NAS 7.2KRPM | 1 x Samsung 1TB 7.2KRPM | Seasonic 1050W 80+ Gold | Fractal Design Define R4 | Win 8.1 64-bit
NAS 1: Intel Intel Xeon E3-1270V3 | SUPERMICRO MBD-X10SL7-F-O | 32GB RAM DDR3L ECC (8GBx4) | 12 x HGST 4TB Deskstar NAS | SAMSUNG 850 Pro 256GB (boot/OS) | SAMSUNG 850 Pro 128GB (ZIL + L2ARC) | Seasonic 650W 80+ Gold | Rosewill RSV-L4411 | Xubuntu 14.10

Notebook: Lenovo T500 | Intel T9600 | 8GB RAM | Crucial M4 256GB

On 9.09.2016 г. at 5:45 PM, risk said:

~snip~

Valid point on the managed service advantages, but don't forget that there have been issues with those as well (bad service, down time on servers, leaked data, hacked accounts, etc.). 

The WD My Cloud devices are fully compatible to work with Mac systems and Time Machine :)

Captain_WD. 

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/