Apple 2016 keynote event and product release thread

1 hour ago, AresKrieger said:

Filthy apple plebs don't deserve nintendo games

iOS officially has Mario. Android does not. 

Really.....who are the "plebs" in this equation.....

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

7 hours ago, Kimmers said:

Matte Black is an all new color and Apple isn't charging any extra for that so that throws that theory out the window.

Maybe on w/e material the new iphone is made of yes. But they've done it before.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

LOL those wireless earbuds are $160 and look like toothpick hanging off your ear.   Are they designed to be easily misplaced??

6 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

iOS officially has Mario. Android does not. 

Really.....who are the "plebs" in this equation.....

Just because you bought Mario, still doesn't mean you deserve it.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

4 hours ago, pk-man said:

LOL those wireless earbuds are $160 and look like toothpick hanging off your ear.   Are they designed to be easily misplaced??

That's cheaper than most other fully wireless pair of earbuds. 

AirPods -- $160 (5 hours)

Earin's -- $250 (2.5 hours)

Bragi Dash -- $300~ (3 hours)

Bragi's new cheap model -- $150~ (6 hours)

Samsung Gear iconX -- $200 (3.5 hours)

And as far as I'm aware, the Airpods are the only ones that have a mic. So you're getting better battery life, and a very useful feature (a mic) for less than most of the competition. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

17 hours ago, Kimmers said:

Matte Black is an all new color and Apple isn't charging any extra for that so that throws that theory out the window.

but the black model doesn't look as good as the jet black

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

3 minutes ago, pit5000 said:

but the black model doesn't look as good as the jet black

that's a totally subjective thing. Apple didn't raise the cost of the rose gold or the gold iphone when that came out. Jet black costs more to make and Apple's pricing reflects that. Nothing in between the lines here.

How can people defend Apple's decision to include an adapter instead of headphone jack in first place? Tell me this again when you use iPhone and lose the adapter or even forget it in the car, in other pant, on desk. You will see what a brilliant decision this was :) 

Even worse option are lightning headphones. Good luck using those with other thousand of billion devices on he planet. What was Apple's unreasonable number of their devices that have lightning connector?

This is a dealbraker for me. How can I charge my iPhone and listen to music on headphones? If they would've put in a battery for two days then ok. But like this it's just STUPID.

Something was said about how we live in a wireless world and still use cables for headphones. What about wireless charging Apple?? I guess they have to leave something for next year ;) This year they bring IP67 4-5 years after others major smartphones, next year maybe wireles charging.

P.S.: People bit*hing about water resistance / water proof (on Samsung and Sony)
IP67 is up to 1m for 30minutes

IP68 is up to 1,5m for 30minutes

So all phones will survive your showers in spills. Dont go swimm with either of them.

1 hour ago, vrabec said:

How can people defend Apple's decision to include an adapter instead of headphone jack in first place? Tell me this again when you use iPhone and lose the adapter or even forget it in the car, in other pant, on desk. You will see what a brilliant decision this was :) 

Even worse option are lightning headphones. Good luck using those with other thousand of billion devices on he planet. What was Apple's unreasonable number of their devices that have lightning connector?

This is a dealbraker for me. How can I charge my iPhone and listen to music on headphones? If they would've put in a battery for two days then ok. But like this it's just STUPID.

I don't think it's a matter of defending it so much as tempering emotions.

Tech enthusiasts (especially on forums) like to speak in hyperbole and obsess over even the smallest details.  If you took many fans at their word, entire companies would live or die based on their screen-to-bezel ratio.  The truth is that many of these things don't matter as much as we think they do.

Does the absence of a headphone jack create limitations?  You bet.  It's going to be problematic for some people. Is this a matter of life or death for most people, or Apple as a whole?  Nope.  Most people will plug their headphones into the adapter and carry on.  And there will probably be an adapter that includes both a headphone jack and a Lightning passthrough so you can charge while you play.  Sucks that you'll have to pay $20-30 (most likely) to get back that functionality, but it's not going to be gone forever.