GTX vs Quadro for productivity pc

Sahil10416
Go to solution Solved by SuchIlluminati,

Quadro's are just normal desktop GPU's but with more and ECC RAM and they are more durable. For example, the Quadro M5000 and the GTX 980 use the same GPU but the Quadro has more memory (8 vs 4GB).

I am planing to build a productivity pc with a X99 mobo, 64gb ddr4 ram, i7-6900k procesoor. I use 3ds max, maya etc. type of heavy softwares. All i need to know is that should i go for two gtx-1080's in sli or a single quadro m5000 (no other graphics card recommendation plz) ???

There's nothing special about the Quadro cards other than they're built for better long term reliability (both in longevity and errors) and by default do everything with greater precision (which means it makes it look more pretty, I guess, unless you're doing compute work).

So if you're doing mostly graphical workloads, then no, there's no real difference. If you're doing compute work, get a Quadro, it'll save you headache in the event something happens.

22 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

There's nothing special about the Quadro cards

But...But...24gb of ram.....

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

If that makes a difference in your programs then sure, get it.

I think Minesweeper can use up to 24gb of ram...but i'm not sure....

Quadro m5000 has only 8gb ddr5. Do you guys think that it can do 3d rendering faster than 2 1080's in sli ? ....I just want a graphics card that is faster for my work.

Quadro's are just normal desktop GPU's but with more and ECC RAM and they are more durable. For example, the Quadro M5000 and the GTX 980 use the same GPU but the Quadro has more memory (8 vs 4GB).