What's Your current Tech Hardware Priority?

I am in the middle of debating whether to get a 144Hz monitor or a backlit mechanical keyboard.  I am leaning towards the monitor though.

New GPU def. Brother is giving me a 3570k which is more than enough for what I need and I have working ram/power supply/etc...

I wanna change out my graphics card cause I have the a 960, but I'm pretty sure any graphics card I get will mean I have to upgrade my power source... 

A Corsair Sabre RGB to complete match my RGB K70 and Void Wireless.

Or, if it counts, realistically it'd be a new laptop. Something that will work for starting school in January.

I want a 100 foot Thunderbolt-C  optical cable,  that has a single copper wire for power.   And i want it to come in the form of a "box"  that plugs into your pc's type C port and the wall.   That box  will contain the laser and put voltage on the wire to send 100 feet to its matching dock on the other end.  And it should have minimal latency.... 

Ok to wish right? 

GPU's are my top priority at this time. 32GB of RAM comes in second. I'm thinking about foregoing a 4K panel in favor of getting a second GPU to run in SLI for games and having two for my 3D rendering tasks, as Blender and 3ds Max has renderers that can utilize any CUDA compute devices available in the system.

The GPU's in question are a pair of Nvidia Titan X Pascal GPU's. An SLI HB Bridge will be thrown in there as well, and I may buy another Asus PB238Q to expand my monitor real estate _happybounce__by_jamal1-d2z8g7f.gif.

When I do finally get a 4K display, the potential is there that there will be OLED displays. So I hope I'm making the right call and putting that money that would have been spent on a monitor in favor of another GPU. 

Edited by JurunceNK

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

On 9/3/2016 at 5:14 AM, Tech_Dreamer said:

What'll be the next first thing that you'd buy as of now if the money you need came for it in exact amount you wished but for one hardware alone  , Please state only One hardware alone (or make it an either options)

Example & My addition to the thread:

For me  It'll either be a  GPU or a  mechanical keyboard

gpu -> -> h100i v2 -> mech keyboard -> delid kit -> case

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

More RAM.  Didn't think I'd ever run into this problem when I built my computer.  But I suppose I didn't plan to be using so many applications at the same time 3 years ago.  I'll probably go for a full 16GB replacement over my current 8GB.

On 3 September 2016 at 10:33 AM, ThinkWithPortals said:

Well, atm I'm troubleshooting why my PC's wifi is acting up, so very possibly a pair of powerline adapters in the next few hours :P

Aside from that, there's literally nothing that needs upgrading. 4690K, RX 480, 16GB RAM, nice monitor, mech keyboard... I'm set :D

Start a thread about your wifi problems and I will help you fix it because I used to have the problem too 

also so my addition would be a 21:9 high refresh rate monitor don't mind if 2560x1080 or 1440p

CPU: R5 3600 @ 4.4 GHz

RAM: 16GB DDR4 @ 3200 MHz

GPU: RTX 2080 Super 

Next in line for me might be an AMP+DAC.

Thinking about the Schiit Jotunheim.

Monitor all the way

AMD FX 6300 @ 4.6 Ghz CRYORIG H7 Asus M5A97 PLUS | HyperX Fury 8 GB DDR3 | PNY CS1311 120gb SSD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM EVGA GeForce GTX 950 Superclocked NZXT Source 210 Black EVGA 500B Logitech G Pro HP K3500 Wireless Keyboard |

I would like a couple of 1 tb ssds. 

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

On 9/3/2016 at 11:32 AM, Praesi said:

Exclusives are Cancer...stupid they want go this way.

In all likelihood VR is going to be the next Console War

As for a hardware upgrade I would replace the GTX310 in my work machine

New GPU. I need that GTX 1070, dammit.

I think it would be a new laptop for school, that or a new monitor.

Temporary using a Dell Inspiron 14" laptop:

CPU: Intel Core i5 6200U | Memory: 8GB DDR3 | GPU: AMD R5 M315 2GB  | Storage: Western Digital 1TB 5400RPM

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k | Motherboard: Asrock H61M-DGS | Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 | GPU: MSI GTX 650Ti Boost 2GB | Case: NZXT Source 210 | Storage: Samsung 1TB HDD | PSU: Seasonic X-Series 650W