What's Your current Tech Hardware Priority?

GPU since I just got a 4k monitor on the cheap.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

A new laptop. I'm a student again at (almost) 30, so I'm shopping again. Trouble is, I'm taking a considerable hit on my salary to do this master degree, so I can't spend as much as I'd like. I was taking a look at the Microsoft Surfacebook, since I enjoy graphic design, and that re-positionable screen, almost-lagless pen, really speak to me. Especially since I started using OneNote a lot.
But a side of me thinks I might be better served with the Dell XPS 13 for the same price. And the laptop is more serviceable than the surface book, which is closed shut. I need a fast CPU for STATA (statistics software), and I'd like some really good battery life. A nice keyboard would be a great perk too, since I expect to be writing a lot on it.

Either a good mechanical keyboard (never had one) or a 30"+ monitor

My next upgrade will be my storage, I have a old Sandisk 120GB ssd and two 1TB Samsung HDD's that are a couple of years old... so yeah. That's it for now I guess :P

CPU: i7 4770K @4.2Ghz  |  Corsair H100i V2  |  ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark 1  |  32GB Corsair 1600Mhz  |  GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G  |  Cooler Master Silent Pro 850 Watt

Does a new gaming notebook count as one piece of hardware? For me personally, a notebook is the best solution for gaming.

I need a new GPU, hands down that's way higher priority than anything else.  Next would be a monitor... can't really even think of anything after that.  I'd pretty much have to be just given funds and forced to upgrade something to go further :D 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 9/3/2016 at 9:09 PM, zelix said:

New motherboard. Stuck on the ancient LGA775 platform which is finallly showing its age. Time to get modern ^_^

my first build which is now maybe 6 months old is a LGA775, my only complaint is that used QX9650s are still over $100.00 and no joking for my answer to the OP is a QX9650.. or a gpu that is well.. not a GT610 (hindsight)

2 minutes ago, jonnylaw13 said:

my first build which is now maybe 6 months old is a LGA775, my only complaint is that used QX9650s are still over $100.00 and no joking for my answer to the OP is a QX9650.. or a gpu that is well.. not a GT610 (hindsight)

Lol, i have a Q6600, which has help up until the last couple years. Now it bottlenecks the newer GPU's :(

On 9/3/2016 at 2:14 AM, Tech_Dreamer said:

What'll be the next first thing that you'd buy as of now if the money you need came for it in exact amount you wished but for one hardware alone  , Please state only One hardware alone (or make it an either options)

Graphics Card to complement the build in my signature, and some form of dedicated NAS box, like a Synology or QNAP box.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

A 4k Blu Ray Player in Whatever SHape that Comes in Just a Standard 4k Player or an Xbox One S...i Have a BDXL Blu Ray Player is my Desktop now but They Dont Play 4k blu Rays as of yet

Just now, zelix said:

Lol, i have a Q6600, which has help up until the last couple years ago. Now it bottlenecks the newer GPU's :(

i started out with a E7300 i believe (in a dell optiplex) swapped it out for a Q6600, bought a second Q6600 for my other pc, fried both PCs within a few hours of each other, then i said to hell with it and built one, then swapped out the Q6600 for a Q9400. now im hunting a QX9650 non-xenon mod

A new GPU, or better peripherals... My mouse tracking isn't consistent and frequently causes me to click on the wrong button.

On 9/3/2016 at 4:14 AM, Tech_Dreamer said:

What'll be the next first thing that you'd buy as of now if the money you need came for it in exact amount you wished but for one hardware alone  , Please state only One hardware alone (or make it an either options)

Example & My addition to the thread:

For me  It'll either be a  GPU or a  mechanical keyboard

If hardware is defined loosely, it would have to be a new amplifier, followed in close second by a pair of these to replace my aging Mojos.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

Mine is sorta mundane, I wouldn't mind a new sling bag or something for work. My current bag is a little bit to big. If it had it be a piece of computer related gear, I would have to get a set of network power line adapters

Definitely new GPU, but I'm waiting for the HBM2 cards from nVidia & AMD.

New iPhone SE, 64GB model.  My current iPhone 5S' power button doesn't work, and the lightening cable I have to jiggle to get it to charge.  I don't really want to buy a new phone or even a cheap Android phone because I prefer iOS.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

GPU - saving up for GTX 1080.

i7 5960X OC 4.40Ghz II GTX 1080 Asus Stryx II X99S Gaming 7 MSI II 16GB Vengence DDR4 II 250GB Samsung 850 II 3x 1 TB HDD WD II 

Designer by Heart, Gamer by Blood

Send me a PM if you want a custom Profile Pic or Background!  --

If you like what I made you , share it with everyone In this thread Here!

well its not exacly tech but it is a main part of the system. i saw a desk last week that i just fell in love with and would match my setup soooo well. White, Corner unit, Glass topped with a cut out on the outer corner for a tripple monitor mount :D Smexy (cant post a pic unless i got back to the shop its in and take one. i cant find it online)

I need a good keyboard ASAP. Since I spent a lot last month and had to get one on the cheap I went with the cheapest possible.

I still regret it but since I needed it I still use it.

Either that or a new controller. While I love my DS4 using it on the pc with the X360 prompts is annoying

Either a Predator X34 or a new platform once I see where Zen stands (that is, if a platform counts as one component).

On 9/3/2016 at 0:47 PM, SamStrecker said:

The new Tesla Titan. 2 of them this time or 4 depending on jobs and stuff.

... "Tesla" Titan?

On 9/3/2016 at 2:30 PM, Synth3D said:

I am waiting to see what games are offered first, besides the second generation of the consumer edition will be better.

I like the ergonomic design of the Oculus Rift but if HTC Vive sign the better exclusives of the two, I will definitely consider the Vive over the Oculus Rift.

The second generation of VR headsets likely won't happen for a little while. HTC/Valve and Oculus have said, if I recall, that they'll stick with the current hardware for a couple years at least. There may be other new companies in that time, but... Well, not yet.

As for exclusives, the Vive won't technically have them, or at least it won't if Valve is being honest (which they usually are). The reason so many Vive games won't work on the Rift is because the Vive has a large-scale motion-tracking interface that the Rift doesn't (though *perhaps* will), not because it's artificially locked down.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.