Buying GPU oversea

Bcat00

Since i made the mistake of thinking the pound was the euro, the price is exactly the same as most cards in canada.

Now here's my second question.

Would i need to pay HST when it gets over to Canada, or is whatever i pay at amazon.uk everything with no strings attached?

So i live in canada and we don't carry the palit 1070 cards, hence the reason why i decided to order it from the UK amazon site. I was shocked to find out despite the shipping and custom charges, the price only yielded CAD$576.23. In the Canada, the lowest price i've seen for a 1070 is around $580 and that's not even included with tax yet.

Did i exclude some charges here that i should be aware of by having it shipped from the UK to Canada? 

weird but I've seen gpu as low as $540. I don't know how you search for gpu that low but lowest in amazon (for palit) is around 400 pounds which is around $700 cad

Yep, that's the link i used. On the front page it shows higher, but when i do checkout it only says  £393.05 . I'm guessing because i'm delivering to Canada i don't have to pay VAT?

5 minutes ago, Bcat00 said:

Yep, that's the link i used. On the front page it shows higher, but when i do checkout it only says  £393.05 . I'm guessing because i'm delivering to Canada i don't have to pay VAT?

still 393 is converted to cad as 700

you sure? i just went to your link for conversion and it showed $552.86 instead. That's even lower than the google conversion i used.

k nvm i just realized i've been converting in euro. Just remembered UK left the EU. My bad.