Is there a way to not get 9 day F@H task?

I got this little beast on my R9 280 and well, I dont fold 24/7 and only fold/boinc a bit each day, is there a way to stop this kind of projects coming through? Its a tad too long. Or is it bad calculation? I cant remember running F@H on this computer for ages.

Spoiler

Untitled.png

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

That 9d estimate is wrong. You have to wait a few % to complete before it get's accurate. You'll soon see that time going down to.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Just now, Imakuni said:

That 9d estimate is wrong. You have to wait a few % to complete before it get's accurate. You'll soon see that time going down to.

Thanks, it looked kinda scary. Its down to 20 hours already, phew.

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

how long has the job been running?

My gtx970 often gets jobs that show 7 days at first and then come down to 10 hours or so.

Just now, GEHORC said:

how long has the job been running?

My gtx970 often gets jobs that show 7 days at first and then come down to 10 hours or so.

Only like a minute now, its gone down already. I am kind off new to this and never seen that before (In my 1 million points alteast)

My PC:

Spoiler

26 minutes ago, CookiezFort said:

Only like a minute now, its gone down already. I am kind off new to this and never seen that before (In my 1 million points alteast)

Don't worry, everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) that plays with F@H eventually gets that little jump scare.

What can I say... welcome to the club, we hope you enjoy your stay B|

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

And just to follow up, there is no way to exclude or otherwise influence what work units you might, or might not, get.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

2 hours ago, Whaler_99 said:

And just to follow up, there is no way to exclude or otherwise influence what work units you might, or might not, get.

Can't you abort WU to get new ones (and get banned in the process)?

10 hours ago, Imakuni said:

You can abort a WU that is very large (in file size) while its downloading by simply killing the task.

You can also limit the (file-)size of the WUs with some slot options but that doesn't work properly.

The problem is, that the file size not really correlates to the duration of that WU.

I have had WUs that were 80mb and took 3 hours on my 970 and others were 25mb and took way longer.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/31/2016 at 9:45 PM, Imakuni said:

Exactly - you can do this. Shortly though you'll stop getting QRB's which will impact your score more than anything. And if continued, yes, your IP will be banned.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99