iPhone 7 to have a 32GB base model

Original artical 9to5 Mac

Alleged prototype device info sticker reaffirms 32 GB base storage for iPhone 7 - 9to5Mac
https://apple.news/AaUjAmqC8QoCShQ0P4RKFIA

although it's just a rumor and a leak, this looks promising. 

Perhaps Apple has finally heard our demands for higher base storage (or watched any episode if WAN show? Lol) because it is lookinf like the iPhone 7 will come with a minimum of 32 GB storage, presumably with the NVMe controller featured on the iPhone 6s.

These same rumors also state that the high end will be a 256 GB model, something I'm sure will cist an arm and a leg.

Im just hoping the release of the 7 will push down the price of the 6s for monthly contract cost so I can get that sweet sweet 64gb 6s

Just now, SuperShires said:

-snip-

Always in time to do so ^^

Groomlake Authority

Yeah, it's not like we have quite a couple of $400 smartphones with a 64GB base model. Pff, who needs that? Peasants.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

1 hour ago, Nineshadow said:

Yeah, it's not like we have quite a couple of $400 smartphones with a 64GB base model. Pff, who needs that? Peasants.

Nah mate, why would you pay less for more?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Lol, they're just getting 32GB as a base, I've been sitting on 64GB with my Note 7 and have just been downloading shit galore

more than 32GB base storage is a gimmick 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 minute ago, suicidalfranco said:

for now, everything is getting bigger and using more space. 

The funny thing is that there was a 32gb model of the iphone 6 and 6s. A few Apple Store in NYC had them as their displays models. I'm willing to bet that they still release a base 16gb model.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Watch the base price increase accordingly to match or exceed previous 32gb models.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

10 hours ago, SuperShires said:

Im just hoping the release of the 7 will push down the price of the 6s for monthly contract cost so I can get that sweet sweet 64gb 6s

To be honest, I'm considering the same thing. My Nokia Lumia 830 on Windows 10 Mobile is buggy as shit. I've been eyeing a new phone (Galaxy S7 (non edge), OnePlus 3, or Axon 7 were my initial considerations). I didn't even consider an iPhone because with non-expandable storage, I won't even consider a 16GB model. Even a 32GB model gives me pause. I currently have a 64GB MicroSD card in my Lumia 830. If I could get a 64GB iPhone 6s on the cheap, I would seriously consider it. I also don't want to have to deal with inconsistent Android phone updates, and I have ZERO interest in dealing with custom roms, flashing, or rooting.

6 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

I disagree.

On phones that have MicroSD expandable storage, I agree. On phones that have no expandable storage (eg: iPhones, the phones discussed in this very thread), then more is better.

Granted, I suppose your point was that the base model should start at 32GB. And I agree, since there are some users who will never download lots of apps and will never put much music or video on it, and thus wouldn't even fill up the 32GB in question.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

To be honest, I'm considering the same thing. My Nokia Lumia 830 on Windows 10 Mobile is buggy as shit. I've been eyeing a new phone (Galaxy S7 (non edge), OnePlus 3, or Axon 7 were my initial considerations). I didn't even consider an iPhone because with non-expandable storage, I won't even consider a 16GB model. Even a 32GB model gives me pause. I currently have a 64GB MicroSD card in my Lumia 830. If I could get a 64GB iPhone 6s on the cheap, I would seriously consider it. I also don't want to have to deal with inconsistent Android phone updates, and I have ZERO interest in dealing with custom roms, flashing, or rooting.

I disagree.

On phones that have MicroSD expandable storage, I agree. On phones that have no expandable storage (eg: iPhones, the phones discussed in this very thread), then more is better.

Granted, I suppose your point was that the base model should start at 32GB. And I agree, since there are some users who will never download lots of apps and will never put much music or video on it, and thus wouldn't even fill up the 32GB in question.

My space gray 64GB 6S will be for sale soon lol I always get $400-500 for an unlocked phone, and do a DTU restore plus have the buy pop in their sim. They also get the box and a newish cable/wall wart. I end up spending a couple hundred or less a year to have the latest iPhone without the shitty base storage. Well worth it to me. 

1 minute ago, Belmont31R said:

My space gray 64GB 6S will be for sale soon lol I always get $400-500 for an unlocked phone, and do a DTU restore plus have the buy pop in their sim. They also get the box and a newish cable/wall wart. I end up spending a couple hundred or less a year to have the latest iPhone without the shitty base storage. Well worth it to me. 

why not just expand the storage with a micro SD?

wait nvm.... only good phones can do that

2 minutes ago, Belmont31R said:

I've never purchased a used phone before - always slightly weary about that, given potential issues, and in most cases, the phone being off warranty.

My roommate bought both of her last 2 iPhones (a 16GB 5s, followed by a 32GB 5) used and both had issues. Her current 32GB 5 has a shit battery (though we might swap the battery in her old 5s that is not doing anything).

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

5 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

why not just expand the storage with a micro SD?

wait nvm.... only good phones can do that

Expandable storage does not a good phone automatically make.

There are plenty of absolutely terribly shit Android phones with expandable storage. Lacking expandable storage on the iPhone is certainly a downside, no doubt, but that does not make the iPhone a "bad" phone. Hardware wise, it's quite nice, with an excellent screen, a very fast processor (Which while having less cores, rivals the speed of the latest Qualcomm SoC's), and a very slick and premium feeling physical body.

Not everyone likes the aesthetics of the iPhone, but to be sure that's personal preference, and you cannot deny that many people feel that the iPhone is, rightfully so, a "good" phone.

I wish Apple would add expandable storage, because that would make it an even better piece of hardware.

6 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I've never purchased a used phone before - always slightly weary about that, given potential issues, and in most cases, the phone being off warranty.

My roommate bought both of her last 2 iPhones (a 16GB 5s, followed by a 32GB 5) used and both had issues. Her current 32GB 5 has a shit battery (though we might swap the battery in her old 5s that is not doing anything).

You can run Coconut Battery on a Mac and see exactly what the current battery status is on any iOS device while it is plugged in. But if this was recent my guess is an iPhone 5 will need a battery replacement, and I would do it through Apple. 5>5S>6>6S you are looking at a 4 year old mobile device almost 5 year old (next couple of weeks). An Apple Store battery replacement or 3rd party is not really out of the question to keep it going. 

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

never said that :P though imo I don't consider a phone any good without it.

the only reason apple is moving from 12gb to 25gb because it looks better on paper so they can sell more phones.

apple has been up marking storage prices and screwing the consumer before the iphone even existed, i'm sorry apple but unlike a lot of people I'm able to realise it doesn't cost $400 more to have the largest capacity on offer. 

2 minutes ago, Belmont31R said:

You can run Coconut Battery on a Mac and see exactly what the current battery status is on any iOS device while it is plugged in. But if this was recent my guess is an iPhone 5 will need a battery replacement, and I would do it through Apple. 5>5S>6>6S you are looking at a 4 year old mobile device almost 5 year old (next couple of weeks). An Apple Store battery replacement or 3rd party is not really out of the question to keep it going. 

Why would I need to take it to Apple to replace the battery? That seems like a senseless waste of money. The iPhone 5 and 5s should share the same battery model, thus allowing me to simply remove the battery from the 5s, and plop it into the otherwise working iPhone 5.

9 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

There are plenty of absolutely terribly shit Android phones with expandable storage. Lacking expandable storage on the iPhone is certainly a downside, no doubt, but that does not make the iPhone a "bad" phone. Hardware wise, it's quite nice, with an excellent screen, a very fast processor (Which while having less cores, rivals the speed of the latest Qualcomm SoC's), and a very slick and premium feeling physical body.

Not everyone likes the aesthetics of the iPhone, but to be sure that's personal preference, and you cannot deny that many people feel that the iPhone is, rightfully so, a "good" phone.

I wish Apple would add expandable storage, because that would make it an even better piece of hardware.

I bought a 1 TB USB WD drive long ago, and I have simply never felt the need to have a ton of storage on my phone. 

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Why would I need to take it to Apple to replace the battery? That seems like a senseless waste of money. The iPhone 5 and 5s should share the same battery model, thus allowing me to simply remove the battery from the 5s, and plop it into the otherwise working iPhone 5.

5 does not equal 5S, and if you want plug n play batteries you have very limited options even with Android. If an iPhone 5 is still plugging along besides the battery capacity being diminished with use I don't see why a factory battery replacement is such a big burden. If you don't want a factory battery theres a ton of Ebay/Amazon/WTF replacements.