When are you part of PC master race?

When are you part of PC master race?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. When are you part of PC master race?

• When you have a PC
    • When you have a PC/MAC/Linux
    • When you actually have a dedicated Mid-High Level Graphics Card
    • When your screen is 720p+
    • When you play more than facebook games / Solitaire card game.
    • When you have an overpowered PC, that can handle all new games at 60 FPS on 1440p
    • When you don't have a girlfriend.
    • When you have man titties
    • When you watch Linus Tech Tips
    • When your beard/moustache is longer than Lukes
    • When you don't own a playstation / Xbox
    • When you force your friends to sell their consoles and play on PC.
    • When 59%+ your daily calories come from Pizza

25 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Owning a PC and playing games on it. I would count someone playing solitaire and facebook games as a PC Gamer, sure.

So my Mom is a Gamer then :D 

no facebook games tho, but a good share of solitaire, mahjong, farmscapes and other "match 4" kind of games.

On 8/30/2016 at 5:27 PM, Minibois said:

When you have a PC that is at least mid level and you game on it. I think those are kind of the criteria, but fuck that. PCMR is a weird thing thought of by people to prove their superiority, so if you have enough confidence you can be in the PCMR.

Am I allowed to disagree with that statement? What your saying is by having my C2D and g105M laptop back in 2008-2014 means I wasn't part of the PCMR? :P 

And yes I know this comment is like 1 and  half months old xD 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

On 9/3/2016 at 10:09 PM, Godlygamer23 said:

When you have a poor attitude towards other platforms, i.e. that you are an actual separate race from other gamers and think you're somehow superior to them when you're not. While I believe PC is a superior platform, it doesn't make me superior, and therefore I do not associate myself with the so-called "PC master race."

Agreed. 

4 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Am I allowed to disagree with that statement? What your saying is by having my C2D and g105M laptop back in 2008-2014 means I wasn't part of the PCMR? :P 

And yes I know this comment is like 1 and  half months old xD 

No of course you can't disagree with me. Are you insane? My opinion is the only one that should be allowed! >:( 

/s

But in the grand scheme of things, a Core2Duo with a dedicated GPU would have been mid end in 2008-2012 probably. You also game on it, so you would have been in the PCMR by my definition.

Plus, as I said it's just a thought, not a real title.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Along as you notice the PC is superior, and mean it, you're a PCMR in my eyes.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

When you try a console and find it a genuinely unplayable experience. The "master race" implies a kind of elitism (I like to call it "standards"), not merely ownership or preference.

When you understand that PC is more poweful and you get more from it for the same money. (games, software, work,...)

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

When your PC gives you the succ

When you systematically hunt down console gamers and bludgeon them to death with their consoles while they beg for merc........Stop screaming John! Cant you see your coughing blood everywhere. 

JK

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

Anyone who plays games on a PC.  Doesn't matter laptop or desktop.  Custom or pre-built.  They got to be at least playing something like WoW or MOBAs, but there ya go.  

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

On September 3, 2016 at 3:17 PM, M.Yurizaki said:

This answer I could not agree any more with.

I see the "PC Master Race" as a subculture of PC gaming that's just toxic and full of people with an inferiority complex. I equate the "PC Master Race" the same as those who rice out their Honda Civics thinking they'll earn "street cred." 

My thoughts exactly!  Every time I hear that term it annoys me to no end because the people that use it seem to have nothing better to do than be obnoxious and attack anyone who plays on consoles or doesn't have a PC that measures up to some bs idea of a "master race" PC.  

These "master race" people give PC gamers a bad name and I wish the idea would die off quickly so we can be rid of it.

2 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

My thoughts exactly!  Every time I hear that term it annoys me to no end because the people that use it seem to have nothing better to do than be obnoxious and attack anyone who plays on consoles or doesn't have a PC that measures up to some bs idea of a "master race" PC.  

These "master race" people give PC gamers a bad name and I wish the idea would die off quickly so we can be rid of it.

I would like to point out that being married and having a woman in bed every night is something to be more proud of than believing you are superior than all others just because you are spending loads of money and time on an object.

38 minutes ago, CaptainSav916 said:

I would like to point out that being married and having a woman in bed every night is something to be more proud of than believing you are superior than all others just because you are spending loads of money and time on an object.

That's definitely things to be proud of.

Now if only I had either...  ?

When you're a narcissistic, condescending, patronising, elitist, toxic member of the PC community.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

On 9/3/2016 at 3:09 PM, Godlygamer23 said:

When you have a poor attitude towards other platforms, i.e. that you are an actual separate race from other gamers and think you're somehow superior to them when you're not. While I believe PC is a superior platform, it doesn't make me superior, and therefore I do not associate myself with the so-called "PC master race."

Pretty much agree.

This video sums it up. :P

On 10/18/2016 at 8:26 AM, JoeyDM said:

Owning a PC and playing games on it. I would count someone playing solitaire and facebook games as a PC Gamer, sure. I would say that the phrase you're looking for is "enthusiast".

Probably enthusiast PC gamer would be a better term.

I'm a enthusiast of PC hardware and electronics in general, but hardly of gaming on them.  Could care less what the little bit of gaming I do is on.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

15 hours ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

When you're a narcissistic, condescending, patronising, elitist, toxic member of the PC community.

Hahaha xD

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

When you understand that the PC is objectively better.

BUT you also have to understand that to use a PC to its full potential, you need skill and time to archive that.

And you have to understand that some people don't have the skill, the time, or something else that makes a console a better option for them.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

3 hours ago, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

Hahaha xD

Wasn't joking.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

i believe you are a part of the pc master race when you understand the benefits of a pc/mac/linux, can utilize a pc/mac/linux on a more technical level than the average user and have a basic knowledge of how a computer works.

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

When you start playing major titles on a PC with decent hardware at decent settings and can't go back to consols.

On 10/20/2016 at 4:56 PM, SlipperyPete said:

i believe you are a part of the pc master race when you understand the benefits of a pc/mac/linux, can utilize a pc/mac/linux on a more technical level than the average user and have a basic knowledge of how a computer works.

Are MAC/Linus really a part of the PC-Master-Race?

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

2 hours ago, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

Are MAC/Linus really a part of the PC-Master-Race?

If you really want to get right down technical on the term PC (Personal Computer).

Then tablets, smartphones, laptops, handheld gaming devices, consoles, etc. are personal computers.  As a computer can take many forms.  Heck, a server, router, switch, NAS, SAN, etc. are computers, but fine tune to other tasks.

MAC/Linux are just OSes, not the actually hardware of the computer itself.  Plus, yes, you can game on those.  You probably won't have the same amount of games such as a computer running a Windows OS.  But hell, even a Windows OS can't natively run old MS-DOS games.

Whole reason I shake my head at these so called platform wars.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

In all honesty I find this whole PCMR circlejerk more annoying and sad than anything.

Liquid cooling since 2002.