When are you part of PC master race?

When are you part of PC master race?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. When are you part of PC master race?

• When you have a PC
    • When you have a PC/MAC/Linux
    • When you actually have a dedicated Mid-High Level Graphics Card
    • When your screen is 720p+
    • When you play more than facebook games / Solitaire card game.
    • When you have an overpowered PC, that can handle all new games at 60 FPS on 1440p
    • When you don't have a girlfriend.
    • When you have man titties
    • When you watch Linus Tech Tips
    • When your beard/moustache is longer than Lukes
    • When you don't own a playstation / Xbox
    • When you force your friends to sell their consoles and play on PC.
    • When 59%+ your daily calories come from Pizza

Terry Crews has made a video about joining The PC Master Race.

But when are you REALLY part of the PC Master Race?

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

When you have a PC that is at least mid level and you game on it. I think those are kind of the criteria, but fuck that. PCMR is a weird thing thought of by people to prove their superiority, so if you have enough confidence you can be in the PCMR.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

When you have man titties

CPU: I7 5960X @4612 MHZ/1.325Vcore | Cooler: Full custom loop | Mobo: Asus X-99A | GPU: 2 EVGA 980 TI Classifieds | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GBs 3200 MHZ | Storage: Samsung SM951 512 GB M.2 Drive, Mushkin Eco2 512 GB SSD, Muskin Chronos 480 GB SSD | PSU: Corsair HX 1000i | Case: Fractal define R5 | Monitor: LG 34UC87M-B

When you have a PC and do anything more than facebook games on it... Who cares the OS (although fuck OS X really hard)?

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

PCMR is a joke anymore. 

Who cares what system you game on. If you enjoy playing video games, cool. 

I remember being a little kid and playing on a Nintendo, then the SNES, N64. All those now "nostalgic" systems.

Then I got my first PC, sure it was eMachines, but I still played Dungeon Keeper and Diablo on it. Those were my first PC games there, now I can't even get them to work with GoG.

3 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

PCMR is a joke anymore. 

Who cares what system you game on. If you enjoy playing video games, cool. 

I remember being a little kid and playing on a Nintendo, then the SNES, N64. All those now "nostalgic" systems.

Then I got my first PC, sure it was eMachines, but I still played Dungeon Keeper and Diablo on it. Those were my first PC games there, now I can't even get them to work with GoG.

What is GoG?

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

13 minutes ago, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

What is GoG?

Good old Games.. They sell old games that are supposed to work with newer OS's.

They've got all those old games and some new ones. All are DRM free.

When you have a poor attitude towards other platforms, i.e. that you are an actual separate race from other gamers and think you're somehow superior to them when you're not. While I believe PC is a superior platform, it doesn't make me superior, and therefore I do not associate myself with the so-called "PC master race."

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

When all you do is circle jerk about how PC is better and if anyone says anything remotely positive about console you lynch them.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

6 minutes ago, niofalpha said:

When all you do is circle jerk about how PC is better and if anyone says anything remotely positive about console you lynch them.

This answer I could not agree any more with.

I see the "PC Master Race" as a subculture of PC gaming that's just toxic and full of people with an inferiority complex. I equate the "PC Master Race" the same as those who rice out their Honda Civics thinking they'll earn "street cred." 

I think the bar for entry is low. Once you understand the limits of a console (framerate, 4-year-old hardware, resolution, only usable for gaming), and can grasp the basics of PC components/their limits (knowing not to put Crysis 3 on max settings on a 750ti, for example), then I think you're in.

My Build, "Helios"

CPU: 5950x with Noctua NH-D15

GPU: MSI 2080ti

Case: BE QUIET! Dark Base 900 Pro

Storage: Samsung 970  pro 500gb (boot drive), unknown 2tb Seagate drive, 4tb WD Black drive

PSU: Corsair HX1000i

RAM: (4x8) Trident Z RGB

Remote PC Starter Kit

On 9/3/2016 at 10:17 PM, M.Yurizaki said:

This answer I could not agree any more with.

I see the "PC Master Race" as a subculture of PC gaming that's just toxic and full of people with an inferiority complex. I equate the "PC Master Race" the same as those who rice out their Honda Civics thinking they'll earn "street cred." 

Haha, it's hard to argue against that xD

1 minute ago, JoeyDM said:

When you're a self-righteous toxic dick towards other people because you take something that was started in satire seriously. 

You paraphrased what I wanted to write here.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

When you know and accept that a pc is much better than a console and you fully ascend by mainly using/building a pc

Let me put it this way: My wife and I had a Xbox 360 in our room and we used it as a media centre, but I got so tired of the quirks and lack of control over the Xbox that I ended up replacing it with a PC, after just a few weeks. I can have YouTube, Twitch,  Netflix,  any music app, and Steam IHS or any game open all at the same time, and I can do more,  take that you silly XBox 360.

On 9/3/2016 at 1:09 PM, Godlygamer23 said:

When you have a poor attitude towards other platforms, i.e. that you are an actual separate race from other gamers and think you're somehow superior to them when you're not. While I believe PC is a superior platform, it doesn't make me superior, and therefore I do not associate myself with the so-called "PC master race."

Your signature is great ;)

ip52yTc.jpg

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

You're part of the master race when you enjoy playing on PC. Hating on others for playing on console brings you back down to peasant status again. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Off topic (question wise) but I really like how Mr. Crews is getting invol ved with the pc scene to better bond with his son. That he also enjoys it and wants to pursue it further is just a bonus.

He is a very likeable guy and keeps getting better in my book.

14 hours ago, QueenDemetria said:

Your signature is great ;)

Of course you would say that.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

• 1 month later...
On 6.9.2016 at 5:57 PM, JoeyDM said:

When you're a self-righteous toxic dick towards other people because you take something that was started in satire seriously. 

I still take it as satire - because c'mon!!!! there is so much other shit to hate on than choice of gaming device.

like publishers / devs not bothering to release a decent port because half-assed is good enuff in their opinion

or stupid 13 yo kids with bad language and behavior all over online servers of games they should not be allowed to play anyways according to ESRB - and thats happening on console AND PC - how about hating on them for a change ?

but yeah ... since "PCMR" might be taken the wrong way, let me change the wording of that question: what does it take for a person to qualify as a PC gamer?

"playing any kind of games on a PC" by itself does obviously not cut it because "any kind" would also include solitaire and facebook games - so where is the line ?

1 minute ago, KenjiUmino said:

"playing any kind of games on a PC" by itself does obviously not cut it because "any kind" would also include solitaire and facebook games - so where is the line ?

Owning a PC and playing games on it. I would count someone playing solitaire and facebook games as a PC Gamer, sure. I would say that the phrase you're looking for is "enthusiast".