D-sub to hdmi?

Djesur Feim

Hi guys.. my friend bought a new PC but without hdmi slot. So i tried to fix it with a hdmi/d-sub adapter. But it says no connection between the PC and the monitor.

IMG_20160830_164547.jpg

IMG_20160830_164547.jpg

d-sub as in VGA? if so... Analog VGA to digital HDMI is impossible

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

[PC#1] Log: [Link] [PC#2] Log: [Link] F@H stats: [Link]

Just now, HrutkayMods said:

what should u do then

1 minute ago, HrutkayMods said:

Could try an active vga to hdmi converter.

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

Just now, Hero7750 said:

true that's possible

1 minute ago, Djesur Feim said:

what should u do then

well first are we really talking VGA or DVI?

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

true that's possible

well first are we really talking VGA or DVI?

it has both dvi and vga

your pic links are broken btw

your pic links are broken btw

it was a jus a photo of the adaptor

5 minutes ago, Hero7750 said:

what's that?

well, it may not have the conversion stuff in it (aka the giant black box part) you'll need to get a converter box... lemme see if I can find an example for you

2 minutes ago, Djesur Feim said:

the first one.. bit stil nothing

The cable could be broken. I had a vga to hdmi one once, it was dead on arrival. Try getting a replacement cable.

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

well, it may not have the conversion stuff in it (aka the giant black box part) you'll need to get a converter box... lemme see if I can find an example for you

i just have that 

IMG_20160830_165740.jpg

Just now, Djesur Feim said:

i just have that 

IMG_20160830_165740.jpg

the pictures you are trying to post are broken

My Main PC:

3 minutes ago, Djesur Feim said:

i just have that 

IMG_20160830_165740.jpg

yeah I still cant see the picture...

here's a possiblity

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=6191&gclid=Cj0KEQjw3ZS-BRD1xu3qw8uS2s4BEiQA2bcfM4nApBwPuRHt6sE__MQUJqIYArrs8o04pAc_q5BNwEwaAt-P8P8HAQ

though it appears you can get small adapters now (didn't know about that til now) but this should work

1 minute ago, HrutkayMods said:

yeah I still cant see the picture...

here's a possiblity

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=6191&gclid=Cj0KEQjw3ZS-BRD1xu3qw8uS2s4BEiQA2bcfM4nApBwPuRHt6sE__MQUJqIYArrs8o04pAc_q5BNwEwaAt-P8P8HAQ

though it appears you can get small adapters now (didn't know about that til now) but this should work

so that wont work 

https://www.hama.com/00054569/hama-hdmi-converter-for-vga

My Main PC:

3 minutes ago, Djesur Feim said:

it could maybe but it'd have to do all the analog to digital conversion in that little black box with no external power. and it might be able to and the monitor doesn't like the signal... but if it isn't... it's probably a bad adapter. the box I linked you to does every thing in a seperate powered box, and as far as the monitor is concerned it thinks it is plugged into something like a blu-ray player

Just now, Djesur Feim said:

shouldnt be mine good as well.. i just plug it and then nothing :(

its probably broken, try contacting wherever you got it from and get a replacement 

My Main PC: