Notebook freezes access point

iKatoz

I bought an Acer VN7-592G-7303 notebook and when it's connected via WiFi it freezes randomly the access point. Other devices can no longer connect to the WiFi and the access point is no longer reachable through the web UI. The only way to make it work again is to turn it off and on again. The notebook has a Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A wireless network adapter, I'm sure that the problem is this computer because the access point stop working only when I'm using it (for example, while I was writing this Topic).

Is there a way to solve this problem? Thanks

Sorry if my english isn't perfect

Gaming PC

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K @3.50GHz Cooling: Corsair H80i Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 780 Motherboard: ROG MAXIMUS VI HERO RAM: Corsair 16GB @1600MHz PSU: Corsair AX760 SSD:Samsung 840 EVO 250GB HDD:Western Digital Black 1TB Headset: Logitech G930 Wheel Logitech G27

iMac Mid 2011

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i5 @2.70GHz Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512MB RAM: 8GB @1067MHz SSD: Samsung 845 EVO HDD:Western Digital Red 2TB  

What kind of access-point is it (brand and model) and have you updated it to the latest software? It shouldn't crash, even if the wireless client is doing something "bad".

• Quindor from the Intermittent Technology blog (intermit.tech) and YouTube channel (Intermit.Tech)
  • Organizer of LAN-parties (1100 people) The Party and CampZone (~2000 people)
  • Officially a senior storage expert, un-officially a networking expert, besides all of that enjoys lots of different computer related subjects
  • Aspiring video maker! ;)

It's a TP-Link Archer D5 with the latest firmware. 

Gaming PC

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K @3.50GHz Cooling: Corsair H80i Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 780 Motherboard: ROG MAXIMUS VI HERO RAM: Corsair 16GB @1600MHz PSU: Corsair AX760 SSD:Samsung 840 EVO 250GB HDD:Western Digital Black 1TB Headset: Logitech G930 Wheel Logitech G27

iMac Mid 2011

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i5 @2.70GHz Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512MB RAM: 8GB @1067MHz SSD: Samsung 845 EVO HDD:Western Digital Red 2TB  

Does it always crash randomly or are you able to figure out a pattern (other then it's this laptop). Will it run correctly if the laptop doesn't connect for let's say 2 or 3 days?

What channel width have you set on the access-point? Could you try setting it to different widths (usually there is 20, 40 and 80) and see if that makes a difference?

When other devices such as your phone generate a lot of traffic (Speedtest for instance) does that all work correctly?

Have you tried hooking up your laptop only wired (Disable wireless on your notebook) and test if it still crashes that way?

Sorry to drop a lot of questions on you, just trying to give you things to test!

• Quindor from the Intermittent Technology blog (intermit.tech) and YouTube channel (Intermit.Tech)
  • Officially a senior storage expert, un-officially a networking expert, besides all of that enjoys lots of different computer related subjects

I can't figure a pattern and I can not even see the log of the access point becouse it delete them every time you turn it off. The connection works perfectly but when the computer is on after 10-20 minutes the access point stop working (only that, the rest of the network continues to function).

Channel width is set to auto and it crashes only when it's connected via WiFi

Gaming PC

Spoiler

iMac Mid 2011

Spoiler

Still, please take a look at all the tests I highlighted. Even if they seem meaningless, they each give you a piece of information with which we can form a conclusion to what is causing the problem.

When you say the access-point stops working but the rest of the network continues. Does that mean the access-point is a pure access-point, not a router? You have a separate router and everything going through it (I presume cabled) all keeps working?

I have the ISP provided modem and a computer with pfsense. There are 2 interfaces, one for the LAN and the other for the access point.

Currently I've tried to transfer a file over the local network and download games while whatching Youtube but it seems ok. From now on i check the time at which I turned it on

Gaming PC

Spoiler

iMac Mid 2011

Spoiler