The situation at Tek syndicate

spartaman64
40 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Personally I would say give it another day so that Wendell and Logan can talk it out, and wait for an update.

I feel like many people here are shitting on them after only seeing part of the story.

Remember folks, don't judge someone based on the chapter that you walked in on. Logan may well be entirely at fault, or maybe he is sincere in his apology.

I'd like to wait for the entire truth to come out before I burn him at the stake.

Those of us who follow TS already had strong feelings even before this kicked off. Logan has now shown himself to be what we all thought he was. 

I'm willing to let him explain but I hope he realises we don't have to choke on his bullshit if we don't want to, his behaviour over this debacle (and Pistols behaviour too) has been nothing short of ridiculous and I'm sure by now it's been pointed out to him by many people how ironic it is for one of the NSAs largest critics and a privacy and freedom of speech advocate to start banning people who disagree with him and call him out over his non transparent use of donated funds in an effort to silence them. 

Did you know that Pistol received a private message (some sexual thing I believe) on Discord and because they refused her admin powers (because Logan told them to keep it unofficial) she decided to post the message publicly then tell the sender to go and commit suicide. She even had the cheek to defend herself by saying if she was admin she could have banned him but because she wasnt her only course of action was to attack him in public. 

Logan and Pistol are both showing classic signs of cocaine usage, huge inflated egos and huge aggression with total denial that they did anything wrong or had any blame in anything. 

19ovh7.jpg

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 hour ago, Bouzoo said:

I haven't been monitoring this topic since I know nothing about them, but those mentioned highlights are just... not ego-trip highlights? Sure, some may be, but when you take stuff out of context, (almost) everything sounds like the ultimate ego-trip, and some even then don't sound like that. Once again, I know nothing about them and what kind of people they are, but as far as I'm concerned (as an outside viewer), those highlights (mostly) don't even sound like ego-tripping.

Just saying. 

Logan has always been a big drama queen, always had an agenda. The only reason the channel got as big as it did was Wendell. He's always brought a balanced and well documented point of view to every discussion, while Logan was basically repeating everything he read in articles and making edgy "jokes" about thin foil hats and Big Brother. If you read the two sides of the story Wendell basically said "I'm done, it was fun while it lasted" and Logan posted afterwards nostalgia-baiting and excusing himself by saying "I'm an artist, I can't be held accountable for not knowing how to run a business, LOL"

I watched every episode of THE TEK since 0080 or something like that, every saturday morning (GMT +2) that was part of my routine, WAN Show and THE TEK, in no particular order, so I noticed the drop. The bigger they got, the shallower the content on the main channel.

26 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

19ovh7.jpg

This.  Take a look at the last episode of the Tek.  I personally have past experience with people like this and it really seems like Logan was pretty tweaked, beyond just his personality.

This really bums me out, I was supporting them on Patreon, I loved the content.  I really hope Wendell does his own thing, I'd be more than happy to support that.

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

Personally I would say give it another day so that Wendell and Logan can talk it out, and wait for an update.

I feel like many people here are shitting on them after only seeing part of the story.

Remember folks, don't judge someone based on the chapter that you walked in on. Logan may well be entirely at fault, or maybe he is sincere in his apology.

I'd like to wait for the entire truth to come out before I burn him at the stake.

There's no explanation, no excuse, no possible apology to explain his attitute towards his fans and coworkers: censorship, bans, removing the entire goddamn forums. It was very clearly not a technical issue at all.

Sorry but you're wrong: There is no way to trust someone like that again with money people donate out of their good will and desire to help: FUCK HIM.

-------

Current Rig

-------

6 minutes ago, Danks said:

This.  Take a look at the last episode of the Tek.  I personally have past experience with people like this and it really seems like Logan was pretty tweaked, beyond just his personality.

This really bums me out, I was supporting them on Patreon, I loved the content.  I really hope Wendell does his own thing, I'd be more than happy to support that.

I have personal experience of it. Until about 6 years ago I was using multiple substances and I immediately recognise his behaviour because it's exactly how I was. 

Luckily for me I lost my job and home through it and had no choice but get off it, either that or it would have ended badly for me. That happening was the best thing that could of happened because now I've got a new home, I've completed multiple diplomas and I now have the best job I've ever had so this might not be a bad thing (assuming I'm right about him) if he uses it to change his life for the better. 

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

It might be for the wrong reasons but I really like their merchandise so I hope everything works out

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

3 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

I agree. I haven't been following the situation (didn't even know there was one until just now) as I don't regularly follow TekSyndicate, so what I've read with the two responses is about the most of my knowledge.

I think you can chalk up most of Logans "Mistakes" to being very inexperienced with business management. And possibly simply not having a knack for it.

I think Logan needs to hire a really good business manager who can take control over the day to day business nitty gritty details, and make sure things like accounting and payroll and communication between offices all goes off without Logan having to think about it.

I hope he can convince Wendell to stay on, and that the two of them can come to a reconciliation. I don't really know much about the sitation with Qain, but I can't say I was a particularly large fan of Qain anyway. If Logan is to be believed, Qain wanted more say (and to be a partner), but was hired for other tasks that he ended up not wanting to do.

Perhaps I'm still not fully informed about everything, but that's the feeling I got after reading both Logan's and Wendell's responses.

But... But... This is the internet, man.  Logic and reason online?!  You cra-cra!  9_9

My PC specifications are in my profile.

1 hour ago, Misanthrope said:

There's no explanation, no excuse, no possible apology to explain his attitute towards his fans and coworkers: censorship, bans, removing the entire goddamn forums. It was very clearly not a technical issue at all.

Sorry but you're wrong: There is no way to trust someone like that again with money people donate out of their good will and desire to help: FUCK HIM.

to be fair he apologised about his attitude and he said it was because he is frustrated at the time which I understand. there are days were I am so irritated that i nip at anyone who talks to me

Just now, spartaman64 said:

to be fair he apologised about his attitude and he said it was because he is frustrated at the time which I understand. there are days were I am so irritated that i nip at anyone who talks to me

Hey if I yell at someone, if I am rude, sure apologize. If I have a complete and utter fucking meltdown "apologizing" is disengenious and hypocritical. The only apology that's acceptable is he basically saying "I'll fucked up" and stop making videos altogether.

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 hours ago, SurvivorNVL said:

They lost nearly a hundred patreon backers.  The damage is done.  Let's see if more go.

I am surprised that they have only lost ~100. That's only ~10% (they have about 900 left).

3 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Normally, I would agree with you, but the PR damage has already been done.

There is so much logically sound evidence on the side of the "incomplete" story, and the first hand accounts are all over the place without answering any actual questions.

There are people who have distrusted Logan from the beginning, and that is that. There, however, are also some of the most die-hard supporters of Tek Syndicate who are at his neck now.

That tells me that something is very very wrong, and the whole story is even worse than what we know at this time.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

I'm guessing he realized he needed the money for cocaine, so he discovered it was a mistake messing with the source of his income hence the poor attempt at salvaging what he can.

5 minutes ago, Colonel_Gerdauf said:

Normally, I would agree with you, but the PR damage has already been done.

There is so much logically sound evidence on the side of the "incomplete" story, and the first hand accounts are all over the place without answering any actual questions.

There are people who have distrusted Logan from the beginning, and that is that. There, however, are also some of the most die-hard supporters of Tek Syndicate who are at his neck now.

That tells me that something is very very wrong, and the whole story is even worse than what we know at this time.

Could be.

However, since I'm an outsider with little opinion of The Tek one way or the other, I'll just wait for the fallout, and see how everything sits after it settles down a bit.

Also, on a side note: In my first post when I said I don't like Qain very much - I mistook him for some other guy on their team (some skinny guy who basically just looked like an idiot that didn't know what he was talking about at all). I actually don't know anything about Qain at all other than the fact that he's the sunglasses guy lol.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Those of us who follow TS already had strong feelings even before this kicked off. Logan has now shown himself to be what we all thought he was. 

I'm willing to let him explain but I hope he realises we don't have to choke on his bullshit if we don't want to, his behaviour over this debacle (and Pistols behaviour too) has been nothing short of ridiculous and I'm sure by now it's been pointed out to him by many people how ironic it is for one of the NSAs largest critics and a privacy and freedom of speech advocate to start banning people who disagree with him and call him out over his non transparent use of donated funds in an effort to silence them. 

Did you know that Pistol received a private message (some sexual thing I believe) on Discord and because they refused her admin powers (because Logan told them to keep it unofficial) she decided to post the message publicly then tell the sender to go and commit suicide. She even had the cheek to defend herself by saying if she was admin she could have banned him but because she wasnt her only course of action was to attack him in public. 

Logan and Pistol are both showing classic signs of cocaine usage, huge inflated egos and huge aggression with total denial that they did anything wrong or had any blame in anything. 

19ovh7.jpg

This is the type of cancer that is part of the problem.  Bunch of idiots making shit up with no evidence.  Spending the money on drugs? Please provide proof of this, if not, grow the hell up.

6 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

I'm guessing he realized he needed the money for cocaine, so he discovered it was a mistake messing with the source of his income hence the poor attempt at salvaging what he can.

Have any proof of this?  My guess is no and you're just spouting off nonsense. 

4 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

I think you can chalk up most of Logans "Mistakes" to being very inexperienced with business management. And possibly simply not having a knack for it.

He still de-admined and de-modded everyone and took down his forums...

I think pistol took home the trophy for mishandling the situation lol

Just now, steven4570 said:

Have any proof of this?  My guess is no and you're just spouting off nonsense. 

Oh noes, the rescue brigade has arrived :( 3 posts - two of them in this thread. Not a good sign.

The guy messed up big time and is irresponsible. I'm sorry if you still think your hero is worthy of worship. Alas, there is no redemption here. This is beyond repair. If you have been in the Youtube scene this long and you still can't figure out how to conduct your business, then it's better to let it die than cling to it like a piece of driftwood.

PS. If you act that erratically, then you're either on drugs, have mental issues or at the very least have economic problems on the scale of "I'm thousands in debt and I'm about to be kicked out onto the street". None of which lends itself to conducting a business where you rely on the goodwill of others. You need to be mindful, respectful and dependable; of which he is not. He let his audience and his sponsors down. Nothing else to say on the matter.

17 minutes ago, steven4570 said:

This is the type of cancer that is part of the problem.  Bunch of idiots making shit up with no evidence.  Spending the money on drugs? Please provide proof of this, if not, grow the hell up.

Go away and spend the next hour or two watching Logan over the past few years. Its blatantly obvious his demeanour has changed dramatically over this period, most noticeably over the last 6 months or so, as someone else stated, he seems "wired". 

If you read my other posts you'll see I've been there myself and I recognise these signs and his recent behaviour from my own experiences. Its text book drug abuse behaviour, I'm fine, I've done nothing wrong, everyone else is to blame, it wasn't me while at the same time being hugely arrogant, aggressive and compromising his own integrity. 

It's entirely possible I'm wrong and there's something else going on but IN MY OPINION that's the most likely situation here. 

Aside from that, you're accusing me so you got any evidence I'm wrong? 

Just now, Trixanity said:

Oh noes, the rescue brigade has arrived :( 3 posts - two of them in this thread. Not a good sign.

The guy messed up big time and is irresponsible. I'm sorry if you still think your hero is worthy of worship. Alas, there is no redemption here. This is beyond repair. If you have been in the Youtube scene this long and you still can't figure out how to conduct your business, then it's better to let it die than cling to it like a piece of driftwood.

PS. If you act that erratically, then you're either on drugs, have mental issues or at the very least have economic problems on the scale of "I'm thousands in debt and I'm about to be kicked out onto the street". None of which lends itself to conducting a business where you rely on the goodwill of others. You need to be mindful, respectful and dependable; of which he is not. He let his audience and his sponsors down. Nothing else to say on the matter.

Yes, i don't post here often.

I never said I thought he was a hero, I've not stated my opinion one way or the other.  I'm merely stating that every needs to grow up and stop spouting off crap you have no clue about, any evidence of, and have only a small portion of what transpired.  I mean seriously, people actually believe that he spent it on drugs and hookers, making crap up. just insane.  The lack of common sense and grasp of reality among a lot of people talking about this truly amazing.   Wait for the storm to die down, let the parties work things out, let more info come on, then form your opinion, like a sane, educated person.

So basically both logan and wendell are inept at business. Neither bother to communicate and both suck with money.

1 minute ago, steven4570 said:

Yes, i don't post here often.

I never said I thought he was a hero, I've not stated my opinion one way or the other.  I'm merely stating that every needs to grow up and stop spouting off crap you have no clue about, any evidence of, and have only a small portion of what transpired.  I mean seriously, people actually believe that he spent it on drugs and hookers, making crap up. just insane.  The lack of common sense and grasp of reality among a lot of people talking about this truly amazing.   Wait for the storm to die down, let the parties work things out, let more info come on, then form your opinion, like a sane, educated person.

Now hang on, your really claiming it's abnormal for an entertainer making big money to start taking cocaine? 

And we're the uneducated ones?

The best guess is there's somewhere around $100K missing from the coffers, care to explain where you think it's gone then? Also no one mentioned hookers. 

5 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Go away and spend the next hour or two watching Logan over the past few years. Its blatantly obvious his demeanour has changed dramatically over this period, most noticeably over the last 6 months or so, as someone else stated, he seems "wired". 

If you read my other posts you'll see I've been there myself and I recognise these signs and his recent behaviour from my own experiences. Its text book drug abuse behaviour, I'm fine, I've done nothing wrong, everyone else is to blame, it wasn't me while at the same time being hugely arrogant, aggressive and compromising his own integrity. 

It's entirely possible I'm wrong and there's something else going on but IN MY OPINION that's the most likely situation here. 

"Aside from that, you're accusing me so you got any evidence I'm wrong?"  No one has any evidence of anything in this regard, you don't accuse people of something without proof and then chalk it up to, "you dont have any evidence stating I'm wrong so i can say wahtever"  if you don't understand why thats pure fuckery, clearly you have weird ways of thinking. 

10 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

I think wendell or someone would have noticed if that's the case

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

Now hang on, your really claiming it's abnormal for an entertainer making big money to start taking cocaine? 

And we're the uneducated ones?

The best guess is there's somewhere around $100K missing from the coffers, care to explain where you think it's gone then? Also no one mentioned hookers. 

Please provide a link that 100k has gone missing as I have not seen this as of yet.  Also, neither i nor you have access to the books.  You don't know how much salaries are paid, rent, taxes etc.  

Go look at the forums on tek and comments on youtube videos if you want to see the hookers accusation. think there were at least 2 or 3 comments i say on there saying this.