The situation at Tek syndicate

spartaman64
6 hours ago, ZakuII said:

Chill, man. Just sharing some random shenanigans with this debacle. All these assumptions and arguments aren't healthy for anyone. 

But why necro a thread that hasn't been posted in, in over two weeks, if you have nothing new to contribute?...

I haven't payed attention to TS in like a year, I remember watching The Tek used to be lit.
anyone got a TL;DR - esque thing for this whole situation?

I make bad life decisions.

20 minutes ago, Northstorm said:

But why necro a thread that hasn't been posted in, in over two weeks, if you have nothing new to contribute?...

But why be hurt over a joke that was clearly made to stray people from all these negativities in life that isn't really needed to be paid close attention to in the first place?

But why is it that when you joke on a thread that clearly you have an interest in too because you were also a fan at some point in time, people will point out that you're just necroing a thread when you just wanna share something too? Not even hurtful or offending? Just something that may stray others attention to keep away from bad things? 

Why oh why....I have no idea... May someone save my soul....

8 minutes ago, lkarej said:

I haven't payed attention to TS in like a year, I remember watching The Tek used to be lit.
anyone got a TL;DR - esque thing for this whole situation?

Logan said (Tek 244 IIRC) that they might need to get money from the fans to further ongoing stuff. Wendell Questioned Logan where the money (of TS) went since there was really no reason to ask for more money. Logan didn't say the reason (at least not directly). Pistol Joined the fray. Said allegations about Deus Qain and Wendell. Qain and Wendell quit TS. 

19 hours ago, imreloadin said:

Well considering you have to pay for cable and you don't have to pay to watch YouTube videos they really aren't the same thing.

Except this is partially about people who have given their money to TS.

1 minute ago, ZakuII said:

Logan said (Tek 244 IIRC) that they might need to get money from the fans to further ongoing stuff. Wendell Questioned Logan where the money (of TS) went since there was really no reason to ask for more money. Logan didn't say the reason (at least not directly). Pistol Joined the fray. Said allegations about Deus Qain and Wendell. Qain and Wendell quit TS. 

ok thanks

wendell was my favorite

didn't know much about qain other then his spicy cookies

I make bad life decisions.

6 hours ago, ZakuII said:

Qain quit TS. Wendell and Logan are possibly working something out. What the extent of that is, I don't know, but Wendell did not "quit" TS like Qain did. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

6 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Except this is partially about people who have given their money to TS.

Well payment wasn't required to view the content so it's not like you're actually paying for it. You're kind of just giving them money hoping that they do something content wise with it. This is why I don't ever do anything with Patreon, it's kinda like the YouTube version of Kickstarter.

8 hours ago, ZakuII said:

-Snip-

What? I never followed Tek. nor do I care about them what-so-ever, I honestly think the only video of theirs I have watched is about Qnix/Overlord monitors for when I was researching my current Qnix monitor?

I was just asking why there was a need to necro a thread that has been gone for 2 weeks, especially since it doesn't seem like there has been any developments what so ever? I really don't care about this thread or the subject of it, I just wanted to point out that you were kinda necro'ing, because most of the time, people who necro, don't really realize that they did it.

9 hours ago, Northstorm said:

What? I never followed Tek. nor do I care about them what-so-ever, I honestly think the only video of theirs I have watched is about Qnix/Overlord monitors for when I was researching my current Qnix monitor?

I was just asking why there was a need to necro a thread that has been gone for 2 weeks, especially since it doesn't seem like there has been any developments what so ever? I really don't care about this thread or the subject of it, I just wanted to point out that you were kinda necro'ing, because most of the time, people who necro, don't really realize that they did it.

I was pertaining to myself as a fan, you silly man :)

In all honesty, I was aware I was necro'ing this thread. I just thought to myself that instead of making a new thread about the situation at TekSyn, why not just post on an already existing thread which A) not locked liked the previous one; and B) Not so much as an old thread yet since there wasn't any notice below (by the time I posted the joke) that it was already an old thread.

Unless of course there was already a notice, I wouldn't post on it. :) 

11 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

Qain quit TS. Wendell and Logan are possibly working something out. What the extent of that is, I don't know, but Wendell did not "quit" TS like Qain did. 

I hope so too, man... I hope so too.

But seeing that he's already arranging his office (wendell tron channel), I'm getting the impression that he already did. 

I may be wrong. I wish I'm wrong. 

I both liked Logan and Wendell. Qain too. Sadly, Qain already moved on.

On 28-9-2016 at 3:18 PM, MEC-777 said:

Yes they are still working things out.

Basicly whats happening, is that Logan wants to keep everything at a central office.

So he hired some one to help him with running the buisness at the office,

so that he can continue to focus on creating content mainly.

What Wendell´s future role will be is yet to be seen.

But he didnt quit indeed, because he basicly is a partial owner of the company.

As far as the forum is concerned, that is all still under Wendell´s stewardship, but mainly controled by the moderators.

But that is basicly how it allways has been, so there is nothing changed there for now.

For the rest, people who want to know more about the current situations, could allways visit the TS Forum for more information.

I think that this topic could pretty much be locked by now. :)

Wait, people are still talking about this thread? Was there something new in the last week I missed?

Nothing new for a while now. Time to lock this down. If more info surfaces, someone can make a new thread. ;)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS