The situation at Tek syndicate

spartaman64
1 minute ago, Valermos said:

They are well aware of what is going on.... Linus personally locked the other thread and said they have no comment on the matters @ TekS.

OH, no I don't doubt that they don't know about it, I'm just surprised no-one has said that yet. 

- snip-

5 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

I'm surprised that a single person has tagged Linus or Luke or nick to hire Wendell yet. Guess they're too busy flaming. 

im not sure if the LTT format would fit him that well. his videos seem to be more minimalistic and to the point

5 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

im not sure if the LTT format would fit him that well. his videos seem to be more minimalistic and to the point. 

I'm not saying that they should hire him (he really just doesn't suit)  but That No-ones suggested the idea yet. 

- snip-

8 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

I'm surprised that a single person has tagged Linus or Luke or nick to hire Wendell yet. Guess they're too busy flaming. 

I really don't think Wendell meshes with the LTT crowd. They're even more unprofessional and "silly" then Logan was (in general, not referencing this specific incident).

But LMG has EXCELLENT management. Linus and Yvonne do a fantastic job, and I credit Yvonne with most of the hard lifting on the back-end administration of the company.

One thing that has been bothering me about this thread and the one that got locked: People commenting on Pistol, and questioning her relationship with Logan and saying bullshit stuff like "Don't ever involve your romantic partner in your business". Claiming things like she's spending company money or that TS is giving her a free ride, etc.

What the fuck? Pistol is paid a salary. WHAT SHE DOES WITH THAT SALARY IS NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS. Her relationship, whether intimate or not, IS ALSO NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS. This isn't games journalism. She isn't a journalist and he isn't a game dev, nor vice versa. If she and Logan both share rent at an apartment or house, who the fuck cares? Again, none of our business.

Most small businesses are co-managed by the husband and wife owners.

She might have said stupid stuff and she might not be likeable (I don't know her or anything about her, so I have no comment on her character or likeability - I frankly never even heard of her before this incident). But that doesn't matter. Comment directly on those things, if you must. But let's not make up bullshit like somehow she's a conflict of interest in the company.

I'm taking the firm stance of "wait until the dust settles". The amount of "pulled this out of my ass" bullshit being spread is insane. Like some dude randomly joking that maybe Logan was taking drugs somehow turned into a bunch of forumers now take it as fact that he's addicted to Cocaine. Like seriously? Fucking hell, you guys are adding EVEN MORE DRAMA to this shitstorm then was there already.

As for the transparency and the money? NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS. Even if you're a Patreon backer, that does not give you the right to know anything about their finances. They can voluntarily tell us, if they want (But they shouldn't - seriously, business finances are not a public discussion). But they have no obligation to do so. A Patreon backer backs because either they like the community, or for the specific "goals". If those goals aren't being met, it doesn't give you the right to demand their financial information. If you aren't satisfied with your Patreon donations, then YOU SHOULD STOP DONATING.

Man, I would have thought more people would look at this calmly and rationally, but I guess not.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

8 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

As for the transparency and the money? NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS.

You were being reasonable up until this point: As I said before, if you're telling people you're out of money and heavily implying you might start asking/collecting from the community again then the question of "You've got no fucking content WTF is going on that you're out of money?" becomes actually everyone's business. I understand you disagree but they don't get a free pass to do whatever you want if you're taking money contributed for the company and using it for personal expenses. Not even when you initially do it because of a home office set up. Particularly not when even your business partner is asking you "This doesn't adds up, what's going on, whats with the frivolous charges to the company credit card" and so on.

And by the way, Wendell asked and because of the extreme overreaction decided to make such questions public, it certainly and absolutely is his fucking business seeing how he owns 30% of the comany. So at worst you could criticize Wendell for making such questions and posts in the public, however even that I would find hard to fault him for since people where accusing his company  of mishandling resources something he felt morally obligated to address. I cannot fault him for that tbh.

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

You were being reasonable up until this point: As I said before, if you're telling people you're out of money and heavily implying you might start asking/collecting from the community again then the question of "You've got no fucking content WTF is going on that you're out of money?" becomes actually everyone's business. I understand you disagree but they don't get a free pass to do whatever you want if you're taking money contributed for the company and using it for personal expenses. Not even when you initially do it because of a home office set up. Particularly not when even your business partner is asking you "This doesn't adds up, what's going on, whats with the frivolous charges to the company credit card" and so on.

And by the way, Wendell asked and because of the extreme overreaction decided to make such questions public, it certainly and absolutely is his fucking business seeing how he owns 30% of the comany. So at worst you could criticize Wendell for making such questions and posts in the public, however even that I would find hard to fault him for since people where accusing his company  of mishandling resources something he felt morally obligated to address. I cannot fault him for that tbh.

Simple. Don't donate when they start asking for more money.

Here's the key difference: You can ASK them what happened to the other money, and they can DECIDE to tell you. But you cannot "demand" it (Well I guess you can, but they don't have to listen).

He very well might have been ready to start a new fundraising campaign. But when and if that happened, people would have the opportunity to ask questions (but not demand a response), and if they don't get good enough answers?

VERY SIMPLE: Don't donate. Done. Easy.

Personally I have no stake in TS and whether they succeed or fail miserably. The only videos I've ever finished watching all the way through from them, are Logan's series of Fubar2000 tutorials (Which, were fantastic videos). I simply don't like Logan as a personality much, and never have, and none of the other members drew me in enough to be interesting.

It definitely is Wendell's business, for sure. He is entitled, but legally, and morally, to know what's going on, especially if he does indeed own a 30% stake in the company. But it should never have gone public between them.

I also see no proof that Wendell, or Logan, or Qain, or Pistol is telling the truth or lying. People are just assuming Wendell is telling the truth and Logan is lying, because that's where the community lines ended up being drawn.

Wendell might be truthful. But he more than likely doesn't know the whole truth (Well maybe he does NOW, but as of his twitlonger statement, it's obvious he's in the dark about many details).

I don't know everything that happened. But neither do any of you. What I am doing is not burning someone at the stake without a trial, so to speak. If it comes to light that everything Qain and Wendell said was true, and Logan is a liar and was stealing money to buy Cocaine, and all of this has evidence to support it? Then sure, fucking burn him at the stake.

But that has not happened. I will, as always, wait for the full truth, from both sides, to come out, before I make any judgement on Logan.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

9 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Simple. Don't donate when they start asking for more money.

Here's the key difference: You can ASK them what happened to the other money, and they can DECIDE to tell you. But you cannot "demand" it (Well I guess you can, but they don't have to listen).

AFAIK the questions on the community by mods and admins were direct but not unreasonable. We're being unreasonable in this threads here sure, as a reaction of Logan and Pistol respective meltdowns:

-"Guys we contributed a bunch of money to patreon and merchandise already, a bit of an explanation on what's happening would be good before we contribute yet again

-"FUCK YOU ALL. YOU'RE BANNED. THIS POST IS GONE, YOU CAN'T ASK ME ANYTHING, FUCK QANE! FUCKING FORUM IS GONE!" *torches the entire community*

Sorry I am not sorry I'm being an unreasonable asshole in return to their favor.

But that has not happened. I will, as always, wait for the full truth, from both sides, to come out, before I make any judgement on Logan.

As I said also:

Fact is LOGAN IS A FUCKING ASSHOLE as he behaves like one, Pistol too. This is self evident by watching his public fucking behavior. We don't need to know anything about the money to know that's not the way you treat people so FUCK HIM.

Just his reaction to this ordeal is enough for me to not care about "his side" of the argument. If you overreact to such an extend as he did you basically loose all credibility and redeeming qualities that would make me or any reasonable person want to support you in the future.

I know that guys like you are honestly just trying to be pragmatic and impartial about the entire situation and I can see the sentiment behind that being commendable even. But I think it's misguided for the aforementioned reasons stated in this post.

EDIT: Sorry I ended up editing far too much additional stuff on this post I understand if you're not able to catch all that.

-------

Current Rig

-------

21 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I really don't think Wendell meshes with the LTT crowd. They're even more unprofessional and "silly" then Logan was (in general, not referencing this specific incident).

But LMG has EXCELLENT management. Linus and Yvonne do a fantastic job, and I credit Yvonne with most of the hard lifting on the back-end administration of the company.

One thing that has been bothering me about this thread and the one that got locked: People commenting on Pistol, and questioning her relationship with Logan and saying bullshit stuff like "Don't ever involve your romantic partner in your business". Claiming things like she's spending company money or that TS is giving her a free ride, etc.

What the fuck? Pistol is paid a salary. WHAT SHE DOES WITH THAT SALARY IS NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS. Her relationship, whether intimate or not, IS ALSO NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS. This isn't games journalism. She isn't a journalist and he isn't a game dev, nor vice versa. If she and Logan both share rent at an apartment or house, who the fuck cares? Again, none of our business.

She might have said stupid stuff and she might not be likeable (I don't know her or anything about her, so I have no comment on her character or likeability - I frankly never even heard of her before this incident). But that doesn't matter. Comment directly on those things, if you must. But let's not make up bullshit like somehow she's a conflict of interest in the company.

I'm taking the firm stance of "wait until the dust settles". The amount of "pulled this out of my ass" bullshit being spread is insane. Like some dude randomly joking that maybe Logan was taking drugs somehow turned into a bunch of forumers now take it as fact that he's addicted to Cocaine. Like seriously? Fucking hell, you guys are adding EVEN MORE DRAMA to this shitstorm then was there already.

As for the transparency and the money? NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS. Even if you're a Patreon backer, that does not give you the right to know anything about their finances. They can voluntarily tell us, if they want (But they shouldn't - seriously, business finances are not a public discussion). But they have no obligation to do so. A Patreon backer backs because either they like the community, or for the specific "goals". If those goals aren't being met, it doesn't give you the right to demand their financial information. If you aren't satisfied with your Patreon donations, then YOU SHOULD STOP DONATING.

Man, I would have thought more people would look at this calmly and rationally, but I guess not.

i agree with your points on the logan doing cocaine rumor and people's attacks on pistol. but i do think donors have a right to know that their money is being used for the rights things. if people were buying stuff on their store or something yes they dont have to tell us what that money is being used for but donations are another thing. as an thought experiment if they opened up a charity saying they will give clothes to kids in africa. they better be giving clothes to kids in africa and not using it themselves and it is part of our business to know and keep them accountable. 

22 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

^Couldn't agree more with everything said here. Everyone discussing this situation needs to read the above quoted post and give it some serious thought. 

So many aspects of this whole thing has been blown out and misconstrued in every which direction. I think everyone needs to take a step back and chill. 

The sense of entitlement to private information, the need for drama and to fuel the fire as well as people judging as if they're all perfect in every way, is just ridiculous, IMO. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

5 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

AFAIK the questions on the community by mods and admins were direct but not unreasonable. We're being unreasonable in this threads here sure, as a reaction of Logan and Pistol respective meltdowns:

-"Guys we contributed a bunch of money to patreon and merchandise already, a bit of an explanation on what's happening would be good before we contribute yet again

-"FUCK YOU ALL. YOU'RE BANNED. THIS POST IS GONE, YOU CAN'T ASK ME ANYTHING, FUCK QANE! FUCKING FORUM IS GONE!" *torches the entire community*

Sorry I am not sorry I'm being an unreasonable asshole in return to their favor.

That's fine, but in that case, stop donating and unsubscribe until they have their shit together.

I think with the whole Forum thing, Logan just lost it - he was mad, frustrated, and also probably a bit panicky, since Qain had just left, and (at least this is implied) knew all the passwords.

He obviously overreacted, but frankly, I believe him about taking the forums down because he was freaking out and couldn't be bothered to fix it all properly. He basically said "fuck it, I'll take the shit down and fix it tomorrow". Not the best PR, but I can understand his reasoning.

Also, I've seen comments about people dismissing that reasoning: The FIRST THING you should do in a tech company is change all the passwords, if someone quits or is fired (or was forced to quit). So I believe that for sure. I don't know Qain, and I don't know what kind of things he might do to "get back at" Logan.

2 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

i agree with your points on the logan doing cocaine rumor and people's attacks on pistol. but i do think donors have a right to know that their money is being used for the rights things. if people were buying stuff on their store or something yes they dont have to tell us what that money is being used for but donations are another thing. as an thought experiment if they opened up a charity saying they will give clothes to kids in africa. they better be giving clothes to kids in africa and not using it themselves and it is part of our business to know and keep them accountable. 

As to your point about charities. You do realize that most major charities spend about ONE PERCENT of donations on the actual thing being donated for, like giving clothes to kids in Africa. And that is legal (somehow). Definitely not saying it's immoral, but it's totally legal to keep the other 99% of donations for "administrative overhead", etc.

Also, TekSyndicate IS NOT A CHARITY, you're donating to them as a reward for the content that they produce. No more and no less. They might do specific donation campaigns to cover specific things (eg: LTT and the New Office Move), but realistically, even in those cases, it's all a promise. If suddenly something comes up, they will spend the money where they find appropriate, even if it goes somewhere else.

If TS does not keep their promises about donations and stuff, stop donating to them.

7 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

^Couldn't agree more with everything said here. Everyone discussing this situation needs to read the above quoted post and give it some serious thought. 

So many aspects of this whole thing has been blown out and misconstrued in every which direction. I think everyone needs to take a step back and chill. 

The sense of entitlement to private information, the need for drama and to fuel the fire as well as people judging as if they're all perfect in every way, is just ridiculous, IMO. 

I agree. It's a privately run business. They don't offer publicly traded shares. Being a Patreon donater does not make you a co-owner or a shareholder or give you any authority to demand their private financial info. You certainly can ask, but they can respond any way they want - for better or for worse.

3 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

You may "think" donor's have a "right" to know, but you would be mistaken.

A charity (in the US, where both Tek Syndicate and I are located) is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization.  In fact, donors to charity actually have no right to know, either.  However, 501(c)(3) are required to declare rules (and in such may state where funding shall go) and are legally accountable to the government on those bylaws solely in order to maintain their tax exempt status.

Tek Syndicate does not fall into this category.  It is a for profit organization, and therefore has no further legal obligations regarding donations than if you were to hand the next person you see a $20 bill.  A donation is not a stock.  A stock does convey rights.  A donation conveys nothing.

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

That's fine, but in that case, stop donating and unsubscribe until they have their shit together.

I think with the whole Forum thing, Logan just lost it - he was mad, frustrated, and also probably a bit panicky, since Qain had just left, and (at least this is implied) knew all the passwords.

He obviously overreacted, but frankly, I believe him about taking the forums down because he was freaking out and couldn't be bothered to fix it all properly. He basically said "fuck it, I'll take the shit down and fix it tomorrow". Not the best PR, but I can understand his reasoning.

Also, I've seen comments about people dismissing that reasoning: The FIRST THING you should do in a tech company is change all the passwords, if someone quits or is fired (or was forced to quit). So I believe that for sure. I don't know Qain, and I don't know what kind of things he might do to "get back at" Logan.

According to what we've seen from the community and Pistol's vitriolic shit posting, that version (which I understand is his side of the story) is supremely unlikely vs just having a good old fashion melt down under the heavy community pressure. But you're entitled to your impartiality I'll give you that and discuss this no further.

-------

Current Rig

-------

5 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

According to what we've seen from the community and Pistol's vitriolic shit posting, that version (which I understand is his side of the story) is supremely unlikely vs just having a good old fashion melt down under the heavy community pressure. But you're entitled to your impartiality I'll give you that and discuss this no further.

You may very well be right - it certainly points towards that direction, but I'll hold my judgement for now. I read the new blogpost on TS Forums by Logan - it was vague but did at least say where he wants the company to go from here - and it was implied that Wendell was still up in the air.

So I'd like to see Wendell's counter-reponse to this blogpost. I basically want to see the two of them sit down together and do a PR "State of the union" video, where they have had a chance to talk it out, and then they can release what's happening.

I agree with the points that TS is a private, for profit organization that can do whatever they want to do with whatever cash flow they are getting regardless of its origin. I understand that those willing to support TS though Patreon likely did it because they are fans and want to see more/better content coming from them. I understand that many supporters felt that this was not being done and wanted to know why. I feel like being a part of the community and a big enough supporter of the content that they are actively contributing to that goal that they deserve some sort of answer from TS about what they are doing in order to accomplish those goals.

That does not, however, mean that financial information should be disclosed. Wendell, being part owner of TS, does deserve that information in private and is under no obligation to release that information to the community. Anyone that feels that they are being slighted by TS should be allowed to walk away from the organization in any capacity.

That being said, I never really enjoyed the content on the main channel (the only one I was ever subscribed to). This whole situation made me aware of the Tek Linux channel which I do intend to look though when I get the chance. For the most part only being tangentially associated with the channel and not a member of the community ( much less a member who was actively participating in funding for TS), I will not be watching videos from TS. They just don't have content that I'm interested in.

I think that this whole situation will be difficult for TS/Logan/Pistol to work though. If they do, that's great. If they don't then eh no big loss to me.

13 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

You may very well be right - it certainly points towards that direction, but I'll hold my judgement for now. I read the new blogpost on TS Forums by Logan - it was vague but did at least say where he wants the company to go from here - and it was implied that Wendell was still up in the air.

So I'd like to see Wendell's counter-reponse to this blogpost. I basically want to see the two of them sit down together and do a PR "State of the union" video, where they have had a chance to talk it out, and then they can release what's happening.

This is, as MageTank said, a small part of a rather unfortunate catch22. In order for this to be a constructive discussion within the staff, some amount of time needs to be spent behind the scenes. The problem is, the longer they delay public feedback and delay answering the very questions that started this landslide, the more fuel will be added to the fire. The patience of the normally forgiving will start to wear by that point. If they rush through the matter, that will leave people unsatisfied and, for the large part, betrayed.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

2 hours ago, Yamoto42 said:

or it would be extremely unprofessional for someone in @Sintezza's position to publicly release such information...and seeing as everyone here is roasting someone for handling a situation unprofessionally (including acts that the LTT community has so greatly pointed out could be considered by the other party as defamation) the irony is most certainly not lost on me.

Exactly, not only would it be very unprofessional for me, but it would also damage my integrity.

But yeah people dont seem to realise that.

Next to that reading trough topics like this can be realy frustrating at times.

Because its getting blowed up realy big.

Allthough i can totaly understand why some people react the way they do.

Basicly what the people should do right now is just keep calm, relax and move on.

We will see what the future will bring.

3 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

snip

3 hours ago, Yamoto42 said:

snip

im not talking about legal law I know they are not required to do so but im saying that they should do so

6 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Ltt doesn't do technical stuff... They are like the CTO (judging by the server issues, an incompetent one at that). Thinks they know the nitty and gritty, but if you ask them to harden the network, they'll make a dick joke.

The Tek Syndicate forums are full of turmoil right now. There's drama left right and center.

A majority of us over there are still continuing like normal and getting into much more appropriate discussions, but the saltiness that I have experienced, jeez...
Even talking to any of them to calm them down is like pouring liquid hot magma on top of a fire.

ShredderPC V3.5  CPU: Intel i5 3570 | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 390 | Mobo: Intel DB75EN | RAM: 16GB DDR3

ShredderPC X5450  CPU: Intel Xeon X5450 | GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 760 | Mobo: Asus P5G41C-M LX | RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333MHz

13 minutes ago, shredderman said:

The Tek Syndicate forums are full of turmoil right now. There's drama left right and center.

A majority of us over there are still continuing like normal and getting into much more appropriate discussions, but the saltiness that I have experience, jeez...
Even talking to any of them to calm them down is like pouring liquid hot magma on top of a fire.

Tell me about it - and I'm not even on the TS forums. Even here, people are so salty, and frankly, a lot (yet not all) of them are acting childish - way more than Logan, who they judge so harshly.

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Tell me about it - and I'm not even on the TS forums. Even here, people are so salty, and frankly, a lot (yet not all) of them are acting childish - way more than Logan, who they judge so harshly.

They're claiming that Logan is doing nothing but damage controlling for proprietary sake and that he doesn't care about the community what so ever.
Even after owning up to his mistakes, they still continue to spin it all back at him, it's terrible.

I just don't understand why they would pick sides and divide themselves when they're still trying to sort things out.

They said things like "We're only on Wendell's side, we don't trust Logan".

ShredderPC V3.5  CPU: Intel i5 3570 | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 390 | Mobo: Intel DB75EN | RAM: 16GB DDR3

ShredderPC X5450  CPU: Intel Xeon X5450 | GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 760 | Mobo: Asus P5G41C-M LX | RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333MHz

29 minutes ago, shredderman said:

They're claiming that Logan is doing nothing but damage controlling for proprietary sake and that he doesn't care about the community what so ever.
Even after owning up to his mistakes, they still continue to spin it all back at him, it's terrible.

I just don't understand why they would pick sides and divide themselves when they're still trying to sort things out.

They said things like "We're only on Wendell's side, we don't trust Logan".

Yes, a lot of people are furious at Logan, i am not taking sides, i am not saying what Logan did was right in taking down the site and deleting posts, but i can imagine the pressure he was under and i can understand why he did what he did.....If my company was in turmoil, the last thing i would want it a thousand people screaming at me demanding answers, everything was falling down around him, and he made mess of it...shit happens

The biggest mistake he made was letting it out into the public, this should have all been dealt with behind closed doors. 

I have no idea what will happen from here on in, their patron has halved in the last few days, they are down to $4000 a month now. it will probably go even lower, he threw up a laptop video last night, it's done 32k views which ain't bad....If he somehow starts producing the content they promised they may survive.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

5 minutes ago, super_skank said:

Yes, a lot of people are furious at Logan, i am not taking sides, i am not saying what Logan did was right in taking down the site and deleting posts, but i can imagine the pressure he was under and i can understand why he did what he did.....If my company was in turmoil, the last thing i would want it a thousand people screaming at me demanding answers, everything was falling down around him, and he made mess of it...shit happens

The biggest mistake he made was letting it out into the public, this should have all been dealt with behind closed doors. 

I have no idea what will happen from here on in, their patron has halved in the last few days, they are down to $4000 a month now. it will probably go even lower, he threw up a laptop video last night, it's done 32k views which ain't bad....If he somehow starts producing the content they promised they may survive.

I expect they'll limp along for a bit until people's short term memories expire and they have a new viewer base, they'll just act like it never happened until it becomes true.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

11 hours ago, Valermos said:

He needs to break his lease and move out of Portland... I mean "Get out of Portland and into a place that facilitates his content." 

...lol

You think he was a little tired of moving offices? xD

11 hours ago, Minibois said:

I'm sure he had planned this out for longer.. Good for him though :) Nice seeing he quickly he got started on this thing.

11 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Saw that earlier. I was kinda hoping he'd bring Wendell along, perhaps he will eventually after he finalizes and settles scores with Logan.

He seems to still be in contact with Wendell and I'm sure it was on the table, but I'm guessing Logan's ineptitude for managing a business has soured the experience for them both. I hope Qain makes it out of this fine as I'm sure Wendell will do fine since he has most of the TS community behind him.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |