The situation at Tek syndicate

spartaman64
3 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

yea pcper probably has the least shenanigans in their videos but their version of the wan show has quite of bit of joking around

Yea definitely. Paul's Hardware things are super professional imho (while not being lifeless), but when he gets together with Kyle shit gets a bit crazy... (I probably wouldn't watch Kyle if I wasn't a fan of Jay and Paul. He isn't that good imho.)

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

The issue is clearly Logan and Pistol's behavior and attitude in all this mess. I don't think most had a problem with the "unprofessional" presentation. IMO due to Wendell and Qain balancing it out (mostly Wendell)

But let the man have his opinion, it's fine, and makes a good point

I find the tek syndicate community to be more intimate and generally nicer to be in than other places.  Also going to Lan Syndicate and meeting a bunch of other industry professionals, aka adults was really nice.  The community just seems more mature.  

I've always viewed the content as similar to any other reviewer, whichever review I happen upon at the time I'll watch.  I don't seek out specific reviews, especially for video cards because they're all the same.  Channels follow the reviewers guide and talk about the points Nvidia wants them to talk about (ansel and smp talking points anyone?) so it doesn't matter who I watch.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

2 minutes ago, vicviper319 said:

The issue is clearly Logan and Pistol's behavior and attitude in all this mess. I don't think most had a problem with the "unprofessional" presentation. IMO due to Wendell and Qain balancing it out (mostly Wendell)

But let the man have his opinion, it's fine, and makes a good point

yea that is a problem but logan apologised for it and said he lashed out because he was frustrated which i get. basically i think people judged logan too harshly and wendell and logan made it clear that they are not really full out hostile towards each other they just need to talk some things out. pistol's reaction is a little less justifiable i admit

1 hour ago, exyia said:

JayzTwoCents I still do not understand why everybody watches. He's not a professional speaker or builder or...anything - I don't see what he provides. He just puts up an expensive camera (video quality is good, admittedly) and rambles. I remember when he was building skunkworks and failed to measure radiator clearances - that was it for me. I just didn't see what he was good at or interesting in providing me.

I don't really agree nor disagree with your argument here (if that made any sense at all), but I would like to throw in my own honest view. Jay provides a sort of a herpa-derp attitude with some of his videos; basically portraying himself as the idiot of all idiots. This is something that I can appreciate and is at the very least an excuse, if you wish to put it that way, to his fame. Tek Syndicate does not even provide that; with each of them (even Wendell at times) getting lost in their own haughty arrogance and pandering to a hipster cult.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

17 minutes ago, Colonel_Gerdauf said:

I don't really agree nor disagree with your argument here (if that made any sense at all), but I would like to throw in my own honest view. Jay provides a sort of a herpa-derp attitude with some of his videos; basically portraying himself as the idiot of all idiots. This is something that I can appreciate and is at the very least an excuse, if you wish to put it that way, to his fame. Tek Syndicate does not even provide that; with each of them (even Wendell at times) getting lost in their own haughty arrogance and pandering to a hipster cult.

Honestly, i just love Jay.

His reviews are tight, he seems to draw outside the lines regarding what-to-talk-about in his tech videos that most people might not think of but are relevant, and he's overall just a very affable TechTuber.

Jay's not without his faults but his arrogance and airs is nowhere near the same level as Kek Syndicate.

Too much ego-driven drivel with Logan for me to stomach.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

1 hour ago, Jstone said:

TBH show me a tech channel that is professional on youtube and no one bring up Jay got it

I can't think of a channel as a whole right off...but Wendell in general.

Just now, Yamoto42 said:

I can't think of a channel as a whole right off...but Wendell in general.

Ok Wendell yes tek syndicate (insert laugh here)

1 hour ago, spartaman64 said:

and LTT is professional? they are not angry about his format and unprofessionalism they are angry about the lack of communication which is a separate issue 

.........lack of/poor communication IS one of the core concepts to being professional.........................

55 minutes ago, Colonel_Gerdauf said:

I totally agree with that, which must be why he gets along with Barnaculues (whatever spelling) too - which sums up why I dislike him (and barn)

Just not my type of content, so I just move on.

3 minutes ago, exyia said:

I totally agree with that, which must be why he gets along with Barnaculues (whatever spelling) too - which sums up why I dislike him (and barn)

Just not my type of content, so I just move on.

Each person has his/her own favorite flavour of coffee, so fair enough.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Nice to see lots of love for Dr. Diaper. I'm sure he'll provide content of some sort sooner or later, honestly and as many said before (and well before this Drama and/or unhinged Logan and Pistol happened) I was already watching only the Wendell videos.

Hopefully he won't get dissuaded by the avalanche of drama right now (which honestly might happen by the looks of his replies and his general overal demeanor) but well S.O.S. copied: he should at least take a break/sabbatical

-------

Current Rig

-------

As a staff member moderator of TS i cannot and will go into any details about the matter.

But TS is a pretty stong community with a mind of its own.

We are strong enough to endure.

Regardless of what the hell led to this clusterfuck, it's clear that Logan has failed to take responsibility here. It doesn't matter who did what or to whom; if he wants to act as the owner and manager of the business, he needs to conduct himself accordingly. That means not engaging in a bunch of hand-waving and vague finger-pointing in lieu of actual contrition.

Views and subscription rates have been falling since January 2015. The channel is basically back at late 2013 viewership. Now, it's Logan who has not only had a meltdown, but continued to act in an evasive, immature, unprofessional manner. Particularly egregious is his mixing of personal and professional relations with Pistol. As a result, he is not in a position to rein in her current behavior, even if he wanted to. The point being, it is Logan who has turned a potentially sour situation that might have been handled internally into a very public disaster.

So, to summarize:

• Logan must make things right with his employees and the community. This means apologizing, which means taking responsibility. He hasn't done any of these things yet. At this point it isn't even clear that he even has a clue what the appropriate action is to take here.
  • Logan must change his behavior going forward. If this means getting outside help to compensate for his managerial, business, and professional ineptitude, so be it. I'm not attacking the guy on these counts. Running a business is an incredible challenge. But if Logan doesn't recognize when he's out of his depth, this kind of nonsense will just repeat itself in the future.
On 8/30/2016 at 8:59 AM, Munteanu said:

It's quite fascinating how Logan copes with all this.

His "apology" is basically a self-aggrandizing essay on how he's very deep and he's an artist (any dude with a MIDI keyboard and sequencer software is apparently a world class musician) and how Pistol has done nothing wrong ever and even though she didn't feel like doing WASD in the past she'll get on it now because she's just that great.

The whole thing reads like an angsty teen's livejournal.

Comparing the two you can really see how down-to-earth and sincere Wendell is regarding the matter, he saw the whole thing was going nowhere. He was the lesser partner in a company that had strayed far from the path laid out. 

It's sad to see them go, but watching the whole thing go down in flames seems appropriate, this is what happens when you learn nothing from your past mistakes.

Ego-trip highlights:

"...she takes her orders from me and does a good job on the editing... If you see pretty broll, she did it..."

"...I needed to find my place. Some people don't understand that..."

"...I am one of those stupid artists. I make my music, write..."

"...I did Tek Syndicate like a wild, creative entrepreneur..."

"...Money doesn't turn me on. Ideas do..."

"...he is the smartest nerd on YouTube. I'm probably the silliest..."
"
...look at our logo... the burning earth. This is us... the wild ones..."

"...I like the more creative stuff... the deeper stuff... the zanier stuff... the learning stuff... the outside of the box stuff..."

"...I'm an entertainer and I hope I occasionally make someone think deeper or look at life in a new way..."

I completely agree. His bizarre ramble just boils down to a typical not-pology. It doesn't matter if he's an artist that needs to move 20 times cross-country to find his "niche". Bottom line, he lost control of his business and then had a childish internet meltdown. Now he's continuing to beat around the bush while failing to take control of the situation.

2 minutes ago, SSL said:

I completely agree. His bizarre ramble just boils down to a typical not-pology. It doesn't matter if he's an artist that needs to move 20 times cross-country to find his "niche". Bottom line, he lost control of his business and then had a childish internet meltdown. Now he's continuing to beat around the bush while failing to take control of the situation.

Like pretty much everyone with a politician mindset. Overgrown manchild with no self control who can't take responsibility. 

1 hour ago, Sintezza said:

As a staff member moderator of TS i cannot and will go into any details about the matter.

You keep posting that disclaimer in everything you've written these past couple of days, why? I don't recall anyone demanding info from you. Unless DM's?

Not mad just curious is all

The first few pages of this thread are absolutely magical. We have baseless assumptions, entitlement to information (even if they themselves have nothing to do with the money, have not donated, or even watch the content) and people getting overemotional and attacking each other as if they actually know what they are talking about.

Allow me to simplify this for the irrational few in this thread: If you did not donate, or are not involved in any way with the situation at hand, stop pretending you are allowed to be judge, jury and executioner. 

I don't even like TS, never did. Logan has always had an over-inflated ego that existed long before these recent events, and he has always played the victim when called out on nonsense. The fact that this has suddenly become news to people is astonishing. This entire fiasco is tabloid drama at its finest. Mods/donors ask for information they are entitled to; forum gets shut down as a countermeasure, everyone completely unrelated to the drama picks it up, runs with it, and makes assumptions/passes judgement all while knowing just as much as the rest of the people that know nothing.

Is he beyond forgiveness, as some of the overly emotional people in this thread claim? That's for you to decide. Forgiveness works on a per-person basis. What you might consider a forgivable act, others may not. To tell others that X person is unforgivable is just silly. Move on people. This train-wreck is no longer on fire. You will get the information once the proper authorities sift through the debris. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

4 hours ago, exyia said:

JayzTwoCents I still do not understand why everybody watches

he has like what ? 15 years* in experience in making custom waterloops? hes pmuch an expert in that stuff and his reviews are nice and on point 

on the topic on the whole TS drama , i never really liked logan , he has some kind of unpleasant Attitude and he says we all need 200$ soundcards and 1500$ Headsets , cant trust that guy recommending me hardware 

*dont quote me on that, he said it in one of his red mist vids

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

3 hours ago, Yoinkerman said:

I find the tek syndicate community to be more intimate and generally nicer to be in than other places.  Also going to Lan Syndicate and meeting a bunch of other industry professionals, aka adults was really nice.  The community just seems more mature.  

I've always viewed the content as similar to any other reviewer, whichever review I happen upon at the time I'll watch.  I don't seek out specific reviews, especially for video cards because they're all the same.  Channels follow the reviewers guide and talk about the points Nvidia wants them to talk about (ansel and smp talking points anyone?) so it doesn't matter who I watch.

I've got to disagree with you on the tek forum community. I think it just felt that way because its a much smaller community, and thusly more intimate.

While the members, mainly wendell and quain did participate in it a lot more than a lot of other tech tuber groups, the actual members themselves where a lot more filled with, well, undesirables than any other tech community I've seen. The channel itself though was appealing to that kind of group, so I understand why those groups of people flocked there. 

It's hard to describe the sort of person I'm talking about, without sounding like a complete and total asshole. Though, I should at this point clear up what I mean a bit then, even if it makes me sound like an asshole. Wendell attracted very tech minded, and linux loving people to the community, Logan attracted the paranoid, trollish group from the general youtube and 4chan community. All of these groups together... well... I'm kind of surprised that they've lasted as long as they have. And while, okay, the community is friendly enough to its members I've seen that, but their view on everyone else is just fucking awful. Like, thats the main reason I could never get into their community. Too many of their members are straight up hardcore narcissists towards anyone not in their small community. The only other place I've seen that level of 'us or them' mentality is on 4chan. Looking at their response to other communities and members from them, is like looking at the ramblings of /r9k/.

I know I'm gonna get hate for this, but it's what I've observed, and why I could never get involved in their community past just the occasional lurk.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

1 minute ago, Space Reptile said:

he has like what ? 15 years* in experience in making custom waterloops? hes pmuch an expert in that stuff and his reviews are nice and on point 

*dont quote me on that, he said it in one of his red mist vids

He still makes rookie mistakes and such. But regardless they guy has

1) A sense of humor

2) Consistent output (It is important to basically know he will quickly review the latests GPUs. Many do but not consistently and quickly while still having a good take and decent testing (not completely comprehensive though))

3) He does, eventually, make really good looking rigs.

I don't think it's that much of a mystery to figure out why he's popular.

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 hours ago, exyia said:

.........lack of/poor communication IS one of the core concepts to being professional.........................

no you can act professional and have poor communication. ubisoft acts professional but they are terrible at communicating 

36 minutes ago, MageTank said:

The first few pages of this thread are absolutely magical. We have baseless assumptions, entitlement to information (even if they themselves have nothing to do with the money, have not donated, or even watch the content) and people getting overemotional and attacking each other as if they actually know what they are talking about.

Allow me to simplify this for the irrational few in this thread: If you did not donate, or are not involved in any way with the situation at hand, stop pretending you are allowed to be judge, jury and executioner. 

I don't even like TS, never did. Logan has always had an over-inflated ego that existed long before these recent events, and he has always played the victim when called out on nonsense. The fact that this has suddenly become news to people is astonishing. This entire fiasco is tabloid drama at its finest. Mods/donors ask for information they are entitled to; forum gets shut down as a countermeasure, everyone completely unrelated to the drama picks it up, runs with it, and makes assumptions/passes judgement all while knowing just as much as the rest of the people that know nothing.

Is he beyond forgiveness, as some of the overly emotional people in this thread claim? That's for you to decide. Forgiveness works on a per-person basis. What you might consider a forgivable act, others may not. To tell others that X person is unforgivable is just silly. Move on people. This train-wreck is no longer on fire. You will get the information once the proper authorities sift through the debris. 

I would like to ask of you one simple question: just when are we expected to get such information from proper authorities?

The thing is they delivered AN answer, although not a particular consistent or coherent one. When they are shooting their revolvers at random directions and keeping the deed inside of a thorn-laced barrel, these wild allegations are the end result. I am sorry, but in this kind of circumstance, the blame does not fall solely on the vocal or troll minorities, but rather also the original perpetrators and the singular source.

12 minutes ago, Colonel_Gerdauf said:

I would like to ask of you one simple question: just when are we expected to get such information from proper authorities?

The thing is they delivered AN answer, although not a particular consistent or coherent one. When they are shooting their revolvers and random directions and keeping the deed inside of a thorn-laced barrel, these wild allegations are the end result. I am sorry, but in this kind of circumstance, the blame does not fall solely on the vocal or troll minorities, but rather also the original perpetrators and the singular source.

That is a good question that I (or anyone in this thread) do not have the answer to. The only people that CAN answer it, are the ones directly involved in it (Logan, Wendell, etc). His own community members and forum staff do not know either, as if they did, they would not have made the thread asking the same questions. 

Will we get an honest answer? There will be plenty of variables to determine that. Can Logan get away with lying? Seems unlikely, given the response on the internet (not just this forum). Both Logan and Wendell seem open to the idea of talking to each other. As stated by Wendell in this part of his long tweet:

So I remain in a holding pattern waiting on Logan to tell me what he intends to do for my ownership exit as he staffs up replacements for us on the Tek. After talking with Qain, I have no doubt that these folks have been fed some twisted version of the facts as that is what happened from my perspective with the relationship between Qain and myself. 

For my own part of this, I am sorry it has come to this. I'm sure that I myself don't have the full picture. When logan says "all will be clear in 5 days" I have no idea what that might mean. 

This bold segment implies that he will be having some contact with Logan at some point.

Logan himself also talked about wanting to contact him:

As for Wendell and I... I will talk to him. Even if we each have our own channel I'll still support him and hopefully we can do The Tek here and there. The world needs Wendell, imo. I'm an entertainer and I hope I occasionally make someone think deeper or look at life in a new way. I hope I share culture and ideas. I hope I inspire. But, I know the world needs Wendell.

So communication between the two seems inevitable. Depending on how that goes, we will either get corroborative statements from both of them, or contradictory statements from both of them. Regardless of how it turns out, Logan is on the losing end. If his statement differs from the one Wendell makes after their talk, even ever so slightly, he will be seen as a liar. The majority have already sided with Wendell on the matter as of now. If he is truthful, the way both of them are speaking makes it sound as if they no longer wish to be in business together, meaning Logan likely loses Wendell as a partner/creator. 

I do not blame anyone for their accusations. I fully expect it in situations like these. However, one cannot bash others that have differing opinions on the situation. If you believe something is happening in this situation, say so. Just don't tell others they are wrong, in making the opposite assumption. At the end of the day, both sides know too little to be certain. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.