The situation at Tek syndicate

spartaman64
1 minute ago, steven4570 said:

The post I have read doesn't state the specifics about what I posted, If you know of the post, please link it, most of their twitter stuff has been deleted. Am I saying there isn't an issue of money? No.  But the whole 100k missing from the account and spending it drugs is the reason for my post. Plus, if you are guilty of it, posting a pic of your bank account helps your case how exactly?

if you read this

The support staff, editorial staff, and equipment costs to the company for all of my videos for 2015 that were invoiced to teksyndicate was less than $13.5k. These are only expenses to my main company that I needed to be reimbursed on, and most of that cost was a part-time student editor

right from his post

2 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

to be fair he apologised about his attitude and he said it was because he is frustrated at the time which I understand. there are days were I am so irritated that i nip at anyone who talks to me

May the gods be with you should you dare speak to me before I have my morning coffee.  If they aren't you'll be sure to meet them soon.

Think it's safe to say that most of us get where you're coming from Spartaman ;)

That said, I couldn't make much out of Logan's statement.  Was a bit long yet revealed little, disjointed, and largely about feels.  I'm keen to sit back and let those involved sort their matters; now that things have come to ahead it's unlikely that there's to be a lot of leeway to allow for much more to go awry before crumbling a great deal more.  Best thing for people to do now is get out of their hair, pick up the ball next week and see how it feels in hand then.

Post by Wendell on the forums:

Spoiler

Fellas, question.

I have seen the recent stuff posted by Pistol and I feel my integrity is in question here. I don't think the public forum is the place to really discuss this type of thing.

I am trying to finish out the last obligation I have (obligation in the sense I said I would do it, and by god, I'm going to do it) with Logan, so I asked him about all this Pistol stuff. I don't want to make Logan to be the bad guy. There are backlog videos of me you'll probably see me on the /razethew0rld channel a few more times.

Let me be clear. I think Pistol is being a (dishonest) troll and, to an extent, Logan is caught in the middle. The goal of this drama is probably to discredit me or to "stir the pot". I think the real effect will be only to be even more divisive at a time when we don't need that.

All I really want is away from the crazy, exactly this kind of crazy that I have been enduring for some time now, and some value out of my shares would be nice. I am hoping to continue to be a steward of the community and I would hope there is no doubt about the content of my character.

I did not throw a tantrum and pull the plug on the site. I am not spreading lies (proof attached).

However, please put down your torches and pitchforks, reason will rule the day.

Premise: Much of the content you have seen is from me. Some of that content is directly sponsored. That content generated direct revenue and indirect ad sales. You all know that most of my work is edited "locally." You can see the line items in the invoices are for things like hosting, travel and work.

Think for yourselves; the truth comes out in the end.

Addendum: The public forum is not really the place for any of this.

I have posted a screenshot from a recent conversation with Logan about the 70/30 split, along with invoices which reimburse me for some of the direct expenses I have incurred for travel and video. You have seen the (sponsored) computex video that I did, along with other content. The hosting fee is a monthly fee. I think this is everything paid by the company for 2016 so far though I do have a couple outstanding invoices.

For me personally, I also have other documentation including our 2014 tax returns, Schedule K1, will have the partnership breakdown in black and white. It also has a lot of other information that does not need to be in a public forum, imho. However, I will be glad publish all of the financials and documentation I have if it comes to that.

I don't believe that wading into this, whatever this is, any further is necessary at this time.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

Please remember to calm yourselves, put down your pitchforks. Reasonable minds will find a reasonable way forward. Docs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwUAnhvRhYsLV2VneEliSHBfSUk/view

The picture I posted earlier (the one where Logan says he is Steve Jobs from now on) is from that Google Drive link.

Pistol has also made some interesting posts on the official Discord channel.

Pistol is saying that:

1) Qain got fired because he didn't do his job. (source 1 and 2)

2) Claims that Wendell has been taking money from Tek Syndicate to fund his own company. (source 1, 2, 3 and 4)

3) Claims that Wendell doesn't actually own 30% of Tek Syndicate and that Logan owns 100% of the company. (source 1)

4) Claims that Logan has not used any Tek Syndicate money for personal things. (source 1)

5) Qain and Wendell are lying about a bunch of things. (source 1)

6) Pistol removes the ability to look at chat history on the Discord server and when asked why, Pistol replied with "I dont have to explain myself to anyone.". (Source 1, 2)

35 minutes ago, Yoinkerman said:

I guess so?  When the people of tek syndicate who aren't Logan are also knocking on his door wondering what's going on, it's a pretty fair conclusion to reach that something is going on.

The main thing is that tek syndicate has been happily taking peoples money, from patreon, from sponsors, from ad spots, from contracts, from ads, etc, etc, and they've had precious little content to show for it for months and months and months now.

At some point people stop caring about excuses.  They don't care about salaries, about moving costs, about taxes,etc, they want results.  And when pressed about it from the community, Logan, who shouts from every rooftop about transparency and sunlight is the best disinfectant, clams up, shuts the site down, and seemingly falls off the deep end of the pool.

Never denied something is going on.  Now ill admit I'm not as much of an avid watcher of their vids as i used to be, but how many videos do they usually put up?  Here is a list of the number of videos they've put up in the last 12 months.  

This month-15
lastmonth-20
2months ago-18
3months ago-9
4months ago-17
5months ago-11
6months ago-8
7 months ago-20
8months ago-11
9mmonths ago-10
10 months Ago-11
11months ago-17

Total of 167 videos

Average of about 14 videos a month 

Did it used to be more in previous years? 

Again, not questions that mistakes by logan were made.  Just not buying the stealing 100k and blowing it on cocaine bit.  and other ridiculous assertions.   

53 minutes ago, Jstone said:

if you read this

The support staff, editorial staff, and equipment costs to the company for all of my videos for 2015 that were invoiced to teksyndicate was less than $13.5k. These are only expenses to my main company that I needed to be reimbursed on, and most of that cost was a part-time student editor

right from his post

So, what does that mean?  Does that tell me what their taxes were company wide? Rent? Euipment? Salaries?  13.5k doesn't cover all that for an entire year.   Am i saying there isn't obviously some mis management on logans part? No.  But this is a long way from stealing 100k and spending it on cocaine. 

3 minutes ago, steven4570 said:

Never denied something is going on.  Now ill admit I'm not as much of an avid watcher of their vids as i used to be, but how many videos do they usually put up?  Here is a list of the number of videos they've put up in the last 12 months.  

This month-15
lastmonth-20
2months ago-18
3months ago-9
4months ago-17
5months ago-11
6months ago-8
7 months ago-20
8months ago-11
9mmonths ago-10
10 months Ago-11
11months ago-17

Total of 167 videos

Average of about 14 videos a month 

Did it used to be more in previous years? 

Again, not questions that mistakes by logan were made.  Just not buying the stealing 100k and blowing it on cocaine bit.  and other ridiculous assertions.   

Dunno, but I've been a pretty regular watcher and both the quality and quantity of videos has tanked.  At one point they were doing hardware reviews on their hardware channel, linux on the Linux channel, event coverage and mainstream stuff on their main channel, along with several weekly shows.  Now it seems like they're mostly just doing the weekly show and that seems more phoned in as well.  Like how Linus and slick don't come up with topics or quotations for the WAN show, they're just being script readers.  No offense to them, but it doesn't feel the same as it used to.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

3 minutes ago, steven4570 said:

So, what does that mean?  Does that tell me what their taxes were company wide? Rent? Euipment? Salaries?  13.5k doesn't cover all that for an entire year.   Am i saying there isn't obviously some mis management on logans part? No.  But this is a long way from stealing 100k and spending it on cocaine. 

the cocaine was a joke... you haven't  been on the internet much have you

1 minute ago, Jstone said:

the cocaine was a joke... you haven't  been on the internet much have you

I've been on several posts about this, trust me, it's not a joke to a lot of people.  And more importantly, lots of people will believe it, jokingly or not

1 minute ago, steven4570 said:

I've been on several posts about this, trust me, it's not a joke to a lot of people.  And more importantly, lots of people will believe it, jokingly or not

Have you seen the way Logan has been acting im not accusing but his behavior mimics that of a user

3 minutes ago, Jstone said:

Have you seen the way Logan has been acting im not accusing but his behavior mimics that of a user

It looks like depression or substance abuse to me.  Either way I think he needs help, not being judgemental here.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

2 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Actually it wasn't.   Here's proof :

Logan_Scarface.jpg

cute

I would never condone doxing, DDOS attacks and other hostility towards somebody on the internet...but if I was to ever condone it or do it (Not that I'm saying I would) I'd definitively start with Logan and Pistol.

-------

Current Rig

-------

8 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

You don't get to say "I'm sorry" after you pull that fucking shit on your patreons, on your admins, on your motherfucking business partners.

That sounds like a certain President I know....

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

13 hours ago, JAKEBAB said:

Qain interested me the most, he seemed to have a lot of knowledge with networking, and i wish they used him more. Sucks he's gone now.

https://www.youtube.com/user/RTWQain/videos He has a youtube channel. I enjoyed all of them really, but Qain and Wendell really awe me with how smart they are.

3 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Reveal hidden contents

Fellas, question.

I have seen the recent stuff posted by Pistol and I feel my integrity is in question here. I don't think the public forum is the place to really discuss this type of thing.

I am trying to finish out the last obligation I have (obligation in the sense I said I would do it, and by god, I'm going to do it) with Logan, so I asked him about all this Pistol stuff. I don't want to make Logan to be the bad guy. There are backlog videos of me you'll probably see me on the /razethew0rld channel a few more times.

Let me be clear. I think Pistol is being a (dishonest) troll and, to an extent, Logan is caught in the middle. The goal of this drama is probably to discredit me or to "stir the pot". I think the real effect will be only to be even more divisive at a time when we don't need that.

All I really want is away from the crazy, exactly this kind of crazy that I have been enduring for some time now, and some value out of my shares would be nice. I am hoping to continue to be a steward of the community and I would hope there is no doubt about the content of my character.

I did not throw a tantrum and pull the plug on the site. I am not spreading lies (proof attached).

Premise: Much of the content you have seen is from me. Some of that content is directly sponsored. That content generated direct revenue and indirect ad sales. You all know that most of my work is edited "locally." You can see the line items in the invoices are for things like hosting, travel and work.

I have posted a screenshot from a recent conversation with Logan about the 70/30 split, along with invoices which reimburse me for some of the direct expenses I have incurred for travel and video. You have seen the (sponsored) computex video that I did, along with other content. The hosting fee is a monthly fee. I think this is everything paid by the company for 2016 so far though I do have a couple outstanding invoices.

For me personally, I also have other documentation including our 2014 tax returns, Schedule K1, will have the partnership breakdown in black and white. It also has a lot of other information that does not need to be in a public forum, imho. However, I will be glad publish all of the financials and documentation I have if it comes to that.

I don't believe that wading into this, whatever this is, any further is necessary at this time.

Please remember to calm yourselves, put down your pitchforks. Reasonable minds will find a reasonable way forward. Docs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwUAnhvRhYsLV2VneEliSHBfSUk/view

The picture I posted earlier (the one where Logan says he is Steve Jobs from now on) is from that Google Drive link.

Pistol is saying that:

2) Claims that Wendell has been taking money from Tek Syndicate to fund his own company. (source 1, 2, 3 and 4)

3) Claims that Wendell doesn't actually own 30% of Tek Syndicate and that Logan owns 100% of the company. (source 1)

4) Claims that Logan has not used any Tek Syndicate money for personal things. (source 1)

6) Pistol removes the ability to look at chat history on the Discord server and when asked why, Pistol replied with "I dont have to explain myself to anyone.". (Source 1, 2)

I don't know what the real story is at Tek Syndicate, but the one thing that has been consistent throughout this entire debacle is Pistol's attitude. She is beyond arrogant and constantly antagonizes the members. It's the wrong way to approach this situation and only makes her more dislikable to me, but I've never been a fan of hers in the first place.

Good work on compiling all this.

Quality and view counts have been going downhill for years, mainly due to Logan in my opinion. I truly do feel bad for Wendall and Qain because they are the only 2 people who seem to actually KNOW anything. I wouldn't be upset if they did their own thing and left Tek to burn. 

Screw em all. Each and every one of them had a hand in the downfall.

4 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Hide contents

Fellas, question.

Pistol is saying that:

Im not saying your sources are wrong, but they are all coming from one person.. Pistol. I am not saying she is wrong about this situation but I think there is a lot we don't know, and probably will never know, Pistol seems to be having a piss poor mood about this, and inciting people on the forums over trivial stuff. But she is involved so who knows if shes telling everything open and not one sided. We will all find out what is going on in the coming days and weeks. 

My thoughts on this situation is that every one needs to calm down. People think they need to know so much personal info about them but they don't. Everyone has drama, theirs just happens to be aired out in public like this. now that being said, I would like to know more about this, but from Logan, Wendell and Qain. I have yet to hear anything from Qain and I would love to. I am keeping an open mind about this and will not let comments on a forum (Which may or may not be true) direct my disposition in any way towards these people. 

An image summing up the current situation at Tek Syndicate 

photo.jpg 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

5 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Reveal hidden contents

Fellas, question.

Pistol is saying that:

Mmm, more posturing. It's...difficult to tell at this point who here is on the "right" side. There's a whole lot of blame and accusations being thrown around, but not nearly enough proof. I just wish it were possible at this point for the situation to be resolved peacefully, but each side has labelled the other as the enemy, and the Tek Syndicate community seems to be as divided as its staff.

I need to remain impartial through this whole ordeal. I want to favor one side because of mounting evidence, but looks can be deceiving, and I know different people respond differently to crises.

Agh, I'm not even sure why I quoted you at this point. I originally did so because I find it interesting how Pistol has responded, that she is making claims counter to Wendell's and Qain's, which, regardless of whether they're true or not, seem to be an attempt to garner favor with the community. (And because I think you're cool. :$) But, I guess it just turned into my general opinions on the whole situation. Hope you don't mind. (Hmm, I think the cold I'm suffering from has addled my brain. Hooray!)

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

As a very casual viewer of TS stuff I'm disappointed it has come to this, but not wholly surprised. 

I have a few questions from people more knowledgeable about the TS channel, it's history and personnel if I may:

1. Did TekSyndicate start out as a hobby for Wendell and Logan?

2. Since the patreon started has there been a distinct change in direction of the channel/content?

3. Do Wendell or Logan have other employment? 

4. (Bonus question) Can you give me a TL;DR version of what happened? 

CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x3D |  GPU - RTX 3080 TUF OC | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570 | RAM - Patriot Viper Blackout 32GB 3200MHz | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Corsair MP600 PCIe 4.0  Storage - 2 x 1TB SSD's & 1 500GB SSD | PSU - Seasonic Focus Gold 1000w | Display - ASUS TUF VG27WQ Curved 1440P 165Hz | Cooling - ASUS TUF LC240 AIO + 5 aRGB Fans

I have been a Patreon for TS since they opened up with that service, and actually cut it off last month due to lack of content and there was already drama brewing. Wendell could easily have his own channel, and would do very will by himself. Logan was more into culture/news/being edgy and that type of stuff is a dime a dozen on the internet. Same as the Verge trying to mix 'culture' with tech. I ditched listening to anything the Verge has to say a long time ago, too. I am sure there is a subset of the population out there who that sort of thing appeals to but I find myself being able to pay attention to Wendell because I am going to learn something rather than Logan being an ass with a leftist/edgy slant which I couldn't care less about. 

The money stuff is going to get situated out privately, in court, or with someone just cutting their losses and moving on. 

No opinion of Pistol aside from that Ive observed the tech community is generally full of such nerds the possibility of a marriage with an attractive woman or really any type of healthy relationship with an attractive female always causes extra drama. No doubt she is a natural female but I can't even imagine what type of problems will occur in a small business when a co-ownership situation has one of the owners in a romantic relationship with someone is also an employee, and geographically separated from other parts of the business. Not suggesting anything just that its kind of a known thing even in a big business to not dip your quill into the company ink. Its even worse even giving off that impression in a small business.

Overall from what I know of Logan, and reading the responses since this issue started is that Logan is not a good small business leader, and Wendell already runs his own successful business. There is an inherent conflict here, and if Logan wants to pull some type of majority stake I am the boss type of stunt then he needs to man up, and listen to others who have already BTDT. I was going to say now is not the time to have a measuring contest but I think things have gotten so bad its past that point, and he should have been seeking advice long ago. Your own personal quirks and attitude go out the window when you go into business with someone else, and have employees who are relying on you to keep the business afloat. He can complain all he wants to about the location or whatever inspires him but that is extremely selfish.

I've been part of their community for a while (the funny thing is that this incident caused me to become more active which is pretty crap timing), and it kinda sucks but I saw this coming from a mile away. When Logan moved away from Kentucky I noticed that they both (Wendell and Logan) have slipped on keeping their promises with content (and this is mainly Logan's problem). A lot of stuff wasn't produced or mothballed. I can forgive Wendell because he runs a business, but Logan doesn't really have much of an excuse here.

After reading both responses, I noticed that Logan's response said a lot without actually saying anything (i.e. there was not real substance to it). Wendell was actually able to back up his side of the story. Additionally, the things that Qain have said seem to corroborate Wendell's claims. For now I am in the Wendell & Qain camp, but I still want to hear what Logan will continue to say and show as time goes on. It's important to have both sides of the story here.

Spoiler

Main rig specs: i5-6500 (3.2 GHz), Cryorig H5 Universal, EVGA GTX 970 FTW+, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 (2133MHz), Asus Z170i Pro Gaming, Samsung 950 PRO 256GB, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX, LG 3440x1440 Ultrawide.

I've been a viewer and community member for a while (about 4 years). I think I can answer some of your questions or at least give more information.

4 hours ago, Gazereths said:

1. Did TekSyndicate start out as a hobby for Wendell and Logan?

I'm fairly certain that it started as more of a project that Logan and Qain started. Shorty after starting to make videos, Wendell joined to do camera work(?) among other things. Over time Wendell became a more integral part of the channel and they hired some other staff (mainly, it seems, through Wendell's business and personal connections). This segues well into another question:

3. Do Wendell or Logan have other employment? 

Logan is doing Tek Syndicate full time and Wendell runs his own IT consultancy in Kentucky.

2. Since the patreon started has there been a distinct change in direction of the channel/content?

From what I understand, Patreon was supposed to boost the output of channel. In theory, they could work on more complex projects, hire more people, and create an office to boost production values and create a permanent space for the company. While it's only been about a year since the Patreon launched, there haven't really been any changes in content nor have many of the things they promised come to fruition. They did move into the office, but almost nothing has happened with that project.

Spoiler

Main rig specs: i5-6500 (3.2 GHz), Cryorig H5 Universal, EVGA GTX 970 FTW+, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 (2133MHz), Asus Z170i Pro Gaming, Samsung 950 PRO 256GB, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX, LG 3440x1440 Ultrawide.