Where should i buy my domain name from?

AlTech
1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

Kind of but not entirely. I knew I wanted one eventually but I never found a real reason I needed one.

Ah, I see.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

57 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

If I'm going to be using Wix for my website design layout

But why not use SQUARESPACE?

Squarespace makes it super simple to build it beautiful, build your website however you want so that it looks great on any device, and for a limited time only you can use offer code LINUS at the link in the video description to get $10 off if you purchase a domain for one year! Squarespace: You Should!

/s jk use whatever you want :P

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

Kind of but not entirely. I knew I wanted one eventually but I never found a real reason I needed one.

Well you could just get a cheap domain,get a host from like 000webhost and then just upload your HTML,CSS etc to the database,but you will need to create your own website by coding and not from a Website Builder

Well I know there was a coupon for $1 domain for a year via godaddy but I'm not aware of it's location

@ShadowTechXTS Is the one I remember mentioning it in a status update

https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/252706-shadowtechxts/?status=144951&type=status

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

12 minutes ago, keNNySOC said:

Well you could just get a cheap domain,get a host from like 000webhost and then just upload your HTML,CSS etc to the database,but you will need to create your own website by coding and not from a Website Builder

Their website got a database password leak that was all in plain text. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

4 minutes ago, themctipers said:

Their website got a database password leak that was all in plain text. 

Well,you can't complain there free,what can you expect

1 minute ago, keNNySOC said:

Well,you can't complain there free,what can you expect

ಠ_ಠ 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Also a word of advice that will save you a lot of headache down the road: NEVER get a domain through your web hosting provider. Always buy your domain from a reputable (ICANN accredited) registrar and never transfer it to a hosting company. If you get a "free" domain, transfer it out as soon as possible.

-KuJoe

Even if I told you you've never heard of them, but just hold on for a second. Are you interested in buying only a domain or domain+hosting? This thread has me a little confused about that, but based on the pricing I think you're interested in a domain+hosting?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

3 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Even if I told you you've never heard of them, but just hold on for a second. Are you interested in buying only a domain or domain+hosting? This thread has me a little confused about that, but based on the pricing I think you're interested in a domain+hosting?

Domain, hosting and website builder :). I've had some experience with Square space but it wasn't exactly the best experience ever.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

20 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Domain, hosting and website builder :). I've had some experience with Square space but it wasn't exactly the best experience ever.

Oh, a website builder as well. Sadly I've no idea about that except Square Space, I've only used WP. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.