Intel 600p or Samsung 850 EVO

Tweed

I saw that the Intel 600p just came out and it's a m.2 PCIe SSD priced nearly the same as the Samsung 850 EVO (512GB for both). Which should I get? Since the 600p just came out, idk if it's good or not, no reviews. 

based on the specs i saw on the WAN show the 600p should be a fair bit faster than the 850 EVO in that size. but I haven't really done a ton of research on the 600p

Just now, Tech Inquisition said:

The 600p is NVMe based AFAIK so definitely faster than your SATA 3 M.2's but seriously underwhelming for an NVMe/PCIex4 drive...

if you compare it to something like a 950 pro, then sure.... but its also twice as expensive. if you compare it to something the same price (apparently like a 850 evo) then it seems like a pretty kickass deal.

1 minute ago, Zyndo said:

if you compare it to something like a 950 pro, then sure.... but its also twice as expensive. if you compare it to something the same price (apparently like a 850 evo) then it seems like a pretty kickass deal.

True, the 600P is an entry level NVMe product... and at least will not be as HOT as a 950 Pro ;)

My profile... HERE

Join the Disqussions... https://disqus.com/home/channel/techinquisition/

600p is better than samsung evo 850. Even samsung 850 pro.

Read speeds are pretty decent on those 600p (up to 1800MB/s). Write speeds are more like on samsung evo 850 so around 500MB/s. Still decent if you ask me.

Now we can all agree that this M.2 SSD can't compare to samsung 950,951,960,961 etc. But those are like 2x expencier.

600p version of M.2 is meant for entry level, so more customers can get into M.2 technology. But it's sure as hell better than any sata ssd.

So if you want to have that fancy M.2 ssd and can't spend fortune on it, 600p is a way to go. 1770MB/s read speed for 512GB version seems pretty decent to me. Compared to SATA SSDs that can handle mostly up to 540MB/s.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB