PC wont boot up using DVI Anymore

Recently my PC stopped booting up through DVI on board and it was working until I moved it (unplugged everything and moved it elsewhere). When I plugged everything back in and turned it on the monitor displays a message saying no cable connected even though it is definitely  plugged in. I ordered a new DVI cable and it didn't change anything. The PC boots up when I either use the HDMI on the graphics card, When I take the GPU out of the PC and use the on board DVI it works (But this isn't ideal as it uses integrated graphics). Can anyone help me please it would be much appreciated? Thanks.

9 minutes ago, max97865 said:

Recently my PC stopped booting up through DVI on board and it was working until I moved it (unplugged everything and moved it elsewhere). When I plugged everything back in and turned it on the monitor displays a message saying no cable connected even though it is definitely  plugged in. I ordered a new DVI cable and it didn't change anything. The PC boots up when I either use the HDMI on the graphics card, When I take the GPU out of the PC and use the on board DVI it works (But this isn't ideal as it uses integrated graphics). Can anyone help me please it would be much appreciated? Thanks.

Just use the damn HDMI or something? DVI is old and cant carry as high of a resoloution or Hz

17 minutes ago, max97865 said:

Your computer is probably booting, you just aren't getting video signal through the DVI. Since it works without the discrete GPU, I'm guessing your onboard GPU is disabled when the other GPU is plugged, and you need to connect your monitor to one of the discrete GPU's connectors, not the onboard one. If all GPUs are enabled in BIOS, you could probably get the onboards to feed a secondary diplay, but your primary GPU should be the PCIe one. You cannot get the discrete GPU to output video through the motherboard DVI.

I don't have a PC with iGPU to check this, though, so don't take my word for it.

11 hours ago, DisconnectedYT said:

Just use the damn HDMI or something? DVI is old and cant carry as high of a resoloution or Hz

Well thats funny because DVI supports up to 144hz thats why Im using it, hdmi doesnt go over 60hz

11 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Your computer is probably booting, you just aren't getting video signal through the DVI. Since it works without the discrete GPU, I'm guessing your onboard GPU is disabled when the other GPU is plugged, and you need to connect your monitor to one of the discrete GPU's connectors, not the onboard one. If all GPUs are enabled in BIOS, you could probably get the onboards to feed a secondary diplay, but your primary GPU should be the PCIe one. You cannot get the discrete GPU to output video through the motherboard DVI.

I don't have a PC with iGPU to check this, though, so don't take my word for it.

I guess Ill have to use an adapter to plug directly into the graphics card instead of the mobo